Help Installing Mountain Lion On Asus x401a

skypete

33 posts in this topic

I could never installed with Intel HD Graphics 2000 and I think you can't.

You need the hardware ID to know the correct GPU. Also, the Celeron "BXXX" have HD 2000 so you can't have QE/CI.

If your laptop have rPGA988B socket and is possible to change the processor you can change it for a Core i3.

For example, a Core i3 2330M with Intel HD Graphics 3000.

can you explain it on how to get the correct hardware ID? 10.8.3 i get resoultion etc when i tired to install what happens it i installed to this laptop and only in safemode i cannot get mouse to work wihout a USB mouse and no bootloader works as well i have to use teh usb stick to boot into it

If you have Windows installed, right-click on "Computer", select "Manage", "Devices Manager", open "Displays adapters", right-click on your GPU, "Properties", go to "Details" and select "Hardware Ids".

HD2000 you can only get full resolution with some different kexts. If you don't want to boot in safe mode then delete all graphics kexts. Then download this file and you will get full resolution. http://www.4shared.com/zip/3V60KdVe/Graphics.html you will get full resolution but no qe/ci. And i think you need to install Macbook Pro 8,2 as SmBios.

Honestly, skypete?

OSX without graphics really sucks, big time. This because even non-multimedia directly related software, like iWork, needs Quartz Extreme to work at all.

I'd say get a new laptop, but in case your wallet won't allow it, just sell your ASUS and buy another refurbished/used laptop, this time with supported graphics. Between a weaker CPU and unsupported graphics, stay with the former: i have an ASUS eeepc 1201n that relies on an Atom 330 - which is not even close to the power range of your CPU - but with fully supported nVidia graphics. And i bet my OSX user experience is better, far better, than anything that you'll ever achieve. Believe me: not being harsh or pessimistic here, just trying to spare you from a lot of time lost and grayed hairs.

All the best!

• Like 1

HD2000 you can only get full resolution with some different kexts. If you don't want to boot in safe mode then delete all graphics kexts. Then download this file and you will get full resolution. http://www.4shared.c...e/Graphics.html you will get full resolution but no qe/ci. And i think you need to install Macbook Pro 8,2 as SmBios.

hey thank you for all your help on this wanted to ask do i delte this files that is included with link u send me or other type? and replace them

thats fine your right hehe but im am happy with just resolution lol for now

hey thank you for all your help on this wanted to ask do i delte this files that is included with link u send me or other type? and replace them

thats fine your right hehe but im am happy with just resolution lol for now

No delete all graphics kext.

For "basic Xcoding" or learning how to OSX, i not only agree but i repeat i also went through that, Rogiervd. For everything else, i beg to differ. Read please my posts in the Asus netbook forums, a topic about OSX on a T-101 MT (the dreaded GMA 3150): it was the challenge of getting it to work that kept me trying, but as soon as realized support for the GMA 3150 is not really a distinct possibility (and i was very active in the attempts on developing support for it, google theconnactic+GMA3150) , and i needed a laptop for getting work done, i switched to the said 1201n.

All the best!

For "basic Xcoding" or learning how to OSX, i not only agree but i repeat i also went through that, Rogiervd. For everything else, i beg to differ. Read please my posts in the Asus netbook forums, a topic about OSX on a T-101 MT (the dreaded GMA 3150): it was the challenge of getting it to work that kept me trying, but as soon as realized support for the GMA 3150 is not really a distinct possibility (and i was very active in the attempts on developing support for it, google theconnactic+GMA3150) , and i needed a laptop for getting work done, i switched to the said 1201n.

All the best!

I'm running OS X on HD2000 now. Going to spare up 2 years (Since i'm too young for a normal job) and finally going to make a good Hackintosh. I wan't like you say learn more about coding and the OS. But it just doesn't go too well on my laptop right now :P

Ok few more to help in this I don't get mouse support I only have keyboard when i delete the kexts u said I should be able to boot without using -x right? Also what about the boot loader on that chameleon does not work I read that clover should be ok but i do not no how to get that to work or install on the partition very hard for me I'm also thinking of dual booting this laptop with Linux and windows

Ok few more to help in this I don't get mouse support I only have keyboard when i delete the kexts u said I should be able to boot without using -x right? Also what about the boot loader on that chameleon does not work I read that clover should be ok but i do not no how to get that to work or install on the partition very hard for me I'm also thinking of dual booting this laptop with Linux and windows

What mouse do you have? Do you mean Touchpad or really a Mouse? I can send you my kext that is for Synaptics touchpad. When you delete every kext you are able too boot without -x yes. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282787-clover-v2-instructions/ there is a installer in the 3rd or 2nd post. About the dual boot i don't know how a Triple boot would work. I only know how to dual boot when installing Windows first.

hey it is for the Synaptics touchpad pad for im dualbooting so that is fine i do have windows installed on it the clover is confusing for me or maybe im just doing it wrong also wanted to mention that the hardrive im using the only way for he bios to see the hardrive is to have it formted in MBR format not GPT that is why bootloaders do not reconize the harddrive.

I have a Lenovo G470 with a Intel Pentium B940 (Sandy Bridge with HD 2000, rPGA988B socket) and possibly I soon change it processor to a Core i3-2330M (also Sandy Bridge and rPGA988B socket but with HD 3000).

If your laptop doesn't have the CPU welded you can make a change like mine. In your case from the Celeron B830 to the Core i3-2330M (Both with Sandy Bridge technology and rPGA988B socket).

This way give you a Intel HD Graphics 3000 GPU and you can make use of QE/CI.

• Like 1

hey it is for the Synaptics touchpad pad for im dualbooting so that is fine i do have windows installed on it the clover is confusing for me or maybe im just doing it wrong also wanted to mention that the hardrive im using the only way for he bios to see the hardrive is to have it formted in MBR format not GPT that is why bootloaders do not reconize the harddrive.

http://www.osx86.net/view/1448-updated_trackpad+keyboard_ps2_32-64.html download the trackpad Synaptics gesture. I don't know to do it without GPT sorry.

If your laptop doesn't have the CPU welded you can change it for a Intel Core i3-2330M or similar (Core generation processors have HD 3000 and HD 4000 and this graphics are compatible). But first you must check the chipset; if you have Intel HM65 (Sandy Bridge) or Intel HM76 Chipset (Ivy Bridge) is possible to make the change, if you have Intel HM70 Chipset (Ivy Bridge) you can't. And remember, the supported socket is rPGA988B.

Regards and lucky!