ati radeon hd 5730 (1002-68c0) solved

al_3imran

86 posts in this topic

OMG hmmmm.

I always get still waiting for root device with IATKOS ML2

My iaTKOS L2 does not create a DSDT File.

Try the following.

If you have a GPT table, partition your USB to MAC OSX Journaled and the GUID option then restore the iATKOS L2 to that USB.

If you have a MBR table, partition your USB to MAC OSX Journaled and the MBR option then restore the iATKOS L2 to that USB.

Next Eject the iATKOS L2.dmg

(DO NOT OPEN YOUR USB IN FINDER)

Open terminal and use the copy commands to spy the fix folder to the USB

[cp -R /Location_of_fix_folder /Volumes/USB_DRIVE_NAME/System/Library/Extensions]

Next using copy commands in terminal copy the kexts to the /S/L/E of the USB

[cp -R /Location_of_fix_folder/*.kext /Volumes/USB_DRIVE_NAME/System/Library/Extensions]

Next you install the chameleon onto this drive and that is it.

Boot using kernel flags:

-v -f busratio=20 darkwake=0 GraphicsEnabler=No UseKernelCache=No

Download iATKOS L2 from here if you have not done so

http://iatkos.me/for...=73&t=18827

Honestly, with all my time of experience and experiments, The "Still waiting for root device" always beats me and i could never find the solution to it

Hi, Jehu.

The only form to start installation, has been using myHack with the retail Mountain Lion installer... With iatkos always crashes.

I go to probe with your new indications... may be this time ;)

Best regards

Arghhhhh.... :hammer:

Thanks for the tip, will try this, about to update lion to 10.7.5

Installing at the moment. Will download ML and leave it overnight

And i took your advice and carbon copied Lion onto another partition.

Yes its here a while now.

By the way, i think i remember why the iATKOS ML2 didn't work.

I have to download a new chameleon for ML, i now remembered that, will try it again, restoring to usb at the moment, will let you know

Still waiting for root device the last tip ...

Also, you can install Mountain Lion over Snow Leopard.

Another thing is boot after, but the system is installed.

HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS!!!!

Updated to 10.7.5 and rebooted to a black screen.

However, when booting in verbose mode i realized a new line which i never saw before and so i researched it.

error line: [AGPM] Unknown platform

So i researched AGPM and found out that it refers to AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

So i booted back into my other partition and replaced all my graphics files into the 10.7.5 and BAM it woorked again.

So just in case please make a backup of those Ati kexts and also AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext and AppleGraphicsController.kext

:king: :wink2:

I updated to 10.7.5 and got the black screen then I replaced the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext from iATKOS L2 when i had first installed and it fixed it back and then i was still able to change graphics with no issues.

First of all i formatted my drive to GPT

Then installed iATKOS L2 and then i ran the software updates.

I then copied out the 10.7.5 combo update and placed in on another HDD for future use and before restarting i removed AppleHDA.kext because i have VoodooHDA.kext installed and reapplied my drivers and [PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN] fix.

Also i reused the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext from iATKOS L2 first install because with the updated one you will get the black screen.

So backup your AGRP.kext, doesnt need all the ATI kext as i previously said, just that one

I mounted my efi partition and place my setting into there so i boot with clover and it boots like a normal Mac.

No menu

Can anyone share some light on how to wake from sleep.

I cant wake my laptop from sleep. Any ideas?

for asus sleep i have no solution i just prevent it to sleep from energie preferences....

i heard that you must have a patched dsdt.aml ,,, install sleepenabler.kext ,,,patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext,,,and remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext but i didn´t test it cause dsdt need a lot of time to be 100% setted,,,,

what this AGRP.kext you talk about i have no AGRP.kext installed in the system,,,please told me more about it and upload if it`s needed,,,

AGRP is short for AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

Back it up from your working copy, the one that has the full graphics

I got my SDCard reader Working

No solution for iCloud [Account Limit Reached] error

And DVDPlayer dont work. Wont even start.

Webcam dont recognize in Image Capture but in everything else, did you check?

OK i fixed the icloud issue, had to randomly generate a serial using Chameleon Wizard and then insert it into my config file.

I also Updated my SMBIOS data so it will read as a MacBook Pro.

If you need help with this let me know.

You have to edit the clover config file.

why chosing macbook pro and not other thing like mac pro or mac mini ?

for webcam i have no succes to get it work ¡¡¡don´t know why....

by the way i detect why chameleon don´t get our ati 5730 work ..it detect it as Evergreen and the framebuffer as baboon but in reality it´s a Manhattan under windows installation :

######

atiilhag.inf:cb0ae414484dce20:ati2mtag_Manhattan:8.97.10.6:pci\ven_1002&dev_68c0

PCIROOT(0)#PCI(0300)#PCI(0000)

#####

and the framebuffer is Null

i hope chameleon team fix this.....

