After a long time, I decided to dive in to Hackintoshes again.
Today, I successfully installed iAtkos ML2 on my HP HPE170f desktop. Everything works great, it's incredibly smooth, and has been a lot of fun to use.
After installing, I updated to 10.8.3 using the built-in updater (after seeing someone else have success with it). It worked a treat for me.
I didn't realize though until an hour ago that I was still booting off the iAtkos USB I made, so I decided to remove it, received a one-line error "boot0:error".
I Googled, and found the guide that you will most likely tell me to try; the one where you pull out the boot1h file out of the Chameleon or Chimera pkg, drop it on a second USB, reboot into the installer, unmount, dd= , the whole shebang. Each time I do it, it tells me it has successfully copied.
The error has now changed slightly, instead of just one line telling me boot0 error, there are also a few lines that say "GPT". But it will always stop there.
Things to note:
- Before messing with the boot1h fix, I attempted to manually install Chimera (once through the tool that as I understand is not acceptable to mention around here, and once through the standalone installer)
- After getting frustrated with the repeated error, I also tried to directly install Chameleon.
- I made sure the USB that I stored the boot1h file on was formatted to HFS+
- The boot1h file was placed at the root of the USB stick.
- I have a 1TB Hitachi drive. I have no idea what the current sector size is (or how to tell).
If any more information is needed, please let me know. I feel that I have covered everything thus far. but it's possible I missed something.
Thank you all for your time.