Keyboard, Touchpad dead and Black Screen after Sleep

3 posts in this topic

I have had this problem for the longest and I don't know how to fix this. I managed to get my computer to go to sleep with some DSDT patches but after it wakes up, the keyboard is dead, the touchpad is dead, and the screen never turns on again.

I have to press the power button to wake it up. I know that the computer wakes up because the HDD LED flashes but then the fan starts spinning loud but the HDD light doesn't flash anymore. Have to do a hard reset.

Any ideas?

Specs:

Gateway NV5932u

Intel Core i5 430m

Intel HD Graphics (Fully working)

I have had this problem for the longest and I don't know how to fix this. I managed to get my computer to go to sleep with some DSDT patches but after it wakes up, the keyboard is dead, the touchpad is dead, and the screen never turns on again.

I have to press the power button to wake it up. I know that the computer wakes up because the HDD LED flashes but then the fan starts spinning loud but the HDD light doesn't flash anymore. Have to do a hard reset.

Any ideas?

Specs:

Gateway NV5932u

Intel Core i5 430m

Intel HD Graphics (Fully working)

This is not an idea. I know your problem is hard to resolve.

I have had the same problem too. Finaly I bought a wired keyboard Apple.

It wakes up fine. But now, with this keyboard, I can not acces to BIOS.

Pfff...

This is not an idea. I know your problem is hard to resolve

I have had the same problem too. Finaly I bought a wired keyboard Apple.

It wakes up fine. But now, with this keyboard, I can not acces to BIOS.

Pfff...

I don't think it would work on mine because the usb ports don't work after wakeup. I believe something is wrong in the DSDT that causes this but I don't know where to look. By patching DSDT sleep works.