MSN 6 is out and UB

cyclonefr

18 posts in this topic

The stuff in this doesn't make it worth being numbered 5.2, let alone 6.0.

well it is finally a ub, so they had to change something. added yahoo contact support and switched the gui a little (added a windows live logo...). i guess the ub and yahoo thing would warrant a new number, but a change in the ui would have been nice. not that i'll complain too much, they might give us the one from the windows messenger that comes preinstalled on xp (yuck!!).

If you're like and totally fed up with Microsoft short changing us on our Mac products specially with Messenger.

I suggest you follow this link and make your voice heard!

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.aspx?...p;app=Messenger

Also they don't have an option for the 'version 6' of messenger in the feedback page. Also give them serve about that too.

• 3 weeks later...

signing on is unreasonably slow for some reason. i can boot into windows and be online almost instantly. but when i'm in osx, i spend no less than 30 seconds waiting. still like that in 6.0.1 too. i'm gonna see what you guys are talking about with amsn...never heard of it before.

signing on is unreasonably slow for some reason. i can boot into windows and be online almost instantly. but when i'm in osx, i spend no less than 30 seconds waiting. still like that in 6.0.1 too. i'm gonna see what you guys are talking about with amsn...never heard of it before.

• 2 weeks later...
I have all my contacts selected into 4 groups on MSN in windows + offline contacts into seperated group...

On MSN in OSX i can have only online and offline contacts...How to create groups ? ;)

Hi mikko,

when you sign into MSN 6 for Mac OS X go to the Contact Menu and go to Sort Contact By, then select Groups. This should then show your Groups as you had previously or just like Windows Live Messenger for XP.