DSDT for Alienware M17X R4 Errors to correct

Pahcixam

25 posts in this topic

Hey.

I'm working on my new installation of ML on my Alienware M17X R4.

I still have errors when compiling my dsdt.dsl after adding the patchs found here: (removed)

Could you please help me correct this dsdt file in order for me to compile it ? I attach the two files, the original one, and one with my patches.

Thanks a lot.

DSDT from Windows.rar

Edited by Lejenk
Removed URL

Hi thanks for the work !

Maybe I've a problem with my compiler (DSDT Editor under Windows for now), but with your file, even if I only have 3 lines compared to 20+ I had before, there is still an error:

Line 20: Error Name already exists in scope (\TNOT)
Line 1309; Warning ResourceTag larger than Field (Tag: 64 bits, Field: 32 bits)
Line 3575: Warning Reserved method should not return a value (_SRS)

Could you please tell me what compiler you use ?

For the patchs, I had duallink for my screen because for now, when desktop should show up, the screen turn black. I have an nVidia GTX680M and a 3D Screen (120Hz) so I'm trying to modify my DSDT in order to make it work. For now I can boot removing all NVDA*kext from /System/Library/Extensions/ but with very poor graphics. I'm also trying to get my Atheros 9380 working. It's well detect but I can't see any network.

Thanks again for your time.

I use DSDT Editor for Mac.

I have problems with that TNOT error, after compiling, (i can compile it) it will pop up with others.

Line 20:

Remove: External (\TNOT)

Line 1309: No clue, i do not have the warning?

Line 3575: Change: Return (BUF2)

to

Return (Zero)

But, the errors above are not from the DSDT i have provided you (Except TNOT). If you have patched anything, please upload the new DSDT, thank you

For now, let's get the dsdt to compile correctly and apply the basic patches, after that we can start modifying it :)

The DSDT is yours. I just open the DSDT.aml with DSDT Editor and then try to compile it with IASL > Compile (F5). Now With the two modifications on line 20 and 3575 I succesfuly compile it with only the warning on 1309.

For now it's all I done. I want to make it step by step also.

So now than compilation is working, maybe we can start apply basic patches ?

Thanks for your help.

Ok, so I apply the patchs but I got few mistakes:

After applying HPET patch, I got the "famous" CRS error on line 2048 (Return (CRS))

Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)
   {
   Return (CRS)
   }

I try to replace Return (CRS) by Return (BUF1) but still get the error. Then I try to change both CRS by BUF1 but got a hundred of erros :S

Am I doing something wrong. I try my best to understand all this. I'm not so bad with computer but I brand new in DSDT modding :D

I'm hoping we will get this working ^^

Change it to BUF0

Device (HPET)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0103"))
Name (_UID, Zero)
Name (BUF0, ResourceTemplate ()
{
IRQNoFlags ()
{0}
IRQNoFlags ()
{8}
IRQNoFlags ()
{11}
IRQNoFlags ()
{15}
Memory32Fixed (ReadWrite,
0xFED00000, // Address Base
0x00000400, // Address Length
_Y10)
})
Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (0x0F)
}
Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (BUF0)
}
}

Problem solved :)

DSDT.dsl.zip

Ok. Now the compilation is OK. I put the DSDT.aml in /Extra folder and start in chamelon with DSDT=/Extra/DSDT.aml (this is just to be sure I'm not doing any mistake).

My SMBIOS is on MacBookPro9,1.

For now there is no difference with the screen. But maybe have I to remove some kext I where using until now to see benefice from DSDT ?

Thanks a lot again.

A bit late, but your initial question could be answered without it.

Do you mind providing the specifications about your system?

I have an nVidia GTX680M and a 3D Screen (120Hz)

Any Intel Graphics? Forget about the Nvidia then.

Removing kexts will not solve anything for now.

Hello all!

I have a M17X R4 also. I initially had some problems with compilation but I have fixed all that!

The only thing that's not working for my system is sleep. Its killing me! Haha, really cannot get it working. If anyone else manages to fix it with DSDT please share!

I have done all the SSDT procedures etc. Just get a black screen at boot :(

Hello all!

I have a M17X R4 also. I initially had some problems with compilation but I have fixed all that!

The only thing that's not working for my system is sleep. Its killing me! Haha, really cannot get it working. If anyone else manages to fix it with DSDT please share!

I have done all the SSDT procedures etc. Just get a black screen at boot :(

Hey.

@lejenk: I have an HD graphics because I have an Ivy Bridge CPU. No choice for that. But as I have a 120Hz Screen, the intel card is disable (not compatible). Moreover, I have an unlock bios so I disabled it anywhere I found mention of it.

For the rest, here are my spec:

Alienware M17X R4
Intel Core i7 3610QM
Chipset Intel HM77 Express
8GB DDR3 (2x4 Gb)
nVidia GTX680M (2Gb)
1 SSD (Windows 8 64bits)
1 HDD (Data + OS X)
Bluray drive
120Hz screen

@mattrowe: What is your graphic card and how did you make it work ?

