21 replies to this topic

anup756

anup756

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

I saw that many people were asking for solutions on hardware and kernel panics in the main thread. I think this will be a good place to start those topics. I also think that it's better to leave the main thread for tutorials on installations because when everything gets mixed up it becomes very confusing. So, in this thread we can talk about different hardware that supports Pandora and also the solutions to various kernel panics that we encounter while installing through this method.

I know that the moderators should be starting this thread but I thought I should take the initiative. I hope I am doing a good thing. :)

Drag0nflamez

Drag0nflamez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I tried Pandora today from a DVD. (still like 5 dual layers left or something and not quite planning on using them for anything else, but I'd prefer to not waste discs - probably should get a 16GB USB drive sometime soon since they are pretty cheap nowadays) I first ran it without arguments, which caused a kernel panic related to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. Then I tried -x -v which also KP'd on the same kext, after which I tried -v one more time which yet again KP'd on the same kext. Using OS X 10.8.3 and a DSDT (but no SSDT

My specs;
ASRock P67 Pro3 SE (FW2.10 vanilla)
Intel Core i5-3450 (Yes, IB on a SB motherboard)
Sapphire Radeon HD7850 (Kext is supposed to be included with 10.8.3 but can't find it on the disc, but that's not the main problem for now)
8GB RAM (Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9, 2x4GB)
1TB Samsung HDD (all important data is backed up, by the way)
And a Samsung DVD drive (SH-222AB)

I have a working ML installation in VMware in case I need to run Pandora again.

carbo178

carbo178

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 5,841 posts

I tried Pandora today from a DVD. (still like 5 dual layers left or something and not quite planning on using them for anything else, but I'd prefer to not waste discs - probably should get a 16GB USB drive sometime soon since they are pretty cheap nowadays) I first ran it without arguments, which caused a kernel panic related to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. Then I tried -x -v which also KP'd on the same kext, after which I tried -v one more time which yet again KP'd on the same kext. Using OS X 10.8.3 and a DSDT (but no SSDT

My specs;
ASRock P67 Pro3 SE (FW2.10 vanilla)
Intel Core i5-3450 (Yes, IB on a SB motherboard)
Sapphire Radeon HD7850 (Kext is supposed to be included with 10.8.3 but can't find it on the disc, but that's not the main problem for now)
8GB RAM (Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9, 2x4GB)
1TB Samsung HDD (all important data is backed up, by the way)
And a Samsung DVD drive (SH-222AB)

I have a working ML installation in VMware in case I need to run Pandora again.

The problem is the lack of NullCPUPowerManagement, to solve you can use PMPatch for enabling native Power Management in the bios, otherwise install the bootloader on USB stick and creates the Extensions folder in Extra putting NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and starting with-v-f

Drag0nflamez

Drag0nflamez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

The problem is the lack of NullCPUPowerManagement, to solve you can use PMPatch for enabling native Power Management in the bios, otherwise install the bootloader on USB stick and creates the Extensions folder in Extra putting NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and starting with-v-f

I'd rather not mess with my UEFI, especially not with modified ones, so let's just keep that as a last resort measure. (not that power management works that well on this build) So what bootloader should I put on my USB drive? Enoch (used by Pandora) or Chameleon?

carbo178

carbo178

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 5,841 posts
Enoch, once you've installed you put the contents of your extra folder in the extra of the usb, creates the Extensions folder and put into NullCPUPM.
Reboot from USB and flag -v -f
PS. I have a patched bios (PMPatch)

Drag0nflamez

Drag0nflamez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Enoch, once you've installed you put the contents of your extra folder in the extra of the usb, creates the Extensions folder and put into NullCPUPM.
Reboot from USB and flag -v -f
PS. I have a patched bios (PMPatch)

I installed Enoch on the USB drive, but it doesn't give me a GUI (just a simple text-based interface) and it doesn't recognize my Pandora Mountain Lion DVD (I set Rescan to Yes in the chameleon plist file).
Which is kind of strange since Enoch on the ML DVD does give me the GUI and does boot (well, until the dreaded AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement error comes up, of course)