Thanks for the info, i dont know about the different versions so i just chose one.

It would be nice for chameleon to fix this.... soooo many options and it is very easy to tweak.

Anything else you detected as not working or just the camera?

I have 2 things to report. I dont know if its because i updated thunderbird or whatever but her it is.

1) The version of Mac you set in your SMBIOS file will affect your system in some way or the other.

I installed it as MacBook Pro and all went well

I then tried MacBook and it booted successfully but my graphics was hazy and pixelated

I then tried IMac 13 and that didn't even boot

Mac Mini didnt work either.

Then back to MacBook Pro

nothing from this happen to me cause my partition shema is mbr not gpt and i mount a virtual EFI partition...i think it happen to you when you update the interne EFI and the changement was effective cause you have a real EFI partition....for me however i update the EFI when i reboot the APPSTORE tell me that i have an update disponible ´´the EFI of macbook pro´´.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, good news.

I got 10.8 installed.

Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, keyboard, touchpad, usb, camera, market, etc working without dsdt.

What does not work:

Sound: I tried with the kext for snow leopard wearing, but does not work.

Card reader.

USB 3.0

The screen resolution is 1024 with 3MB of memory.

I'm testing ... I need to try booting with Clover.

Now I'm repartitioning, since the installation must GUID. I am running on a USB 2.0 hard drive, and the system is very fast and fluid.

When finished testing, in which I hope to get to run the graph, I step instructions.

see

;)

I have the audio, sd card usb 3.0 working on 10.7.5 probably it would work on 10.8.

I boot without nullcpupowermanagement and i have a dsdt, cant remember if i made it or got it from someone.

However sleep doesnt work and when i shutdown the power light and the fan keeps running.

Hi again.

We'll see. Forget iatkos.

Download 10.8 Hazard from this link:

http://leohazard.com/download.html

Restore the *. Iso with disk utility onto a USB:

1 partition

Guid

Now use ShowHiddenFiles to access the *. Iso mounted and go to the directory System / Installation / Packages

Looking for the latest version of Chameleon and install it on the USB.

Restart the computer and boot with pendrive with parameters:

-v -x

Partition your hard drive with GUID table.

I used the default settings in the installer + 10.8.2 update and runs everything I've said in the forum, but now the wifi does not work until you restart.

I've also tried installing the chameleon from there, but when trying to boot from the hard drive has given me pci configuration begin. You need to boot from the usb, also is not neccesary install chameleon for now.

Do your own tests.

One thing, I tried also to do without any additional installation, just installing the chameleon and not boot directly from the hard disk (pci configuration begin), but if boots first from the USB and then select the hard drive, it works perfectly using -v -x.

It is beyond me, since the flash drive has the same version of chameleon that hard disk ...

I need you to look at the Clover.

I tried to boot from it, but there is no option for Mac OS, only windows, linux and three "legacy" that do nothing ...

We only need:

Clover working and installed onto hard drive ;)

Audio

Card reader

Usb 3

I hope I have helped ...

--

nolesvotes.com

wiki.

Let's see ...

This version does not allow mountain lion install on an MBR disk. (Hazard)

After installing the operating system in GUID, I made a backup with carbon copy cloner to another USB external hard drive, I formatted the laptop's internal in MBR and I restored the copied.

I installed the version of Clover 2 (r-1429) in the mountain lion partition MBR of the laptop with the default options and has started successfully. I noticed a bug, and is not seen clover icons, but the text appears and it can be configured the graphics options without problems.

Download here the last Clover versión:

http://www.osx86.net/guides-tutorials/19291-guide-clover-efi-bootloader.html#post124299

I started with only the graphic option and -v in clover:

Result:

The graphics card works perfectly ...

Wifi, bluetooth, ethernet, USB 2, webcam, card reader works too.

It does not work the keyboard, touchpad and sound (HDMI output only appears) and USB 3.0

I'll try to install the update 10.8.3

kextstat | grep -v com.apple

Index Refs Address Size Wired Name (Version) <Linked Against>

12 0 0xffffff7f80e5d000 0x2000 0x2000 es.osx86.driver.EvOreboot (1.0.3) <4 3>

13 0 0xffffff7f80912000 0x2000 0x2000 org.tgwbd.driver.NullCPUPowerManagement (1.0.0d2) <7 4 3>

31 0 0xffffff7f80e4a000 0x11000 0x11000 org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC (4.3.5) <9 7 5 4 3>

43 0 0xffffff7f80f79000 0x1d000 0x1d000 com.CalDigit.driver.CalDigitUSBxHCI (1.3.8a2) <34 10 7 5 4 3 1>

73 0 0xffffff7f81752000 0xe000 0xe000 com.insanelymac.ALXEthernet (1.0.2) <72 10 5 4 3 1>

88 0 0xffffff7f81fbe000 0x21000 0x21000 org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA (2.8.2) <87 10 7 5 4 3>