5 replies to this topic

cannon_dt

cannon_dt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Hi,
My name is Ananth and I am from India, I sincerely hope you can help me.

I have the above mentioned M4A785TD-V EVO. I run ubuntu, so I got the dsdt easily and I fixed all the errors. Now I am left with 5 warnings and 82 optimizations.

1. How can I get a patch for this mobo - all I did was fix compile errors using some guides on the internet but I dont think that is enough right?
2. The sizes are very different - the original dsdt is around 50 kb while the fixed one is close to 500 kb (attaching both in a zip file)
3. Can the warnings and optimizations be ignored? Also how does one go about fixing the optimizations

Please help me out.

Peace

Attached Files

• Attached File  dsdt.zip   68.11KB   4 downloads

cannon_dt

cannon_dt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Ok, I got the answer to qn 2. I was comparing the wrong file sizes - I was comparing the aml to the saved dsl file. Now I can save the aml file available under the iASL menu item.

Now I am really confused, this is what I do:
1. In the DSDT editor I open my DSDT aml file
2. I hit F5 and it presents me with 201 errors
3. I do a Fix Errors and I end up with 19 errors
4. Repeat step 3 to end up with 0 errors
5. Now under iASL, I do a Save AML as and I specify DSDT-Fixed
6. Now when I open this new aml file to fix the warnings, it says Brackets dont match, tree not updated

Where am I going wrong? Please help

Peace

EDIT:
Apologies for the string of posts. I fixed the above problem - I guess each time I make a change I need to do a update tree and then save the AML.
Now I end up with a good AML file that has 0 warning and 82 optimizations (attaching that dsdt here)

So now to summarize I am back with just my 2 original questions:
1. How can I get a patch for this mobo - all I did was fix compile errors using some guides on the internet but I dont think that is enough right?
2. Can the optimizations be ignored? Also how does one go about fixing the optimizations

Once again sorry for the multiple posts :(

Peace

Attached Files

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,550 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello

u are using a amd cpu right ?

have u already install mac os x ?

here is the proper place to post about it, they are experts in that subject.. take a look

http://www.insanelym...md-development/

good hack

cannon_dt

cannon_dt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Thank you artur-pt but I thought that the dsdt patch is independent of AMD.

I do use a amd cpu and I have been trying to install 10.8.2 on my virtualbox in ubuntu 12.04. I was thinking that I should be able to patch my dsdt and then use that in the iatkos ML2 install?

Am I mistaken?

peace

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,550 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello

to install mac os x u don't need dsdt...

dsdt it help after installation... but is not GOD.. if u hardware is not compatible...

mac os x is for mac and developed exclusively for mac

so any other hardware not compatible is very hard it work...

mac os x is not generic like windows .. to install windows in a toaster only need it have a dvd drive.. rsrsrsrsr

good hack

cannon_dt

cannon_dt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Well, I managed to get snow leopard installed on my virtual box. So I thought that if that works 10.8.2 should also be ok.
Plus given the fact that I am using virtualbox, hardware compatibility issues should be minimal.
Plus all I want for is the OS to get up and running but it has now been 3 days without any luck whatsoever :(

Peace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy