1174 replies to this topic

Mieze

Mieze

Giant Cat

• Coders
  • 1,035 posts
  • Interests:Cats

Hi!

All options you mentioned are set to disabled.

PXE Option ROM is set to Off.

I disabled IPv4/6 PXE support but that did not change anything.

Try to enable "Native ASPM" as it gives the OS control of ASPM instead of leaving it to the BIOS.

Mieze

dubvfan87

dubvfan87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I was having a similar problem this evening (I had naively disabled "Native ASPM" while debugging another kext). This fixed it. Thank you.

brukernavn34

brukernavn34

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Yes that did the trick.

Thank you very much for your help!

ZanaGB

ZanaGB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

EDIT: Turns out i had a Read The {censored} Manual type of issue. The WLAN driver, also from Realtek, was conflicting with the Ethernet Driver.

Thanks for providing a functional driver for this card!

---------------

Hello.

I seem to have experiencing a similar issue as the last one, the network seems to switch from disconnected, to connected but without an address, with other times just assigning itself a link-local address ( 169.x.x.x ).

The motherboard is an Asus H110M-D, with a RTL8111H chipset.

While i have not managed to copy the output of dmesg, i did capture it's output on this video i recorded earlier, hopefully it is useful:

Other than not recognizing the chipset, it does not seem to give any other errors. So that's intriguing.

Also, for some reason, the WLAN device that appears at the video stops working as soon as i try to edit the wired connection. Is it that related to the driver, or is it the Pref Pane just going mad?

Iwanche

Iwanche

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

A funny question ..

My internet speed is 15/15, but with your driver i'm get 15/3 ..

With the driver that take off from the official website, the speed I was 15/15, but when I watch a clip or movie, the whole computer freezes and I have to restart it on the button.

Now finally coming to the question, if you can somehow install your driver, it runs at full speed. Thanks in advance.  :blush: 

Mieze

Mieze

Giant Cat

• Coders
  • 1,035 posts

A funny question ..

My internet speed is 15/15, but with your driver i'm get 15/3 ..

With the driver that take off from the official website, the speed I was 15/15, but when I watch a clip or movie, the whole computer freezes and I have to restart it on the button.

Now finally coming to the question, if you can somehow install your driver, it runs at full speed. Thanks in advance.  :blush: 

It's a power management issue. Unfortunately I have no experience with pre Sandy Bridge hardware and don't know how to resolve it. Sorry!

Mieze

darkdll

darkdll

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi my NIC is a Realtek® 8110SC that comes with my Asus Sabertooth x58 motherboard, I'm using capitan with clover.

Until now i was working with no problems with "ancient" AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext driver but recently i've upgraded my Internet Connection to 300Mb/300Mb and download speed is ok, but with upload speed i can't get more than 240-260Mb.

5435683311.png

With my original Macbook pro speeds are ok, so the internet connection are OK, I've buyed a CAT 7 ethernet cable for my hackintosh with no luck so i think that driver doesn't work properly.

I've tried this driver but seems to not recognize my card. : (

There are another solution? or way to make this driver work with my NIC?

Thanks for your hard work!

Mieze

Mieze

Giant Cat

• Coders
  • 1,035 posts

Hi my NIC is a Realtek® 8110SC that comes with my Asus Sabertooth x58 motherboard, I'm using capitan with clover.

RTL8110SC is a PCI device which isn't supported by the driver (and will never be) because PCI devices are unable to perform 64-bit DMA operations. Sorry!

Mieze

stinga11

stinga11

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Music teacher in public schools

Until now i was working with no problems with "ancient" AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext driver but recently i've upgraded my Internet Connection to 300Mb/300Mb and download speed is ok, but with upload speed i can't get more than 240-260Mb.

5435683311.png

With my original Macbook pro speeds are ok, so the internet connection are OK, I've buyed a CAT 7 ethernet cable for my hackintosh with no luck so i think that driver doesn't work properly.

Thanks for your hard work!

Yes, Is possible to use this chipset. Copy the kext from snow leopard 10.6.8 and repair the permission

mrjayviper

mrjayviper

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

I have the motherboard in my signature. I was able to get sleep to work. Pressing any key on the keyboard or clicking the mouse would wake up the hackintosh. My issue is with waking up when I try to connect to the hackintosh via network. An example of this when I try to connect via Apple Remote Desktop. ARD thinks the host is offline. Any ideas on how to fix this? DSDT patch perhaps? thank you

Mieze

Mieze

Giant Cat

• Coders
  • 1,035 posts

I have the motherboard in my signature. I was able to get sleep to work. Pressing any key on the keyboard or clicking the mouse would wake up the hackintosh. My issue is with waking up when I try to connect to the hackintosh via network. An example of this when I try to connect via Apple Remote Desktop. ARD thinks the host is offline. Any ideas on how to fix this? DSDT patch perhaps? thank you

Do you mean, that you WoL ins't working on your machine?

Mieze

bob211418

bob211418

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

If no one has found it yet realtek has a driver for OS X 6 that works perfectly on OS X 11 for the PCI Express Realtek 8105E on board LAN at:

http://www.realtek.c...3&GetDown=false

Thanks, Have a good day.

Enesha Fairluck

Enesha Fairluck

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hey all :)  Thanks Mieze for all the work on this driver.  Who knew it would be such work lol.  With that being said, it *almost* works for me.  I see that you say it should support the 8106e/8111G as of the 2.2.1 driver, but the id in the kext is 8168:10ec when my device is 8136:10ec.  I did add that device id to the plist, but this is what it gives on boot :

Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: TCP/IPv6 segmentation offload enabled.

Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: TCP/IPv6 checksum offload enabled.

Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: Version 2.2.1 using interrupt mitigate value 0xcf58. Please don't support tonymacx86.com!

Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: Disable PCIe ASPM.

unknown chip version (44800000)

I believe that's the only sections relevant.

Any thoughts?  It's a latop wired card so obviously won't get much use, but it would be nice to have it working :)

Mieze

Mieze

Giant Cat

• Coders
  • 1,035 posts

Hey all :)  Thanks Mieze for all the work on this driver.  Who knew it would be such work lol.  With that being said, it *almost* works for me.  I see that you say it should support the 8106e/8111G as of the 2.2.1 driver, but the id in the kext is 8168:10ec when my device is 8136:10ec.  I did add that device id to the plist, but this is what it gives on boot :

Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: TCP/IPv6 segmentation offload enabled.

Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: TCP/IPv6 checksum offload enabled.

Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: Version 2.2.1 using interrupt mitigate value 0xcf58. Please don't support tonymacx86.com!

Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: Disable PCIe ASPM.

I believe that's the only sections relevant.

Any thoughts?  It's a latop wired card so obviously won't get much use, but it would be nice to have it working :)

You are definitely using the wrong driver! According to the device ID your NIC is a FE and not a GE device but this driver only supports Realtek's GE devices.

Mieze

Enesha Fairluck

Enesha Fairluck

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Well that would certainly explain it.  Yeah it does list as pcie fe.  dcpi manager keeps suggesting I go back to AppleRTL8169 (which i've never tried) Or is there something better you can steer me to?

And thanks for the speedy reply:)

***Fixed*** Never Mind :)

I got a copy of a kext from

http://www.insanelym...ealtekr1000-v3/

Looks like it was SL but maybe they recompiled it.  The src is available but I didn't mess with it.  Plugged it in and the card came right up.  Never going to use it i'm sure but it's a nice thing to have.  {censored} they only gave me fast ethernet, but I have ac wifi which is way better for my purposes anyway.

Thanks again:)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Realtek, RTL8111, driver

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy