[Guide] Backlight + Brightness for Intel 8086:0046 (1st gen HD) (GMA 5700MHD)

mnorthern

182 posts in this topic

You have the same region as me.....this do the trick for my thinkpad...hope that helps.

It is just sad that I followed this guide and my screen still doesn't show on after wake up even though it works for many other guys.

Anyway, for anyone only use Linux like me, if you want to get the value of register ending with C8254 you can use this command.

dd if=/dev/mem of=/tmp/aaaa ibs=1 skip=$((0xf00c8254)) count=4; hd /tmp/aaaa

I used 0xf00c8254 because my BAR0 is 0xf0000004. Replace the address with your machine's value. And remember to run this as root.

post-12282-0-60975200-1369352944_thumb.png

post-12282-0-64840300-1369352963_thumb.png

post-12282-0-78904200-1369353054_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hey mnortern:

Do you have any progress with HDMI VIDEO?

Hello ! I am still here :)

I am trying to do some work on enabling the HDMI out.

I am also looking at some people's DSDT's. So this is actually a note to everyone: If I haven't answered your questions yet, please send me a private message :wink_anim:

• 2 weeks later...

afer following your guide, now i'm able to adjust my screen brightness but only from the slider in the system preferences. backlight after sleep works perfect. and after applying values from here my screen brightness seems to be normal (before using those values my screen would black out if i put the slider in the left). then, i notice the comment about adding some more in method (_DSM), my FN keys seems to work but not in the right place. FN+F12 now is the key to lower the brightness, but it seems no key combination to adjust brightness higher. and also the brightness restored to 100% after reboot. how can i fix this?

here's my dsdt.

edit : increase and decrease brightness works perfect with Fn+F12 for decrease brightness and pause(break) for increase brightness. maybe i should find how to redfine fn keys in some other place.

DSDT.aml.zip

Well, Hello everybody, I asked for some help while ago and i didn't get any, it's ok, maybe everybody was very busy with their own stuff.
So I had this issues:

1. No Brightness function. My keyboard actually have the key but didn't work.
2. No "Sun Graphics". As well no brightness function, obvious no graphic either.
3. No Sleep function. Although I do have DISPLAY sleep and wake. But Computer wake doesn't work.

4. No Audio HD. As long as my DSDT is a real mess, it doesn't work as I'd like to.
5. Battery won't charge. This is maybe a hardware problem, maybe the battery itself is broke or something, cause neither on windows7 works.

Everything else works OOB, like a charm. So as long I won't to brake my nearly perfect system and I don't know how to manage this guide, I search for another kind of solutions, so there's maybe not the ideal, but works for me.

For my Brightness function I download 2 apps, Brightness Slider wich comes with a nice - and + vertical bar, and allows to set function keys, so I set the original brightness keys from my keyboard. the other app is myPoint Shade, that mades the same thing but together both gives me the double of darkness or brightness, and everything with my brightness keys and with fn+brightness keys, so I got a great deal with them. The only thing is that neither of them shows the "sun graphic" going up or down, but I can live without it.

For My Sleep problem, I just set in the Settings to Display Sleep cause it works well and Computer Sleep to NEVER, and the "Put hard disk to sleep when possible" unchecked. That gives me the same function as I would have the full Backlight enabled.

For the audio I'm still looking for a nice kext, as long as VoodoHDA doesn't do the whole thing, it crackles and lose fidelity. but well, it's better than nothing.

And for my battery I'm getting a new one, specting that it solves the issue. For now I have to plugged my Laptop all the time, but well is a little price for a $800 bucks Macbook that works like a $1750 one... 

I hope that this "ideas" may help somebody, because not everybody are too skillful for the hackintosh wonders!!! and if you have some comments or suggestions I'll be happy to hear or help!!!

Thank You so Much!!!  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On my mavericks 10.9 DP2 change brightness in system preferences work, but don't work well the keyboard keys. Only "pause" key work for increase, but for decrease there isn't key. I'm searching to set shorcut or remap the keyboard but i don't find nothing. I tried to install UsbOverdrive for example (i used it in 10.8.3), but in 10.9 crash! Can someone help me?

• 3 weeks later...

