Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4 audio

BackSheep

17 posts in this topic

I'm having trouble getting my audio to work on iAtkos L2. I'm running Lion 10.7.2.

When I go to System Preferences -> Sound -> Output, it says "No output devices found". I imagine that's because I haven't installed the driver/kext properly.

First, I found this kext, and installed it with Kext Helper - unfortunately the audio still didn't find any devices.

Then I came across this thread, however it didn't fix the audio for me. I imagine it's something to do with one of the strings being incorrect, but I'm a complete novice when it comes to kexts.

Any chance someone could help explain, and fix, the problem with my audio?

I'm not sure what information is needed of my system, so I attached a system report. If there's any sensitive information in there, could someone kindly let me know.

On a side note. This isn't the correct forum, but I wanted to ask whether I need to update/change my DSDT at all? I read somewhere, that my motherboard had a new DSDT in some online database I could update. If someone doesn't mind, could they shed any light on what it is, and whether I need to update/change it?

Mac Pro.rtf

Send me your AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and i will edit it. Download System info from olarila.com/kexts and tell me your device and vendor id

Hello Rogiervd,

Thanks very much for your quick response.

I've got two audio devices. One of which says HDMI Audio Controller, so I imagine that's for my Nvidia GT520 card I have.

The onboard audio ID's are as follows:

Device ID: 284b

Vendor ID: 8086

And I've attached my kext: AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.zip

Hello Rogiervd,

Thanks very much for your quick response.

I've got two audio devices. One of which says HDMI Audio Controller, so I imagine that's for my Nvidia GT520 card I have.

The onboard audio ID's are as follows:

Device ID: 284b

Vendor ID: 8086

And I've attached my kext: AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.zip

Ari the kext you have is all good. It matches everything i see on other posts. You should try re installing it. I don't know how kext helper works, but i would download kext wizard. If you decide to download that go to the installation tab and drag your kext in there. Make sure it will install into System/Library/Extensions. Then go to the first tab and Repair permissions and Cache. If you are connected trough HDMI cable you maybe want HMDI sound so try that?

• Like 1

I'm having trouble getting my audio to work on iAtkos L2. I'm running Lion 10.7.2.

When I go to System Preferences -> Sound -> Output, it says "No output devices found". I imagine that's because I haven't installed the driver/kext properly.

First, I found this kext, and installed it with Kext Helper - unfortunately the audio still didn't find any devices.

Then I came across this thread, however it didn't fix the audio for me. I imagine it's something to do with one of the strings being incorrect, but I'm a complete novice when it comes to kexts.

Any chance someone could help explain, and fix, the problem with my audio?

I'm not sure what information is needed of my system, so I attached a system report. If there's any sensitive information in there, could someone kindly let me know.

On a side note. This isn't the correct forum, but I wanted to ask whether I need to update/change my DSDT at all? I read somewhere, that my motherboard had a new DSDT in some online database I could update. If someone doesn't mind, could they shed any light on what it is, and whether I need to update/change it?

Hi,audio chip is ALC888?

Hi,audio chip is ALC888?

I'd read somewhere it was ALC883. I've just tried installing the ALC888 kext and it still says there are no audio devices.

Ari the kext you have is all good. It matches everything i see on other posts. You should try re installing it. I don't know how kext helper works, but i would download kext wizard. If you decide to download that go to the installation tab and drag your kext in there. Make sure it will install into System/Library/Extensions. Then go to the first tab and Repair permissions and Cache. If you are connected trough HDMI cable you maybe want HMDI sound so try that?

The HDMI doesn't show up as an audio device, it only shows in the system info.

I'll try reinstalling and see if it works :)

Thanks for your support with this matter guys.

Okay so the Hackintosh died last night. I keep getting -50 errors after a while when I attempt to copy files. Because of this the kext app wouldn't install the kexts. Usually when it does this I restart and it boots up again - I figured it was a power issue when reading my hard-drive, as it also says it doesn't have any free disk space, so I decided I'd get round to fixing it later.

Unfortunately I booted up this morning to attempt to re-install the kexts and this is what it's doing:

post-779389-0-60293700-1365677729_thumb.jpeg

It looks like the Finder hasn't loaded, and neither has the dock. Any chance anyone knows why it's doing this so I can get around it, or should I post it as a separate thread in another category?

Maybe your HDD failed? Really can't think of something that would cause this..

I assumed it was an issue with it reading the harddrive because it's IDE. I'll install again on another harddrive, and will install the kext with the app you suggested. I'll be back with an update soon :)

I'm running the install up now, and just came across the following:

using 64-bit bootcache playlist

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

BUg: launchctl.c:2408 (24957):30: (dbfd = open(g_job_overrides_db_path, O_RDONLY | O_EXLOCK | O_CREAT, S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR)) != -1

SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x06, ASC = 0x29, ASCQ = 0x00

SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x03, ASC = 0x11, ASCQ = 0x05

disk1s3: I/O error,

yukon: Ethernet address 00:16:e6:02:15:9d

Ethernet [AppleYukon2]: Link up on en0, 100-Megabit, Full-duplex, No flow-control, Debug [796d,6d00,0de1,0200,41e1,4000]

nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2

nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2

disk1s3: I/O error,

Do I need to worry about any of that? I've gone through with the installation, but I wondered if that's what caused the error with my harddrive before?

How?You start with Audio problem,and now stop with broken HDD? :thumbsup_anim:

I'm running the install up now, and just came across the following:

Do I need to worry about any of that? I've gone through with the installation, but I wondered if that's what caused the error with my harddrive before?

I saw you didn't have a new topic yet so i thought i would react here. The error is because of a bad DVD/CD. Try reburning it again at slowest speed.

The install has finished. I probably chose AppleHDA for the previous installation, this time I chose Voodoo and the audio devices are already listed. The only problem I have now is I use the green jack, orange jack and black jack for my surround sound. So I figure I'll still need the AppleAzaliaAudio kext?

P.S. I've created the other topic here. As far as I'm aware I burnt at the slowest my drive could burn at - the software I used would use a minimum of 3x. I burned three different DVD's for it.

Edit/Update - I also have some static through my speakers. Slightly odd, but I read elsewhere someone had the same problem, so I'll backup my Voodoo and install AppleAzaliaAudio.

The install has finished. I probably chose AppleHDA for the previous installation, this time I chose Voodoo and the audio devices are already listed. The only problem I have now is I use the green jack, orange jack and black jack for my surround sound. So I figure I'll still need the AppleAzaliaAudio kext?

P.S. I've created the other topic here. As far as I'm aware I burnt at the slowest my drive could burn at - the software I used would use a minimum of 3x. I burned three different DVD's for it.

Edit/Update - I also have some static through my speakers. Slightly odd, but I read elsewhere someone had the same problem, so I'll backup my Voodoo and install AppleAzaliaAudio.

I don't really understand what you mean by static... But with voodoo look here: http://www.insanelym...ommon-problems/ maybe what you mean is listed there. I had some crapling sound too with my voodoo but you can fix that very easy.

• Like 1

I don't really understand what you mean by static... But with voodoo look here: http://www.insanelym...ommon-problems/ maybe what you mean is listed there. I had some crapling sound too with my voodoo but you can fix that very easy.

Ah, fantastic link. Thank you.

I see there's a guide on there to add outputs that don't show in system preferences. The black rear port isn't showing so I'll see if I can follow the guide on that post to get it to show up. Thanks! :)

Ah, fantastic link. Thank you.

I see there's a guide on there to add outputs that don't show in system preferences. The black rear port isn't showing so I'll see if I can follow the guide on that post to get it to show up. Thanks! :)

Succes!