Newbie yet determined to learn/Dell Inspiron E1505

Whiteninja69

29 posts in this topic

I am New to mac and this level of hacking I have been able to softmod and xbox Nintendio wiI. I have also done various other types of modifications so I am not 100% newbie but I have much to learn but I am determined to learn I have attempted to install Snow

Leopard S3 v2 on my system and I never get past the Screen with the chameleon and I also tried to install it with I-booot to no avail.

PS: I Divided my hard drive with Gparted SO there is a 150G/150g one set aside for my new Highly wanted mac

PLEASE HELP!!!

post-1149369-0-37869000-1365064203_thumb.jpg

hello

are u using boot flags ?

GraphicsEnabler=No

i think only have in snow leopard support for that graphics... i think...

but in snow must boot in 32 bit mode

arch=i386

if gonna try use

snow leopard 10.6.3 retail + nawcom mod cd

boot flag

arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=No

that is old hardware...

good hack

Downloaded and burned the now-com mod CD tried to install it and it didn't do much I have a picture of where it stopped however I didn't try to use The retail version I used Aktlos S3 V2 I typed boot flag: arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=No

I just got a 16 Gb romoveble thumb drive I also am downloading the retail version of Snow Leopard retail how about an install from the flash drive??

I have the Naw.com mod.cd ........Can I load Snow Leopard to my computer with the USB.. Can I burn the Snow Leopard DMG file to the usb and boot the install that way ((((If I can't install the Snow Leopard to my PC with a USB))))>>>>> Can I Burn it to a Dual layer DVD and if so Must I burn the file in a mac computer or is there a way to burn the Install CD with PC computer.. also How do I upload the photo here do i have to start a new post?

I used I-booot because nawcom didnt work I got all the white text on my screen turned white with an apple then the screen went black Then 30 mins later the install screen popped up I partioned my drive set it to GUID table started the install then half way through it I got this!! I want to get this working I have spent 4 days trying to make this work I need HELP PLEASSSSSE

post-1149369-0-32366700-1365241129_thumb.jpg

Im back up with windows xp black I still have half of my hard drive waiting for the Snow Leopard 5 solid days of reading and trying I must say i am enjoying this learning expericence :)

I Finally Succeeded but with the Aktlos S3 v2 not the retail..I have 10.6.3 here everything works great I even have dual boot. Should I upgrade to 10.6.8 if so Why would I want to upgrade what are the benefits??

post-1149369-0-94361500-1365568396_thumb.jpg

hello

only to have last update to snow leopard...

mu advice to u now.. if u have all working .. enjoy it .. discover the os, learn about it.. and then think in the update

if gonna do it read this

http://olarila.com/f...c.php?f=4&t=162

use google translator - portuguese u language.. u can grab the url and translate all

rsrsrsrs

good hack

• Like 1

I am going to take your advice I want to learn about Mac this is my first Mac Os! I will wait to do the update.. What reason would I want to do the update what upgrades come with the update?? is it even worth updating???

I used iaktos S3 s2 torrent and burn it to a dvd at a low speed and I installed it I had to pick very specific options for the drivers and hard ware to get it working properly I also had to delete many kext files in the terminal to not get a black screen will turning it on!

But please why would i want to install updates?? please let me know

Hery is a screen shot of my Dell Inspiron E1505

hello

only thing u gonna have with update to 10.6.8 is app store.. but u can lost all the system with update...

when u go to another version.. all system kext are replaced by new ones.. if u delete ... they back...

good hack