thank you! 100% working system now!. Doug

Squidderlee

Squidderlee

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

@theconnactic

Thank you very much... This fix solved a major headache I have been having on a multiboot setup which includes Mavericks and Mountie.. I recently installed a wi fi USB DWA-125 D-Link N150 and I think thats where my troubles all began.. Rebuilt both systems only to find that in ML I could not mount either of my NTFS drives when booting from the master (Mavericks) withe either Chameleon or Chimera...
However... Booting with either installed on the Mountie partition directly.. gave me both ntfs drives... but then knocked out my wi-fi....

I took your advice here... Downloaded Generic Cham and installed Sata and  NVRam DiLybs to The Mavericks partition (which by process of elimination was the one giving the hassle) .... reinstalled the Ralink Driver.... Rebooted to Mountie from the Master (Mavericks) loader and Bingo! All is well

Have to see if changing these DiLybs has had any effect on Mavericks.... but at least for now Mountie is back healthy!

mikap1

mikap1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I had the same problem with Lion 10.7 and I tried to install an old version of NTFS for Mac OS X and it blocked my ability to even mount the NTFS hard drives. Then I found this thread and I was able to mount the NTFS drives again:

https://discussions..../thread/3191198

Try deleting /System/Library/filesystems/ufsd.fs

Then I installed a new trail version of NTFS for Mac OS X (11.1) that is compatible with 10.7 Lion and I can read/write as well as mount NTFS drives!

Yeah!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy