• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Kosta88

Kosta88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Well, w7 is also quite good, but I simply expected more.
Might be ok to just run the two programs I can't find any replacements in osx: mp3 renatager and tag&rename. I know the osx alternatives, but they are weak.

Xpsycho

Xpsycho

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Have you tried to give yourself a little more ram in the virtual? Generally 4 gigs of ram is a minimum but if you are pulling too many resources from the main system then yes you will lag more. Make sure you install parallel tools 2 times because it seems that the first time doesn't take very well and needs the second one.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,034 posts
Windows 7 is utter overkill if you only need to run some simple MP3 retagging software. Use XP instead.

Windows XP SP3 runs great with 1GB RAM (or, for your purpose, less than that) allocated to it.

If you want to stay with Windows 7 disabling Aero and other unnecessary fluff (there are guides online for this) should get you some performance back and allow you to allocate less memory to it without sacrificing performance.

Kosta88

Kosta88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
It's running quite well now, thanks for the help guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy