New! Pandora's Box Beta is Out

29 posts in this topic

5138c7e183a1b0d7dd298f4466eb38ba.png

Today, 03/20/13 marks an extraordinary event that's been in the making for some time. The staff of InsanelyMac are proud to present to you :

"Pandora's Box"

Pandora's Box application is a new "Tool" that can be used to create your own installer for Lion 10.7 or Mountain Lion 10.8 with the option to use either the retail app version or it's dmg image file.

Also included is a post installation utility to apply additional fixes after install or after a OSx software update.

So those features are great, but you will see "PANDORA'S BOX" also adds some additional functionality to the installation process. With the option for you to configure and choose much of the customization during the OSx installation process, once complete, you can immediately boot into your new working install without requiring any further setup.

Available in the Downloads section

Watch and Participate to the Beta Testing here: http://www.insanelym...-beta1-testing/

Click here to view the article

• Like 15

Hello, could this tool be used to upgrade Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion? Or is it only for new clean install?

Tested and... worked perfectly! :D

Hands down the best tool to install ML quickly and without problems. This is my first Hackintosh I built, and I tried iAktos, Tony's things, but this beats them all.

Just had to install a pair of kexts for my system and my Hackintosh is perfect now.

The only little issue was that the AppleIntel1000 Ethernet kext apparently was missing from the archive. When I tried to install it the program said it was missing. I even tried to re-download pandora a couple of times.

Not really an issue, btw! I just went ahead and downloaded it from another site. The last thing I have to do now is enabling HDMI/DisplayPort audio... I'll try to figure it out later... :S

Kudos to the creators of this!! Keep it up. :P

(Ragazzi, siete grandi!)

PS: Now that I think about it... I could use my newly created beast to make a videotutorial for this wonderful tool (it's pretty straightforward, btw).

Schermata_2013_03_28_alle_19_03_19.png

• Like 3

Hello, could this tool be used to upgrade Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion? Or is it only for new clean install?

At the moment there is a problem using Pandora in Snow Leopard (confirm?).

The problem will be fixed in the next release, but I think you can do upgrade, as if you were using a normal Retail instalation. This has worked for me from 10.7 to 10.8.

Micky

The only little issue was that the AppleIntel1000 Ethernet kext apparently was missing from the archive. When I tried to install it the program said it was missing. I even tried to re-download pandora a couple of times.

Not really an issue, btw!

You're right. I saw a new version with a different name by the same developer ...

I see to fix in the next release.

Micky

Like it. Nice and easy install for 10.8.3 on my probook.

Many thanks.

ProBook? ...Ivy or Sandy Bridge??

IDT audio is working for Probook Ivy Bridge with Pandora, he he!

Micky

• Like 1

At the moment there is a problem using Pandora in Snow Leopard (confirm?).

The problem will be fixed in the next release, but I think you can do upgrade, as if you were using a normal Retail instalation. This has worked for me from 10.7 to 10.8.

Micky

What is the problem with it on SL? I can try it, but I'd like to know what to look out for, and maybe confirm problem.

Only one problem with GUI interface builded in 10.8 whit "only 10.7" compatibility....and we received this bug, would like to know if it still happens with everyone.

However, it will not damage your system!

Micky

• Like 1

Can I also suggest to add the kext for ALC 898 codec? As far as I know many users now have boards with it.

Only one problem with GUI interface builded in 10.8 whit "only 10.7" compatibility....and we received this bug, would like to know if it still happens with everyone.

Micky

If you mean that you can't run Pandora on SL yes, I've had this problem.

Micky

It didn't even try, just popped up a message saying it didn't work with this version :(

very nice work and thank you.ssd doesnt show up via finder hopefully will be fixed.great desktop pic.cant wait for final rev for sl

very nice work and thank you.ssd doesnt show up via finder hopefully will be fixed.great desktop pic.cant wait for final rev for sl

Have you set the BIOS options properly? (I.E. AHCI instead of IDE)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest changfx

I've been trying to dowonload this software atleast 20/30 times but everytime it stopped around 51%. If anybody have any idea pl. advice me so that I could install osx with this software.

• 2 months later...

Honestly , this "Pandora's Box" USB Stick /DVD "installer maker" utility is the best "Installer Maker" if compared with another Installer Maker Utility out there. I tried this tools with my USB stick and External HDD with NO FAIL and Installer run smooth till the end without any KP 

Thanks Micky1979 and InsanelyMac Staff