How to go about patching DSDT for ASUS P8Z77-V PRO?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Your boot loader is set to drop your OEM SSDT tables which is not necessary and maybe even bad. Among other things they contain some information about your SATA ports. You should turn off that option.

Kosta88

Kosta88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Oh damn. I thought that was something completely different!

Std by...

There we go. New, Drop SSDT removed.
Btw. should I activate Generate C and/or P states?

Attached Files

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
No, you already supply a custom SSDT file for your boot loader. Have you really overclocked your CPU to 4,8GHz? If not I believe you use a wrong state table. Use this script to generate one for your CPU.

According to your new ioreg all drives are marked as internal. Are you sure you still got the wrong icons?

Kosta88

Kosta88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

No, you already supply a custom SSDT file for your boot loader. Have you really overclocked your CPU to 4,8GHz? If not I believe you use a wrong state table. Use this script to generate one for your CPU.

According to your new ioreg all drives are marked as internal. Are you sure you still got the wrong icons?

Hehe, yeah really running 4.8 and the ssdt is created through that script.

Funny what you say about the drives... Can you tell me how do you read that out exactly?

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Take a look at the IORegistryExplorer.

Open device path PCI0-RP04-PXSX. That's your ASMedia SATA controller with 2 ports PRT0 and PRT1. Expand both until you can see the hard drive product name and click it. On the right side you will see a property named IOMediaIcon which will either point to an "Internal.icns" or an "External.icns" icon file.

The Intel SATA ports are at PCI0-SAT0 and range from SPT0 to SPT5.

The first ioreg dump you sent me showed external icons for the ASMedia chipset but the last one shows that internal icons are used.

Attached Files

• Attached File  sata.png   223.09KB   15 downloads

Kosta88

Kosta88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Well, I don't know really any more. I was test-installing today, the thing you helped me with, I was in a fresh install of OSX. However, I might have in the middle of testing installed the AHCI 3rd party drivers from MB, which actually solve the issue, making drives internal. Hot-swapping is killed however, and this is what I was trying to avoid. I am now back in my "old" install, I just used Acronis boot USB to switch back, I do that a lot ;-) Takes all about 20min...

I just checked in my "old" install, the icons are internal when drivers kext is installed, they go external when I remove it. Also when I install the olarila patch into dsdt, one drive gets a normal icon, but the other two are still orange. All in all, very weird.

I might just as well do a full normal install soon, now that I'm almost done with all the tests.

Kosta88

Kosta88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
k3nny, I just wanted to express you my sincere thanks for hanging out with me here yesterday, I'm finally starting to understand some stuff, especially when it comes to editing DSDT and why, I don't AT ALL grasp what is in there, like what all those "signs" are, but I do get it so I can make my next endeavor:
http://rampagedev.wo...rd-into-a-dsdt/

:thumbsup_anim:

And now I really have a vanilla OSX, which is cool, leaving all those "tools" behind. I like it, having control over it, on my own.

Kosta88

Kosta88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
So, I did attempt to modify it, I successfully modified, but it isn't working.
Anyone here tested this? I even have the same gpu as he does in these tests, the gtx 580...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy