I couldn't find any Asus X54C laptop guides on the internet so i fought i would make one. Please don't judge me by my bad English it isn't my first language and i'm not even 16. I'm just trying to help. I have my Dual Boot working good.
USB 3.0 and 2.0
Touchpad and Keyboard
Volume up, volume down and mute.
Resolution (1366x768, don't know about other resolutions didn't tested it)
SD Card Reader
Restart and shutdown
QE/CI (It's the HD2000 and i could make the resolution good with HD3000 kext but i am still trying making QE/CI working.
Wi-Fi (Buyed another wireless USB)
Setting up the ML USB:
You can do this from windows with a virtual machine to set this up.
You can set your USB up youre own way but i know that this one worked when i tried it so i will give that instructions.
1. Download Mountain Lion from App Storet
2. Right click in the app and click "Show Package Contents"
3. First Mount InstallESD.dmg then paste this in Terminal: open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg
4. Go to Disk Utility and format USB Journaled, GUID Partition Table.
5. Restore BaseSystem.dmg to the Flash Drive
6. Locate which BaseSystem.dmg is your'e flash drive and unmount the other one, then go to System/Installation and delete the Packages file and then create a folder named Packages. Then copy this in terminal: open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages Copy all the files from that opened page to the Packages folder you created and install chameleon to it.
7. Open you're USB and go to System/Library/Extensions and delete all Graphics kext in that folder.
8. Download the file from the link i will paste in the bottom of this post.
9. Open the downloaded folder and open Installer USB and copy all the kexts to the USB System/Library/Extensions.
9b. Copy the downloaded Folder onto the root of the created USB.
10. Reboot and hit esc when the Asus Text comes up and boot into the ML USB.
11. Add these flags: -f GraphicsEnabler=No -v (Maybe you need to add: -x)
12. Go to Disk Utility and Format you're hard drive to Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
12b. If you want to dual boot with windows do this:
1. Create 2 partitions; 1 Mac OS X Extended Journaled and one MS-DOS FAT in GUID Partition Table. Windows 7 64 bit will install on GUID Partition Table but i readed that 32 bit versions won't install in this.
2. Quit OS X installer and boot from windows install cd/usb.
3. Choose Custom and locate your Fat partition.
4. Click Format and install windows on that partition.
5. Boot back in ML USB again.
13. Install ML to the Journaled partition.
14. When finished let it reboot or click reboot and then boot back into your created flash drive again.
15. Boot into the flash drive again with these boot flags: -f GraphicsEnabler=No -v (Again maybe need to add -x)
16. Now open Terminal and type this (After each line hit enter):
cp -R /Volumes/BaseSystem/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /"Your ML Drive Name"/System/Library/Extensions/
cp -R /Volumes/BaseSystem/System/Library/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext /"Your ML Drive Name"/System/Library/Extensions/
Now Close Terminal and reboot from usb drive once again
17. Select you're ML Partition and add the boot flags: -x -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No
18. When you're in ML do these things (Maybe need to use USB Mouse):
-Open you're hard drive and go to System/Library/Extensions and delete all Graphics kext.
-Download Chimera or Chameleon you can download Chimera from tonymacx86 and chameleon you can just google it and you will find it and install it.
-Copy the downloaded folder to you're desktop.
- Install the kexts from: VoodooPS2 with Kext Wizard and rebuild System Cache
- Install the PKG from the USB 3.0 Folder
Then Reboot the laptop and you should be able to boot into Chimera/Chameleon.
If you did the dual boot with windows you maybe need to do these extra steps if chameleon shows a couple of lines and then boot windows without asking.
1. Boot into windows 7 cd/usb.
2. Select language and then "Repair your computer" in the bottom left corner.
3. Then in the box it will select windows 7 (Or maybe not) just unselect it and click next.
4. Then open Command Prompt and type these lines followed by Enter:
select disk 0 (You're Hard Drive)
list partition (You probably see 3 partitions)
select partition (Followed by the number of where System Reserved is, if you don't see names then the partition is around 200mb)
Close terminal and reboot.
If you get boot0 error go to this site: http://www.macbreake...oot0-error.html or search on tonymac forums.
Now you should be in ML, we need to install some extra things to make the system work and install 10.8.3
1. Download the 10.8.3 combo update from this site: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1640 and install it and reboot and add these flags again: -x GraphicsEnabler=No -f -v
2. When in Mountain Lion again go into you're hard drive and delete all the graphics kext again.
3. Open the downloaded folder and open Kext wizard.
4. Go to the installation tab and make sure it will be installed to System/Library/Extensions by checking the box and it will install to the good HDD.
5. Drag all the kexts from VoodooPS2, Graphics and Battery Indicator in the box and click install.
6. Open the sound folder and install the pkg.
7. Open Chameleon Wizard and go to the smbios tab, click edit en choose MacBook Pro 8,1 or 8,2.
8. Open Chameleon Wizard.
8b If there isn't made a org.chameleon.boot.plist all boxes will be empty and if there is made uncheck all boxes and to these:
-Igonere Boot Cache (-f)
-Legacy Logo (Not necessary)
-Kernel (In the box: mach_kernel)
-Use Kernel Cache
-Ethernet Built In (For App Store)
-SMBios.plist (Click the plus and go to Extra/SMBios.plist
-Usb Bus Fix
-Graphics Mode (1366x768x32)
If you want to make volume up down and mute work:
Open spark.dmg copy it to Applications and open spark.
1. On the left double click System.
2. The by actions choose Volume Up and by shortcut do what you like and display notification icon. (The FN key doesn't work so i chose the windows flag, the alt key acts as the command key) Now repeat that for Volume down and mute and if you want you can do Sleep and play around with the program.
3. On the bottom click Start Spark deamon.
I didn't made a dsdt because i don't have much experience with it. Maybe i make one later but now i really can't be bothered. Maybe someone else can help me with that? And about Wi-Fi the built in card i could't get to work. So i buyed for 17 euros a mini Wi-Fi USB in Holland on Amazon UK it is 8 pound i think it is,http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B003MTTJOY if you wan't it i will put the Wi-Fi utility in the folder. It isn't the fastest but it is cheap and small. I hope it helped and if i didn't announced the people who made the kexts good (Will put a text file with the original download link in the folders) please notify me and i will change it.
Note; in my last post i used tools from tonymac and i think i worked them all out. Just tell me and i will change it!
Asus X54C Mountain Lion Install GuideML Asus K54c
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users