• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

jimmymcmahon

jimmymcmahon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thanks a lot Tikifg, for your patience and support. I had a breakthrough after all these days and able to install OSX.  The issue thats blocking me all these days is VTd/Virtualization IO setting in BIOS. I turned off that in BIOS and I am able to boot into OSX without -x (safeboot). 

I have 1 last question,  whats the best way to install the kexts you posted, is it Kext wizard? Should I install them to Extra forlder of System/Library/Extensions folder? 

Thanks again.

hi mate, 

Do you have an elitebook 8570p also ?  which guide did you follow to do the install mate?    Do i need to purchase the original mountain lion image (or will an image from another source do ? ) 

macee99886

macee99886

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hi,

I did not follow a specific guide because the folks in this forum helped me by pointing to some source and I did the reading. For #####, that website has a tutorial on how to use it. regarding mountain lion,  I purchased the image. 

jimmymcmahon

jimmymcmahon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Will not work for me, because it doesn't enable duallink

Hi Tikifg or macee

did you ever get wifi working at all??

Hi,

I did not follow a specific guide because the folks in this forum helped me by pointing to some source and I did the reading. For #####, that website has a tutorial on how to use it. regarding mountain lion,  I purchased the image. 

Thanks for the response mate.  Are you running 10.8.4?

jimmymcmahon

jimmymcmahon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi guys, 

I used un1b3ast  to boot/install from USB...on my Elitebook 2570p  (same internal hardware as 8570p - HD4000 graphics)

I had to use the GraphicsEnabler=No -f switch to get to the installer screen (as otherwise the screen just goes black)

I went through the install process... the machine rebooted...with the USB stick still installed ..I was then presented with an option to select my USB stick or the new Mountain Lion install ... I selected the Mountain Lion install (with no flags) and got a black screen again......  Rebooted, tried the mountain lion install with the safe mode flag and was able to get to the desktop of the Mac....(albeit in safe mode)...

Did you guys experience similar issues ?  I assume I need to install something once I am on the desktop (via multi1b3ast or similar) to enable booting without having to enter flags each time?  

Can anyone please advise accordingly as I am pretty stuck at the moment.  If I have to enter commands each time I restart I guess ill have to switch back to winbl0wz :)  Any help would be much appreciated. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy