• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Whiteninja69

Whiteninja69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Dell Inspiron E1505...Want to put Snow Leopard on it and learn about Mac and computers in genera...
I am New to mac and this level of hacking I have been able to softmod and xbox Nintendio wiI. I have also done various other types of modifications so I am not 100% newbie but I have much to learn but I am determined to learn I have attempted to install Snow
Leopard S3 v2 on my system and I never get past the Screen with the chameleon and I also tried to install it with I-booot to no avail.

PS: I Divided my hard drive with Gparted SO there is a 150G/150g one set aside for my new Highly wanted mac

PLEASE HELP!!!

Attached Files

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,751 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello

are u using boot flags ?

GraphicsEnabler=No

i think only have in snow leopard support for that graphics... i think...

but in snow must boot in 32 bit mode

arch=i386

if gonna try use

snow leopard 10.6.3 retail + nawcom mod cd

boot flag

arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=No

that is old hardware...

good hack

SS01

SS01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
iATKOS L2 has GMA950 drivers (QE/CI)

Whiteninja69

Whiteninja69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Dell Inspiron E1505...Want to put Snow Leopard on it and learn about Mac and computers in genera...
Artur yes I kept trying to put -v or busratio=20....should I enter arch=i386 orGraphicsEnabler=No or both????

Whiteninja69

Whiteninja69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Downloaded and burned the now-com mod CD tried to install it and it didn't do much I have a picture of where it stopped however I didn't try to use The retail version I used Aktlos S3 V2 I typed boot flag: arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=No

Whiteninja69

Whiteninja69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I just got a 16 Gb romoveble thumb drive I also am downloading the retail version of Snow Leopard retail how about an install from the flash drive??

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,751 posts
hello

must use both..

-v arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=No

if u gonna use a usb drive look here

http://www.osx86.net...-nawcom_cd.html

and must post a picture where it stops..

good hack

Whiteninja69

Whiteninja69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I have the Naw.com mod.cd ........Can I load Snow Leopard to my computer with the USB.. Can I burn the Snow Leopard DMG file to the usb and boot the install that way ((((If I can't install the Snow Leopard to my PC with a USB))))>>>>> Can I Burn it to a Dual layer DVD and if so Must I burn the file in a mac computer or is there a way to burn the Install CD with PC computer.. also How do I upload the photo here do i have to start a new post?

Whiteninja69

Whiteninja69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Here is the screen I get after I boot the now.com.mod Cd then put the Akltos S3 V3 DVD It gets this far then halts to a stop

Attached Files

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,751 posts
hello

u try to boot a distro ? a distro is booatable...

burn snow leopard image to a dvd, must be DL, and use a dvd burner to do it.. burn with lowest speed u can..

good hack

Whiteninja69

Whiteninja69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Can I burn the distro with a PC I have power ISO it has the option to Burn a DMG file however will it work??? or must a MAC be used?

Zero Shadow

Zero Shadow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
download the program transmac it will allow you to burn .dmg files on PC.

Whiteninja69

Whiteninja69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Im trying it with power ISO because Transmac would not load the image

Whiteninja69

Whiteninja69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I got half way through the install and it paniced sucks because I wipped out my xp :( I'm screwed

Whiteninja69

Whiteninja69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I used I-booot because nawcom didnt work I got all the white text on my screen turned white with an apple then the screen went black Then 30 mins later the install screen popped up I partioned my drive set it to GUID table started the install then half way through it I got this!! I want to get this working I have spent 4 days trying to make this work I need HELP PLEASSSSSE

Attached Files

Whiteninja69

Whiteninja69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I just tried this install again and got the same panic in the middle of the installation

Whiteninja69

Whiteninja69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Any body know where i can look up these panic codes?

Whiteninja69

Whiteninja69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Im back up with windows xp black I still have half of my hard drive waiting for the Snow Leopard 5 solid days of reading and trying I must say i am enjoying this learning expericence :)

Zero Shadow

Zero Shadow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
When you boot with nothing but the Distro CD did you get the same panic errors?

Whiteninja69

Whiteninja69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I Finally Succeeded but with the Aktlos S3 v2 not the retail..I have 10.6.3 here everything works great I even have dual boot. Should I upgrade to 10.6.8 if so Why would I want to upgrade what are the benefits??

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy