• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Kosta88

Kosta88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Not using time machine yet, but I do wonder why it is like that, I didn't do squat to break it.

Will try keeping the cpu at 48 with nullcpupowermanagement, and if I turn off in bios, the osx still downclocks, like it just won't listen ;-)

Maniac10

Maniac10

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
As there's no stepping info it should not be working at all, weird. Well, hope you can keep the max state with nullcpu.

Cheers

Kosta88

Kosta88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Yes, that is my understanding too. Are there any other places I might look for? I have a feeling I'll reinstall again... I *did* read somewhere that you at least install 3-4 times until you have a stable system heh.

Maniac10

Maniac10

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
No, for your CPU that is the kext that handles speedstepping. Next time when you reinstall try to use TM, it's really usefull for these hacks as you can restore individual files or the entire drive from the installer.

Kosta88

Kosta88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
What is "TM"? I the stuff from the "other" site, which is forbidden to talk about here, lol... (I just read the page after I posted the tools).

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,137 posts

What is "TM"? I the stuff from the "other" site, which is forbidden to talk about here, lol... (I just read the page after I posted the tools).

Time Machine

Kosta88

Kosta88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Ah yes, I still don't have a 2nd disk for this, all my other disks are taken by windows, all 6 of them lol... (yeah, I know, gotta do some spring cleaning!!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy