2 replies to this topic

rojansky

rojansky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Hi all,

I've run into this strange issue after the 10.8.3 update. Everything works except that I can't mount any DVDs or CDs! I'm attaching a screenshot of the strangeness.

I thought there was something wrong with my internal Blu-Ray drive, so attached an external DVD drive. Same error! They show up just fine in System Information.

I don't know if this has to do with my kextcache issues. You can see the error logs here. I can't make any sense of what's causing kextcache to croak. How can I find out the culprit? Or does this look so bad/unknowable that I should just restore 10.8.2 from my backup image? As you can imagine, I'd rather not ;)

Thanks a lot for your help!

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-16 at 10.27.23 PM.png   203.84KB   43 downloads

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-16 at 10.36.20 PM.png   121.59KB   33 downloads

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
what about mounting the disc, instead of the drive :)

rojansky

rojansky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Haha yeah, I tried that. Even tried diskutil at the command line. No dice :(

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 12.08.34 PM.png   208.17KB   14 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy