New Driver for Realtek RTL8111

Mieze
1,592 posts in this topic

In DPCIManager it shows as RTL 8411 instead of RTL 8168 and it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Fixed it by replacing to this in the info.plist. Download speed is now 80Mbit instead of 150Mbit. Maybe that's a problem from my ISP. :D

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>

<string>0x02000000&0xffff0000</string>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x816810ec</string>

Okey, my problem was my cable. Tried with another one and it works perfectly. Thank you very much. This driver solved my problem that whenever I replugged the cable I needed a cold boot to get my ethernet to function. No more Self Assigned IP address. Thank you very much. You are the best! Oh, it still show RTL8411, but that's fine as long as it's working. :D
Edited by falanx

Hi Mieze,

Great work and pretty cat.

I've been observing something since updating to 10.10:

On a GA-EP45-DS4, there is a severe slowdown on ethernet with your driver.

It does sometimes go faster but then painfully reduces speed, I have checked and the speed is reduced only for outgoing packets.

claunia@hades $ iperf -c zeus -p 6667
------------------------------------------------------------
Client connecting to zeus, TCP port 6667
TCP window size: 85.0 KByte (default)
[ 3] local 172.26.2.2 port 48546 connected with 172.26.2.1 port 6667
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth
[ 3] 0.0-10.0 sec 969 MBytes 813 Mbits/sec

With zeus being Mac OS X and hades being Linux, both on same motherboard model, same switch, 1000TX full duplex no flow control standard MTU. As you can see, hades -> zeus gets easily to 813Mbit/s

zeus claunia$ iperf -c hades -p 6667
Client connecting to hades, TCP port 6667
TCP window size: 129 KByte (default)
[ 5] local 172.26.2.1 port 59379 connected with 172.26.2.2 port 6667
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth
[ 5] 0.0-10.1 sec 9.62 MBytes 8.02 Mbits/sec

The reverse however does never get faster than 12Mbit/sec, with a mean of 8Mbit/sec.

I've been using this equipment since 10.7 and start having problems with 10.10.

I have found some other users with the same problem (dunno if the same mobo) in other forums I hope no one kills me for double posting ;)

Any suggestion or idea or debug data you need?

Regards

Mieze where to check for that parameters?

I have not changed anything when updating to 10.10 from 10.9, and I have no custom sysctl.conf.

First, try to disable TSO in the drivers Info.plist. In case it helps, this would be the easiest solution because digging deeper into TCP's configuration is much harder.

Mieze

Hello,

I was looking for some entry in the console, and I check about the RTL driver.

I found this :

17/11/2014 08:59:40,324 com.apple.kextd[20]: Can't open CFBundle for /EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\RealtekRTL8111.kext.

17/11/2014 08:59:40,338 com.apple.kextd[20]: Kext com.insanelymac.RealtekRTL8111 not found for client path request.

Is it important ?

Hello,

I was looking for some entry in the console, and I check about the RTL driver.

I found this :

17/11/2014 08:59:40,324 com.apple.kextd[20]: Can't open CFBundle for /EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\RealtekRTL8111.kext.

17/11/2014 08:59:40,338 com.apple.kextd[20]: Kext com.insanelymac.RealtekRTL8111 not found for client path request.

Is it important ?

Provided the driver loads properly, it is a message that can be ignored.

Mieze

• Like 1

The v3.1.2 kext was working for me on my H61-USB3 system on 10.10.0 - but now on 10.10.1 - v8111 ethernet - hangs after about 20 minutes of network traffic. will post some logs soon - but was wondering if others are seeing issues?

• Like 1

I also get some weird errors after the update to 10.10.1 - can't connect via Apple Remote Desktop after a WOL (WOL seems to be working fine - the Mac just can't connect to the network (internet and home network), when I unplug the ethernet cable and plug it back in everything works flawless again...

Which logs do you need? And how can I provide them? Short explanation/description would appreciated (gerne auch auf Deutsch...).

I compiled v3.1.3 on 10.10.1 and still had the same issues. network stops working. unplug/replug did re-enable the network. Had to give up for now on the RTL 8111 interface as meize's driver was not working either. So for now I am using a usb3 ethernet device. certainly would like to have the native port. will wait and see what happens with 10.10.2+

there were some errors about tx_skbuff are null. then it jams.

Neither the driver interface nor the driver itself has changed and the hardware related code is completely OS independent. As most users have no problems at all while some report errors with other drivers too, I'm quite sure that this is not a driver issues but a bug of Yosemite which Apple has to fix. Therefore I recommend you to revert to Mavericks until Apple manages to fix the problem.

@tluck: I don't know which driver you are using but this "tx_skbuff" error you reported is definitely not an error message from my driver. By the way there is no version 3.1.3 of my driver.

Mieze

Edited by Mieze
  • Like 1

I also get some weird errors after the update to 10.10.1 - can't connect via Apple Remote Desktop after a WOL (WOL seems to be working fine - the Mac just can't connect to the network (internet and home network), when I unplug the ethernet cable and plug it back in everything works flawless again...

Which logs do you need? And how can I provide them? Short explanation/description would appreciated (gerne auch auf Deutsch...).

You can send me your kernel logs (Google is your friend) but I don't think that this is a driver issue. Maybe your system is messed up or you'll have to fix sleep/wake for 10.10.

Mieze

well i install it on yosemite (appstore) from [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and i only boot correctly with -f

i have usbmmc errors

1. No support for tonymacx86 tools.
  2. The error messages aren't driver related.

Mieze

• Like 2

Feedback for RehabMan-Realtek-Network-2014-1016 version 1.2.3 on Yosemite 10.10.1

Chip:

Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd., RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller

0x816810EC 

Sub Vendor ID: 1458 

Sub Device ID: E000, 

Board:

(GA Z68AP-D3 Ua5)

- reinitialization after sleep/hibernate is working

- WOL not working

Thanks for both of you for your great work so far, I think everyone really appreciates what you are doing :)

Feedback for RehabMan-Realtek-Network-2014-1016 version 1.2.3 on Yosemite 10.10.1

Chip:

Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd., RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller

0x816810EC 

Sub Vendor ID: 1458 

Sub Device ID: E000, 

Board:

(GA Z68AP-D3 Ua5)

- reinitialization after sleep/hibernate is working

- WOL not working

Thanks for both of you for your great work so far, I think everyone really appreciates what you are doing :)

Use Mieze's build to verify it is not something I did wrong in my build.

• Like 1

Thank you :)

Ok, so I rebuild miezes 1.2.3 with latest xcode from source in 10.10.1 (373.393 Byte) and so far everything is working fine although I have some short en0 down, en0 up issues from time to time. But I got the WOL back :)

Thank you :)

Ok, so I rebuild miezes 1.2.3 with latest xcode from source in 10.10.1 (373.393 Byte) and so far everything is working fine although I have some short en0 down, en0 up issues from time to time. But I got the WOL back :)

The WOL issue is probably because I build with SDK 10.6...

Eventually, I'd like to drop SL compatibility...

Note: I use my version on laptops... where WOL is not usually a desired feature.