Should I go ahead with patching my UEFI or are there still other things to try?

carbo178

carbo178

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 5,841 posts

You must also copy the folder themes for the GUI, no rescan in plist, simply select dvd in the GUI and boot with -v -f

If doesn't work patch your bios, PMPatch is a tested tool 

Drag0nflamez

Drag0nflamez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

You must also copy the folder themes for the GUI, no rescan in plist, simply select dvd in the GUI and boot with -v -f
If doesn't work patch your bios, PMPatch is a tested tool

I did copy the Themes folder. Gonna try again in 30 minutes, otherwise trying to dump my EFI and patch it. (unless you have a way of extracting ROMs from EXE's)

carbo178

carbo178

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 5,841 posts

Pandora beta2 is out... create Installation via USB stick, you can add kext when you want it

Drag0nflamez

Drag0nflamez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Pandora beta2 is out... create Installation via USB stick, you can add kext when you want it

I can't quite find a link to Pandora beta2, so either I'm blind or there is something going on...

yes, i tried clearing my browser's cache, not that it's relevant

carbo178

carbo178

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 5,841 posts

Wait for a few hours... stay tuned

Drag0nflamez

Drag0nflamez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
So I tried Pandora beta2 on a DVD again today (now with the entire kext collection), and it sort of KP's again (well, it's not exactly reported as a KP but it does act like such). First tried booting with only the default flags (don't know which ones, presumably -v), after which I tried booting with -v -f, and then one more try; -x -v -f; neither of which worked.

If this issue can't be solved without burning another DVD, I'm definitely getting a large USB drive (don't want to burn yet another possibly faulty DVD).

EDIT: totally forgot to paste the screenshot
juSMtNE.jpg

mirecek1965

mirecek1965

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Absolutely cannot boot Pandoras Mavericks DP1 installer created on USB, Always get restart, with all kernels flags i trying. Created ML 10.8.4 boots and install fine. I try configuration from ML, but no luck, always restart. Give me someone advice? Thanks.

My specs:

MSI Z87 GD45-Gamer

i5 4450 3GHz Haswell

16 GiB PatriotX

1 TiB WD Blue

MSI GTX 660 Ti 2 GiB

OnBoard Realtek ALC1150 Codec with SoundBlaster Cinema

shintsuki

shintsuki

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Hi all,

Thanks to all the team involved in the PT tool, great piece of work  :)

Tried to use it on a new PC, no issue during install (that's a first...) but after that, during the boot... screenshot below  :)

Attached File  IMG_1020.JPG   219KB   6 downloads

Config :

MB Asus P8Z77-V PRO

Core i7-3770K

GeForce GTX 680

SSD M4 128

BR Drive Pionner BRD 208D

Thanks !

C.Frio

C.Frio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Pandora Team
  • 1,127 posts

hi..

first try putting  nullcpupowermanagement on S/L/E...

than latter you can try the patch..

c.frio

shintsuki

shintsuki

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Thanks for the fast reply C.Frio. Could you be a bit more specific, because S/L/E doesn't mean anything to me...

C.Frio

C.Frio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Pandora Team
  • 1,127 posts

hi

at /root you have folder named "System"..inside that you have "Library" and inside it another one named "Extentions"( S/L/E)..so copy "nullcpu..." inside it

or apply it with Pandora Post installation...

c.frio

joe.cocs

joe.cocs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

hello,

I just try to use pandora beta2, great tool!
but I get stuck on the message of the photo.

I have a asus G75VW-T1466H - i7 - nvidia gtx 660

I downloaded the file and dmst.aml I put in Pandora and yet I have the same message.
if you have any ideas? !
thank you

Attached Files

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,772 posts

post a photo

joe.cocs

joe.cocs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

sorry !

it's allright

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: System, Pandora, Hardware, Compatibility, Configurations, Suggestions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy