seltsam23

seltsam23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Hi there,

I'm setting up my new system right now.

Wake doesn't work perfectly yet. I'm using an external usb-souncard. It wakes the system directly after going to sleep.
That's usually not a big deal. There is a very nice modification to exclude certain usb-Ports from waking the system. It worked perfectly with my old system (same external soundcard).

My new mainboard is the Gigabyte UD5H. It's quite ok. But since it doesn't require a dsdt.aml (thats what the tonymac #####-tutorial sais) and in fact there is no dsdt.aml where it used to be (extra/), I don't know how to apply my litte usb-fix.

So, what to do now? Can I create an dsdt.aml somehow to apply the fix?
Or can I edit these settings somewhere else?

Btw, the trick was to remove "_PRW" from the related usb-port-entry in the dsdt.aml, looking like this:

Code:
Name (_PRW, Package (0x02) {
0x0D,
0x03
})

Maniac10

Maniac10

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
It's better to create your own DSDT, it may not be a requirement to boot OSX anymore but it certainly helps to have one and do these little edits to have a perfectly stable system. I recommend dumping your tables with AIDA on windows or with the terminal on a linux distro like Ubuntu. You may also try installing Clover on a USB thumb and dumping the tables from its GUI (with F2 I think, read the help to be sure). Then you may add all the patches you need to the DSDT with "DSDT Editor" or MaciASL.

seltsam23

seltsam23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

It's better to create your own DSDT, it may not be a requirement to boot OSX anymore but it certainly helps to have one and do these little edits to have a perfectly stable system. I recommend dumping your tables with AIDA on windows or with the terminal on a linux distro like Ubuntu. You may also try installing Clover on a USB thumb and dumping the tables from its GUI (with F2 I think, read the help to be sure). Then you may add all the patches you need to the DSDT with "DSDT Editor" or MaciASL.

Thank you. What is the standard procedure? "Reading out" the mainboard unter Windows, and create out of these information a fitting dsdt.aml? Haven't done this before, that is why I'm asking. Shouldn't be there a fitting dsdt.aml for the gigabyte ud5h around?

Thx

EDIT: Just downloaded a ud5h-dsdt.aml and tried it. System didn't boot up anymore, so I deleted the dsdt.aml manually via boot-disk-terminal. Any idea, why this dsdt.aml didn't work?

Maniac10

Maniac10

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
I don't really know for your motherboard but for my Z68AP-D3 I installed an UEFI update that changed the DSDT completely, so your problem booting that DSDT may be due to something similar.

For the procedure try googling "create your own DSDT" or something similar and you'll find many step by step guides. I redid my dsdt recently because of the UEFI update using Clover's table dump and MaciASL and it was very easy. Toleda's got a repository (https://raw.github.c...dio_hdmi/master) for MaciASL with many patches and even a 1-click solution for AMI bios. Add the repository in the app's preferences.

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
@seltsam23:
Have a look at this page. It contains a really good introduction to the DSDT topic.
Recent boards like yours won't have many DSDT errors and the ones left can be fixed by yourself with some quick googling.

seltsam23

seltsam23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Great, thank you.
Managed to create a dsdt.aml with DSDTSE, put it on the desktop and then implemented it with Multi-Beest.

But now I'm kinda stuck with the editing. Can't really remember what entry, or what part of entry to delete for disabling wake for an usb-port.

The only entry that comes near to my expectations is:

Device (USB1)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001D0001)
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (GPRW (0x03, 0x03))
}
}

I would delete

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (GPRW (0x03, 0x03))
}

Can you help me out here?

seltsam23

seltsam23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Push.

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
It should be device EHC1 but I can't assist you with the problem itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy