High Cpu Temperatures

68 posts in this topic

@maknb Sadly no option for speedstep in bios (btw i think that if it's disabled by the bios will be obviously not usable)

@iFire Sorry but i didn't understood, i've an ssdt in extra (created with chameleon wizard) it's a mbp 8,1 and that tool you gave me gives an error as shown in the older post...

(while waiting i've tried changing the bootloader to clover chimera and chameleon, but nothing changed same grey stop and same high temps (87° now) :/

no man, chameleon wizard don`t extract all your tables SSDT, use what I post is of your machine, forget the other app and the result of it, not is for you model of processor, you can post a new Darwin Dumper ?

maybe you did an error cause all i can see is the app in both posts...

i've attached the report...

P.s. it seems that speedstep is now working correctly (multiplier & frequency changes constantly), but the sleep button is still gray and temperatures still high... X(

DarwinDumper_2.4.9_Chameleon_2.1_ML_Asus.zip

you are obsessed with this button :D:P

Edit: I see what your system don´t load this kext or you have deleted it: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext , your problem can be it

and I not understand why do you have Natit kext installed if your NVDA Card not work, your integrate graphics appears ok, but not display the name if is HD 3000 or no

ahahah XD you are right! I HATE BUTTONS ahhahah XD

i think i'm the only one in the universe that tries to fix a thing and makes it disappear!

and before "fixing", it "worked"... yes obviously without waking the backlit of the screen and without speedstep...

is it possible that i'm so unlucky?

GASP

P.s.

help me or i will start a nuclear war against the u.s.a. XD :soldiers:

I'm back from the pain! the natit kext is needed to reach the ui or i just get stuck at the apple screen... (tried to remove it) i've an Intel 5700MHD not the 3000HD....

I've installed

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext, no differences

:( i can't belive no one ever seen this damn grayed sleep! :(

I've noticed that now, with speedstep active temperatures are GOOD :) so the main goal is achieved! Thanks to everyone!!

Should i "Hopen" XD a new topic for my disappeared stop?

or should i just "wait" for help here?

It's a old post so don't know if it works but worth a try for your sleep button from http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=884335

Found something on the Apple forum regarding a specific sleep issue: "If that doesn't work or you've never faxed on your Mac, go to Finder/Hard Drive /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and delete the com.apple.PowerManagement.plist and com..apple.AutoWake.plist files (if your Mac asks, type your admin. password).

If the latter file isn't present in the folder, go to user name(probably your name)/Library/Preferences, delete the com.apple.systemuiserver.plist file, and reboot your Mac."

• Like 1

yes man! you were right, now the button is back!!!

(only one file removed: com.apple.powermanagement.plist)

btw now my system don't enter sleep mode just a black screen, i suppose that if i had "vanilla" AICPM i didn't need sleep enabler, but since it doesn't sleep... i've tried with a couple of versions of it but no luck, it makes my aicpm Panic during boot, trying to test another version...

P.s.

I'm writing a guide for my lappy n53jl thanks to you guys!! maybe someone like me can easily install OSx86 on this asus, i'm just missing sleep and bluetooth, but since it have a combo atheros card i thinks that is not so easy to make it work, so after enabling sleep all the pain "fun for us" is gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...I have been looking for solution for my HP dv6 1253cl heat problem and found this topic....unfortunately I hardly understand the terms used cause i've just started building hackintosh...My CPU temp is generally high (above 75)...I tried to extract DSDT and when I tried to compile there were lots of errors and warnings which I am totally unaware of...I would really want DR HURT to help me out in this...cause I cannot patch my DSDT....please let me know if any of you guys could help me out....

please.....

my dsdt dsl is attached....

my full system info is

HP pavillion DV6 1253cl

Intel Core2Duo p7550 @ 2.26GHz

ATI mobility radeon 4650

4gb ram

thanks in advance...

atish

dsdt.zip

you shouldn't need a dsdt, take a look in these two folder: extra/extensions (in the root of the hard drive) and system/library/extensions, backup and delete a file called nullcpu(something).kext, then try to boot again, if the system hang during boot, try again with -v flag and post a picture ;)

btw temperatures good but is NOT SUPERCOOL i'm getting around 58° idle 65° surfing the web and 87° during geek benches (it scores 5200)...

just to let you understand,

every processor have the ability to adjust the clock speed so it doesn't stress the cpu, that's called speedstep.

Real macintosh computers have specific configuration and they work via appleintelcpupowermanagment.kext or aicpm

this kext is most times incompatible or it needs patching to work with regulars pcs

so someone managed to make a kext that disables almost every speedstep ability allowing users to use only 2 frequencies the lower and the higher, that at least makes systems boot, and it called Nullcpupowermanagment or null cpu

So it's usually present in any hackintosh but it's obviously better to use the native kext if possible.

:wink2:

Atiish

I've cleaned you dsdt up 0 errors couple of warnings just m$ junk. You will have to patch it yourself as i don't know whats in your computer have a look with ioreg and patch with dsdtse or dsdt editor. Patch lpcb to keep temp down and also look at patching _Hot.

dsdt.zip