update system info

jlfilms

6 posts in this topic

how do i edit my about my mac picture and custom name?

also my video card is named Graphics NVIDIA D14P2-30 1024 MB, Not GTX 650 Ti,Do you know way to fix this? ive installed drivers and cuda.

/System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow/Contents/Resources/MacOSX.png and /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow/Contents/Resources/"your language"/AboutThisMac.strings

/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/"whatever mac model your pretending to have.png"

And some more places you can edit depending how far down the rabbit hole you want to go, but not going to write a 3 page tutorial, sorry. See inside your User/Library/Preferences and inside /Applications/Utilities/SystemInformation.app

for GPU, edit DSDT

ok went to both of those locations above, the first one seems to be png of apple logo not the imac mini pic i have it set too, the other aboutthismac.strings doesnt show much info when i open it with txt.

for gpu edit i need program to edit dsdt?

see edits

one is for about this mac, other is when you click "more info"

aboutthismac.strings uses wildcards, be careful what you mess with, but you can potentially make quite a few changes here

all these changes are from strings file, I keep it subtle, but you'll see some text is not original if you really look.

About This Mac.jpg

and editing DSDT would require a DSDT editor

IIRC correctly, WhatTheTech has a guide on his blog that might help with editing system info