After several hours of trial and error I've made to work my Sapphire x1950 pro 512mb with Snow Leopard 10.6.8, full resolution QE/CI with dual monitor support (!!!).
Credits goes to cyberchunk (http://www.insanelym...w-leopard-1064/).
1) You must have a working Snow Leopard installation with Chamaleon RC3 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes
2) This method should work for x1950GT too with a little modification
3) Sorry for my bad English
1) Update from 10.6.x to 10.6.8 using the standard method (keep IOUSB*.kext from 10.6. and IOPCIFamily.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.6.7), making a backup of 10.6.7 kexts
2) if you are already on 10.6.8 you need to obtain the original kexts from 10.6.7 (you can use Pacific and the combo update package)
3) Once you are on 10.6.8 recover the following kexts in /S/L/E from the 10.6.7 backup: AppleGraphicsControl.kext, AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext, AppleMCCSControl.kext, ATI1900Controller.kext, ATIFramebuffer.kext, ATISupport.kext, IOGraphicsFamily.kext, IONDRVSupport.kext
4) Patch /S/L/E/ATI1900Controller.kext from 10.6.7 as described by cyberchunk, run kextutility, reboot and verify that full resolution switching is working
5) Patch /S/L/E/ATIRadeonX1000.kext from 10.6.8, run kextutility again, reboot
6) Cross your finger and enjoy QE/CI.
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users