3 replies to this topic

Franz22

Franz22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi all,
now i'm two OS installed in my SSD 120GB. OS X 10.8.3 and Windows 7. All run perfectly thanks Chameleon and All guys of InsanelyMac :P
Now i would like to replace Win 7 with Win 8. First of all because it's more fast and even because takes up less memory.
So how can i install it? Can i do as a normal installation or it compromised my chameleon and so my os x partition?

Thanks.

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
Windows will overwrite any old boot loader settings. I would recommend you to create a Chameleon thumb drive with your current settings and to use it after the Windows installation to be able to boot into Mac.
Afterwards you can run the Chameleon installer again.

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Now i would like to replace Win 7 with Win 8

Please don't! :)

Franz22

Franz22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Windows will overwrite any old boot loader settings. I would recommend you to create a Chameleon thumb drive with your current settings and to use it after the Windows installation to be able to boot into Mac.
Afterwards you can run the Chameleon installer again.

Thank you very much as always k3nny :)

Please don't! :)

Ahah i know i know...i've not decided yet, I just wanted to know how to do it. I think that Microsoft will improve it in future :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy