24 replies to this topic

BMWacuraFTW

BMWacuraFTW

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey all,

Proud owner of an M17x R4 (Intel i73630, GTX 675); however, I can't seem to get this thing to boot with Mountain Lion. Seing that you guys are well past my point of despair, I was wondering if you guys encountered the same problem in your project's begining.

The problem:

Using iatkos ML2 on a bootable USB everything works great using -v and -x UNTIL I get to this line while booting
  • ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on keyboard input stream
I plug in a wireless USB Keyboard + mouse, reboot using the -v and -x flags and I get the following line
  • com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load successful
  • Waiting for root device
After scouring forum after forum, it seems I am the only one having this isue? iATKOS ML2 is the third OSx86 software I use that results in that line (Previously tried TonymacOSx86 and some other thing)

BIOS Config (Note, it is not unlocked)
Intel SpeedStep: Enabled
Virtualization: Enabled
Integrated NIC: Enabled
USB Emulation: Enabled
USB Powershare: Enabled
USB Wake Support: Enabled
SATA Operation: AHCI
USB Debug: Enabled
External USB Ports: Enabled
eSATA Ports: Enabled

mattrowe

mattrowe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:rugby, product design, sketching, osx86
To boot the iatkos ml2 I always use -x -v CPUs=1 graphicsenabler=yes

BMWacuraFTW

BMWacuraFTW

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No luck :( Same as always
  • ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on keyboard input stream
  • com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless load sucessful
  • com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load successful
Etc lol

Should I just add the DSDT.aml file provided somewhere in this thread to the iATKOS bootloader in the /extras folder to (hopefully) terminate the errors?

Pahcixam

Pahcixam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Hi.

You're not the same in this case. The solution for me was to burn it on a dual layer DVD. But I will start from scratch again because I can't get my screen working at all and I found someone on another forum with exactly the same configuration as mine who make it work with the Vanilla way. So this si the plan for me. I only use iAtkos to have a working App Store to buy and download the last 10.8.3 installer.

Courage ^^

@+

Pahcixam

Pahcixam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Just a little information. I just installed an ArchLinux on this PC and I have exactly the same problem of black screen with the nvidia driver but the nouveau one work like à charm. In the case of nvidia driver, xorg's log said that it can't read edid information from the screen. However the nouveau driver see perfectly these informations and start normally. For the moment I can't get the nvidia working (but like in OS X, external monitors are working).

I'm pretty sure that this is the same problem in both OS. If someone have any clue to resolve this it would be great.

And one's more, i'm sure that the Intel card is desactivated. The information is shown in the BIOS and with the lspci command under linux. I can't even turn it on in the BIOS because of my 120Hz screen. The nVidia card is connected directly to the screen.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy