• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Kosta88

Kosta88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I'm currently trying to install the fun_plug for my NAS, and came across a weird thing. On this homepage there is a file called "fun_plug".
This file, when downloaded via Safari via save linked file as, downloads, but Safari saves it as TEXT. And it also doesn't work out as an installation file for the funplug
When I download the same file via Firefox, it is saved as is, and I can install the funplug normally.

Any ideas?

ameris cyning

ameris cyning

Justice for Tamir Rice | Black lives matter

• Donators
  • 1,002 posts
  • Interests:OSx86, Deutschland, electronic music, Clover EFI

I'm currently trying to install the fun_plug for my NAS, and came across a weird thing. On this homepage there is a file called "fun_plug".
This file, when downloaded via Safari via save linked file as, downloads, but Safari saves it as TEXT. And it also doesn't work out as an installation file for the funplug
When I download the same file via Firefox, it is saved as is, and I can install the funplug normally.

Any ideas?

Permissions problem most likely. When you download the file, file permissions tend to be ignored. Open up terminal and type sudo chmod 777 on that file

Kosta88

Kosta88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Does this happen with Safari only? Because it doesn't with Firefox!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy