Can't get Intel HD4000 to work

Tikifg

45 posts in this topic

Did you try efi string injection? Should work no matter what card is installed. You should only change displayId

Yes I tried all EFI strings but looks like my model does not have a way to turn on HD4000 in BIOS and only AMD chipset is available.

Just to keep you guys posted: have working sound, touchpad, battery and ethernet. Anyone with HP Elitebook can ask for them

Added working USB 3 ports, but can't use Touchpad PrefPane. It says no touchpad found, but I can use it. Anyone any solutions?

• 1 month later...

TIKIFG,

Can you please let me know what KEXTS to use for sound, battery and touchpad.

Hi,

I have the same HP Elitebook 8570p laptop. I am new to this process, and I am not knowledgable as you folks. I am able to boot it, but my screen resolution is fixed to 1024x768. I have HD4000 graphics on it. I am using GraphicsEnabler=No, because only that setting is working. I tried using the device ids in chimera plist, but no use, screen just turn into blank. PLease help me with this.

TIKIFG,

Can you please let me know what KEXTS to use for sound, battery and touchpad.

Hi,

I have the same HP Elitebook 8570p laptop. I am new to this process, and I am not knowledgable as you folks. I am able to boot it, but my screen resolution is fixed to 1024x768. I have HD4000 graphics on it. I am using GraphicsEnabler=No, because only that setting is working. I tried using the device ids in chimera plist, but no use, screen just turn into blank. PLease help me with this.

Here are the texts I used. Did you use my tutorial above to enable HD4000?

Kexts Elitebook 8570p.zip

Hi,

Can you please let me know what method to install 10.8.3 on 8570p and how to enable Graphics without safe mode. I used ##### but hasnt worked well for me. I dont know how to boot with Chameleon or other boot loader that worked for you. Sorry for asking the basic info, sorry, I am not an expert like you folks.

thanks

Thanks alot TIKIFG & IFIRE. I appreciate all your help. I will try my luck with both your instructions. Just in case if you have any pointers/instructions specific to 8570p, please let me know. Why I am asking this is to include right DSTDs and the machine config. Since you guys already walked the path that would help me alot. I read through IFIRE's chameleon instructions and TIKIFG's instructions for 8570p. But just in case if you can point me to all the config and DSDTs specific to 8570p, that will help me. I badly want to get out of ##### and get onto Chameleon , to try your display fix.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tikifg,

I tried to install using the latest Chameleon following the instructions you folks provided, but I am not able to boo with USB drive. I tried different SMBIOS profiles and boot flags. But I am getting the kernel panic as in the attached screenshot. 

Since you were able to do it on Elitebook 8570p, can you please send me the step by step instructions to create USB boot drive and installation of OSX. Or else please attach your Extra(plist, smios, dsdt.aml, kexts etc.) and root folder files needed by Chameleon,  I will create my chameleon using those files

Pardon my ignorance about this error,  I am not knowledgeable like you. Please help me with step by step instructions or the Chameleon/Extra files. 

thanks.

post-754027-0-49417500-1371235178_thumb.jpg

I Used ########## to create an UBS-stick. See the boot options I mentionned earlier. THis should work. If it doesn't, i'll send you my files

Hi mate, 

I have just acquired a new HP elitebook 2570p which has exactly the same components as yours I believe and is basically the same laptop but smaller screen. 

HD 4000 integrated graphics..

i7 3520m

8gig ram DDR3 

SRS sound

I have a 180GB SSD in mine however, but I dont think that should make much difference with regards to the install process ?

Which tutorial did you follow mate?  Do you have a link at all?  I am quite tech savvy and can follow instructions without a problem ;)

Many thanks in advance

Jimmy

Thanks a lot Tikifg, for your patience and support. I had a breakthrough after all these days and able to install OSX.  The issue thats blocking me all these days is VTd/Virtualization IO setting in BIOS. I turned off that in BIOS and I am able to boot into OSX without -x (safeboot). 

I have 1 last question,  whats the best way to install the kexts you posted, is it Kext wizard? Should I install them to Extra forlder of System/Library/Extensions folder? 

Thanks again.

Thanks a lot Tikifg, for your patience and support. I had a breakthrough after all these days and able to install OSX.  The issue thats blocking me all these days is VTd/Virtualization IO setting in BIOS. I turned off that in BIOS and I am able to boot into OSX without -x (safeboot). 

I have 1 last question,  whats the best way to install the kexts you posted, is it Kext wizard? Should I install them to Extra forlder of System/Library/Extensions folder? 

Thanks again.

hi mate, 

Do you have an elitebook 8570p also ?  which guide did you follow to do the install mate?    Do i need to purchase the original mountain lion image (or will an image from another source do ? ) 

Hi,

I did not follow a specific guide because the folks in this forum helped me by pointing to some source and I did the reading. For [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], that website has a tutorial on how to use it. regarding mountain lion,  I purchased the image. 

Will not work for me, because it doesn't enable duallink

Hi Tikifg or macee

did you ever get wifi working at all??

Hi,

I did not follow a specific guide because the folks in this forum helped me by pointing to some source and I did the reading. For #####, that website has a tutorial on how to use it. regarding mountain lion,  I purchased the image. 

Thanks for the response mate.  Are you running 10.8.4?

Hi guys, 

I used un1b3ast  to boot/install from USB...on my Elitebook 2570p  (same internal hardware as 8570p - HD4000 graphics)

I had to use the GraphicsEnabler=No -f switch to get to the installer screen (as otherwise the screen just goes black)

I went through the install process... the machine rebooted...with the USB stick still installed ..I was then presented with an option to select my USB stick or the new Mountain Lion install ... I selected the Mountain Lion install (with no flags) and got a black screen again......  Rebooted, tried the mountain lion install with the safe mode flag and was able to get to the desktop of the Mac....(albeit in safe mode)...

Did you guys experience similar issues ?  I assume I need to install something once I am on the desktop (via multi1b3ast or similar) to enable booting without having to enter flags each time?  

Can anyone please advise accordingly as I am pretty stuck at the moment.  If I have to enter commands each time I restart I guess ill have to switch back to winbl0wz :)  Any help would be much appreciated. 

• 2 years later...

Hello, thank you for the discussion about HD4000 and black screen.

I have installed MountainLion 10.8 on a Lifebook E752, first with Myhack/Chamelon and then with Clover.

I had no success in getting HD4000 to work for days,  until finally I edited the Clover config.plist  as mentioned here: http://olarila.com/f....php?f=3&t=1583

(I mean the DualLink part as here below:

<key>Graphics</key>
   <dict>
      <key>DualLink</key>
      <integer>0</integer>
      <key>ig-platform-id</key>
      <string>0x01660003</string>
   </dict>)

So black screen after boot on a HD4000 based laptop often seems to depend by Graphic kext injection, and the solution seems to be using ig-platform number in DualLink section of config.plist (with Clover, with Chameleon I will try later).

Thank you again and good hack!