What should I do with my retired Hackintosh?

3 posts in this topic

Hi.

Until last week, I was using my 3 years-old Hackintosh as my main machine. I always wanted to get a real Mac desktop and got myself the high end current generation Mac mini last Monday.

The problem is: how do I recycle my Hack? Using it as a server? Using it as a media center? As a Windows PC? As a Linux PC? I don't want to use it as a family machine as my mom has no interest in technology, nor selling it or giving it, as it was my "buddy" for the past 3 years (I'm the kind of weirdo that develops sentiments for machines, and yes, I'm seeing a psychiatrist ? ).

Its setup is in my sig. Thanks in advance.

Use it as gaming rig (for light gaming sessions), if you are in to gaming :)

Or use it as a backup fix-other-PCs-with machine. I do PC repairs occasionally, and a spare desktop PC is quite handy (disk cloning/cleaning/checking etc.).

P.S. Congrats with the new toy! :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks. I'm not a gamer, as I own a PS3 that I used only a couple of times as a gaming machine, I'm using it mainly as a Video station (Netflix, Blu-ray, DVD, UPNP). To be more precise, I linked my hack to my 32" TV via HDMI, I just don't know what to do with it. The main reason I abandoned it was discovering a SATA port fell off the mobo.