Hey.

@lejenk: I have an HD graphics because I have an Ivy Bridge CPU. No choice for that. But as I have a 120Hz Screen, the intel card is disable (not compatible). Moreover, I have an unlock bios so I disabled it anywhere I found mention of it.

For the rest, here are my spec:

Alienware M17X R4
Intel Core i7 3610QM
Chipset Intel HM77 Express
8GB DDR3 (2x4 Gb)
nVidia GTX680M (2Gb)
1 SSD (Windows 8 64bits)
1 HDD (Data + OS X)
Bluray drive
120Hz screen

@mattrowe: What is your graphic card and how did you make it work ?

Hi Pahcixam! my system is identical tp yours except i have a 7970m HD graphics card.I havent managed to get the 7970m working yet :( just don't have the experience for that. Although i did look around and found some stuff on how to get the Intel 4000 graphics working! seems pretty easy. Although I haven't had a chance to get working on it because of all my college work :( same reason for me replying to your post late. Sorry about that!

Cheers all.

Remove the nvidia kexts. Boot with -s an type the following:

mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAGK100Hal.kext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Geforce.kext

The Nvidia card will not work, focus on the Intel HD :)

Hi.

I already try this, and I can boot with succes without nvidia extensions but graphics are very slow and poor (no acceleration). I'm pretty sure that my Intel graphics are disable by default because it is not compatible with 3D screen (120Hz) at all. In Windows, there is no mention of it in the peripherical manager and my Fn+F7 key did nothing (normally I can switch between cards).

Moreover, when I boot with extension and with a vga screen, my card is fully recognize in About this Mac and acceleration in working (transparency on top bar). I presume that the probleme is the link between my card and my screen witch is not recognize, that's why I thaught that a corrected DSDT would have made the trick.

Thanks for your help.

Hi.

Here are 4 screenshots, 2 with nVidia kext loaded and an external monitor plugged in, and 2 more with /S/L/E/NVDA* moved to /KextOff for testing purpose and without external monitor because the integrated one is working.

As you can see my card is recognized and working with the external screen and there is no mention of intel graphics.

Sorry for french language on screenshots.

Thanks for helping.

post-216465-0-23693600-1366998687_thumb.png

post-216465-0-50120700-1366998816_thumb.png

post-216465-0-64179000-1366998908_thumb.png

post-216465-0-95910700-1366998960_thumb.png

Little up after 1 week. If someone could help me, it would be great.

If you need more infos / screenshots / results of command line / picture of BIOS parameters don't hesitate to ask me.

Thanks for helping.

Hey all,

Proud owner of an M17x R4 (Intel i73630, GTX 675); however, I can't seem to get this thing to boot with Mountain Lion. Seing that you guys are well past my point of despair, I was wondering if you guys encountered the same problem in your project's begining.

The problem:

Using iatkos ML2 on a bootable USB everything works great using -v and -x UNTIL I get to this line while booting

• ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on keyboard input stream

I plug in a wireless USB Keyboard + mouse, reboot using the -v and -x flags and I get the following line

• com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load successful
  • Waiting for root device

After scouring forum after forum, it seems I am the only one having this isue? iATKOS ML2 is the third OSx86 software I use that results in that line (Previously tried TonymacOSx86 and some other thing)

BIOS Config (Note, it is not unlocked)

Intel SpeedStep: Enabled

Virtualization: Enabled

Integrated NIC: Enabled

USB Emulation: Enabled

USB Powershare: Enabled

USB Wake Support: Enabled

SATA Operation: AHCI

USB Debug: Enabled

External USB Ports: Enabled

eSATA Ports: Enabled

No luck :( Same as always

• ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on keyboard input stream
  • com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless load sucessful
  • com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load successful

Etc lol

Should I just add the DSDT.aml file provided somewhere in this thread to the iATKOS bootloader in the /extras folder to (hopefully) terminate the errors?

Hi.

You're not the same in this case. The solution for me was to burn it on a dual layer DVD. But I will start from scratch again because I can't get my screen working at all and I found someone on another forum with exactly the same configuration as mine who make it work with the Vanilla way. So this si the plan for me. I only use iAtkos to have a working App Store to buy and download the last 10.8.3 installer.

Courage ^^

@+

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little information. I just installed an ArchLinux on this PC and I have exactly the same problem of black screen with the nvidia driver but the nouveau one work like à charm. In the case of nvidia driver, xorg's log said that it can't read edid information from the screen. However the nouveau driver see perfectly these informations and start normally. For the moment I can't get the nvidia working (but like in OS X, external monitors are working).

I'm pretty sure that this is the same problem in both OS. If someone have any clue to resolve this it would be great.

And one's more, i'm sure that the Intel card is desactivated. The information is shown in the BIOS and with the lspci command under linux. I can't even turn it on in the BIOS because of my 120Hz screen. The nVidia card is connected directly to the screen.

Thanks.