What should I do with my retired Hackintosh?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

johnlocke2342

johnlocke2342

4 8 15 16 23 42

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Hi.
Until last week, I was using my 3 years-old Hackintosh as my main machine. I always wanted to get a real Mac desktop and got myself the high end current generation Mac mini last Monday.
The problem is: how do I recycle my Hack? Using it as a server? Using it as a media center? As a Windows PC? As a Linux PC? I don't want to use it as a family machine as my mom has no interest in technology, nor selling it or giving it, as it was my "buddy" for the past 3 years (I'm the kind of weirdo that develops sentiments for machines, and yes, I'm seeing a psychiatrist 😄 ).

Its setup is in my sig. Thanks in advance.

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
Use it as gaming rig (for light gaming sessions), if you are in to gaming :)

Or use it as a backup fix-other-PCs-with machine. I do PC repairs occasionally, and a spare desktop PC is quite handy (disk cloning/cleaning/checking etc.).

P.S. Congrats with the new toy! :thumbsup_anim:

johnlocke2342

johnlocke2342

4 8 15 16 23 42

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Thanks. I'm not a gamer, as I own a PS3 that I used only a couple of times as a gaming machine, I'm using it mainly as a Video station (Netflix, Blu-ray, DVD, UPNP). To be more precise, I linked my hack to my 32" TV via HDMI, I just don't know what to do with it. The main reason I abandoned it was discovering a SATA port fell off the mobo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy