• Please log in to reply
742 replies to this topic

Funky frank

Funky frank

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

I'm sorry to be so harsh but this is complete nonsense.

Mieze

:) Ok maybe I just accidentally thought it was related to this. But the other hint drastically increased my SMB connections, there are now as fast or faster than in SL.

Mieze

Mieze

Giant Cat

• Coders
  • 506 posts
  • Interests:Cats

:) Ok maybe I just accidentally thought it was related to this. But the other hint drastically increased my SMB connections, there are now as fast or faster than in SL.

Yes, changing the delayed_ack setting has an influence on SMB performance, but this is well known since 10.7 and has been mentioned in this thread a long time ago. Playing with the MTU and "checking" with a ping is pure nonsense because ping uses 64 Byte packets plus IP-header (20 Bytes) which will always traverse any network making the hint just a bad joke. :lol:

By the way, lowering the MTU will only have an influence on performance when routing comes into play and the packets have to pass a network with a lower MTU so that they need to get fragmented, i.e. when they leave your local network, which is usually not the typical scenario SMB is used for.

Mieze

Mieze

Mieze

Giant Cat

• Coders
  • 506 posts
  • Interests:Cats

@janel: I have uploaded new binaries of 1.2.3-dev1 built with Xcode 4.6.3. I verified that sleep is working as expected on my test machine, with and without WoL enabled.

Mieze

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy