[NEWBIE] How would i go about installing OSX with a 2500k and a p8z68-v-pro

6 posts in this topic

I'm a complete noobie and I'd like to install it on my computer that I've built. I know there are some threads but i'm not sure what steps i'd need to follow for my exact motherboard and cpu combination. Any and all help is appreciated.

sure thing, thought cpu+mobo would be sufficient.

cpu: 2500k

mobo: p8z68 v-pro

ram: 8gb 1600mhz corsair vengeance kit (2x4gb)

samsung 840 120gb

WD caviar black 1tb

msi gt210 graphics card

if you need anything else i can post it, thanks :)

1) If you don't own or cannot use a friend's mac or working hackintosh:

Install Snow Leopard using this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/214301-instalacao-do-snow-leopard-via-usb/

Update to 10.6.8 using the Combo Update from Apple's support site. Buy Mountain Lion from the App Store. Download Pandora from Insanelymac's downloads section, and make your installer. Then boot your computer from the USB installer you created with Pandora. From this point on, it's pretty straightforward: you just let Pandora guide you.

2) If you already have or can use a friend's mac or working hackintosh:

Buy Mountain Lion from the App Store. Download Pandora from Insanelymac's downloads section, and make your installer. Then boot your computer (not the virtual machine!) from the USB stick you created with Pandora. From this point on, it's pretty straightforward: you just let Pandora guide you.

If you have a Mac (i don't think you friend would let you do this on his/hers), it's even simpler: download Carbon Copy Cloner and an up-to-date Chameleon package installer, connect your HDD via USB using a USB case/HDD docking bay and simple copy your entire Mac disk to the HDD connected via USB. Then install Chameleon on the HDD connected via USB (be sure not to install it on your Mac's by mistake or you'll break it), put the HDD in your computer and enjoy,

Best regards!