Issues with a Z77 Extreme4 OS X installation

p.g.p

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I'm writing here to find a solution to the issues I'm encountering on my computer after installing OS X 10.8.3.

My system is the following: i7 3770K, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, 2x4GB 2GHz RAM. I'm using the integrated HD4000 graphics.

Everything seemed working after installing some kext (audio and OC'd processor with "an unified tool", video and LAN separately), but:

- There's no way to make my computer sleep: the screen turns off, the power led begins flashing, but the fans keep going, and the motherboard display shows a (error?) code. Then I can't wake the pc but pressing the reset button.

- Even if I installed the proper kext, all the USB 3 ports can't read any mass storage device I connect: if I plug in a mouse, or another similar device, it works flawlessly, but any USB thumb drive or external HDD aren't recognised.

- After some minutes of normal usage, my computer loses the internet connection. A reboot is the only solution: after that, the issue disappears, but if I switch off the computer and, for example, I don't turn it on till the following day, it disconnects again.

The third one is the most bothersome issue, because it often happens when I need a stable connection, so I'd be satisfied with a solution to just that one.

Thank you for you help :wink2:

• 2 weeks later...

guide asrock pro3 rev 1.90 patched

oc tweaker change cpu ratio to per core,disable internal pll overvoltage

advanced north bridge config primary gfx adapter pci express,shared memory 32mb because 64 wont work in chameleon only clover boot loader,ahci and set osx hdd and dvd rom to disabled hot plug.

super io config disable serial port save and exit your done.          gfx is hd4000 GraphicsEnabler=YES is needed