Help Installing Mountain Lion On Asus x401a

skypete

33 posts in this topic

If your laptop doesn't have the CPU welded you can change it for a Intel Core i3-2330M or similar (Core generation processors have HD 3000 and HD 4000 and this graphics are compatible). But first you must check the chipset; if you have Intel HM65 (Sandy Bridge) or Intel HM76 Chipset (Ivy Bridge) is possible to make the change, if you have Intel HM70 Chipset (Ivy Bridge) you can't. And remember, the supported socket is rPGA988B.

Regards and lucky!

If your laptop doesn't have the CPU welded you can change it for a Intel Core i3-2330M or similar (Core generation processors have HD 3000 and HD 4000 and this graphics are compatible). But first you must check the chipset; if you have Intel HM65 (Sandy Bridge) or Intel HM76 Chipset (Ivy Bridge) is possible to make the change, if you have Intel HM70 Chipset (Ivy Bridge) you can't. And remember, the supported socket is rPGA988B.

Regards and lucky!

how can i check to see if compatable thanks

ok good news i had a lenovo v570 lying around it had a bios problem on it i could not acess the bios because of the password so i took out hte I5 cpu there and put it into the asus laptop now i have hd3000 graphics now and working great so im trying to install 10.8.3 on it now to see what happens it works i guess i got lucky but im still tesing osx on it ill keep u posted on this

ok i tried to install mac on it it was succesfull i boot now into it by pressing -x or -v -f i installed chimera and nothing when i restart i get a boot erro not bootloader showing up whats so ever imma try the boot0 error fix to see if that works hopefully i can get soemting on this to work soon.

ok finally got the boot error fixed now i installed only following kexts fakesmc,cpumangament,ps2, when start it up i get this error {Pci confifuration end, bridges 4 devices 12} it just freezed there any helpon this

• 2 weeks later...

Hello i have this laptop and my processor is i3 with intel hd3000. I am able to install ML with qe/ci working but do not have the following on which a must requirement for me

Bootloader - the internal drive does not boot. Currently booting to a usb installer to boot internal drive. Bios for some reason does not detect my laptops drive. I tried chimera, chameleon and clover does mot work for me. I have a gpt formatted drive.

Wifi - not working. I need help finding kext. Tried bunch of kext but no dice

Camera - not working. I need help finding kext.

TIA

ok here is the Hardware IDs hope this helps

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0106&SUBSYS_

14F71043&REV_09

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0106&SUBSYS_14F71043

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0106&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0106&CC_0300

Can you let me know if you had progress on your x401a hack laptop?

Ok. I manage to install clover on my hack system and is able to boot up clover menu. problem is when I select the Mountain Lion it stalls on

System Uptime (random numbers) nanoseconds...

and never get pass to it.