Making Some Progress with my 7970

OSXtemp

4 posts in this topic

I'm still trying to get my 7970 working with 10.8.3 & Clover. Finally though, I'm making some progress...

At the Clover boot prompt, I modify my boot args to read only: GraphicsEnabler=No. Also, I set the FrameBuffer to: Aji.

Using these params, my system boots me to to my desktop; I no longer get a "No Signal" on my display. The problem is, my screen is totally black.

Any ideas as to what parameter combination might work for me?

Are you doing the sleep trick already, or is this a pure EFI/UEFI only setup on card, mobo and clover?

setting framebuffer in that way only works whit GraphicsInjector=Yes

No sleep trick; I read that only works when you get a white screen anyway.

I just boot straight with Clover; Graphics Injector is set to 'Yes', and I use the 'Aji' framebuffer. Maybe I will try leaving the 'boot args' line empty?

Despite having a black screen, I know I am at the desktop since various special function keys on my Mac keyboard are working as they should (like drive eject).

I'm wondering if there is still another framebuffer I should be trying; so far I've tried: Futomaki, Chutaro, and Aji. 'Aji' is the only one that gets me to the desktop.

Got it working!

I switched to one of the mini display ports on the video card, and connect to my monitor via MDP->HDMI adapter. At boot time, I use the 'Aji' frame buffer. This boots me to a white screen; then I just use the "sleep trick", and I get to my desktop!