For my Brightness function I download 2 apps, Brightness Slider wich comes with a nice - and + vertical bar, and allows to set function keys, so I set the original brightness keys from my keyboard. the other app is myPoint Shade, that mades the same thing but together both gives me the double of darkness or brightness, and everything with my brightness keys and with fn+brightness keys, so I got a great deal with them. The only thing is that neither of them shows the "sun graphic" going up or down, but I can live without it.

Thank you for the info. Finally I run with myPoint Shade because of eye-care and shade assistant. The assistant turns off the shade automatically when I switched to VLC and returns shade back when I return to DB tasks.

My laptop was waking up as soon as I put it into sleep or hibernate and it wakes up to black screen. To solve the first issue, I removed all EHC2 blocks, so now my laptop goes to sleep.

Next, I tried to resolve the 2nd issue by following this guide but it doesn't seem to work for me. My Bar1 is 0xD0000004, and I tried both mnorthern's and jerry's way to no avail. :( Can someone take a look at my DSDT please? ;) I have attached my DSDT (the untouched one) as the one I edited was not working anyways!)

P.S. I have to say I didn't follow this thread.

DSDT.aml.zip

Hi guys, sorry but i'm trying to compile my dsdt but i get 2 errors for this line.

Return (^^PCI0.GFX0.DD02._BQC ())

^^PCI0.GFX0._DOS (Arg0)

I confirm I get the same errors. Can someone please take a look at my DSDT (post right above) and help me out? Without working sleep and hibernation, my laptop is no good. Thanks.

Guest Super_LoP

Hello! How can I get my operations regions with RW Everything to inject it on DSDT? Coz I can change brightness, but only with slider bar, and not with FN Key. Too, my compunter can't sleep, it has blackscreen. What files should I give you for help me? Thanks in advance!

Is there anyone whose fairly good with this eg. has successfully done it and is willing to lend me a hand? My attempts all end in nasty lines of text telling me how bad i screwed up "Invalid character found in processor0P" I see that for a good 2 minutes just scrolling, then followed by a kernel panic "Unable to find driver for this platform"\"ACPI"..." . I have an Acer Aspire 5733 Core i3 370m Arrandale. I've tried EVERYTHING :( My BAR1 is 0xD

Any support would be great idk where i went wrong and im too close to give up now 

DSDT's.zip

Guest Super_LoP

Is there anyone whose fairly good with this eg. has successfully done it and is willing to lend me a hand? My attempts all end in nasty lines of text telling me how bad i screwed up "Invalid character found in processor0P" I see that for a good 2 minutes just scrolling, then followed by a kernel panic "Unable to find driver for this platform"\"ACPI"..." . I have an Acer Aspire 5733 Core i3 370m Arrandale. I've tried EVERYTHING :( My BAR1 is 0xD

Any support would be great idk where i went wrong and im too close to give up now 

Hello! I had a look to your DSDT quickly. You have almost the same config as mine. You made some mistake with your code. Could you, please, send me an RW Everything screenshot with Intel VGA PCI Device? I think I could enable at least the brightness in System Pref.

• Like 1

Hello! I had a look to your DSDT quickly. You have almost the same config as mine. You made some mistake with your code. Could you, please, send me an RW Everything screenshot with Intel VGA PCI Device? I think I could enable at least the brightness in System Pref.

OMG that would be amazing! would you be able to compile it? that's where I'm having difficulty I think, i thought i followed the instructions pretty good but here anything you need just ask!

Just a side note, I was keen on doing this for the wake after sleep brightness. Thank you!

Hello! How can I get my operations regions with RW Everything to inject it on DSDT? Coz I can change brightness, but only with slider bar, and not with FN Key. Too, my compunter can't sleep, it has blackscreen. What files should I give you for help me? Thanks in advance!

Hey, did you try Fn F1? Macs have different locations for brightness maybe yours is working and needs to be relocated

http://prasys.info/2009/12/getting-fn-toggle-key-to-work-on-hackbooks/

Guest Super_LoP

OMG that would be amazing! would you be able to compile it? that's where I'm having difficulty I think, i thought i followed the instructions pretty good but here anything you need just ask!

So. I finished compile with DSDT Editor without error! I think it will work. But I don't know how to upload here (I'm so noob  :P ) so I uploaded it here -> http://m4smln.1fichier.com

I didn't enable wake up. It doesn't work for me, but if brightness work for you, I will try.

Btw I tried FN + F1 and doesn't work. Thanks as well!!

So. I finished compile with DSDT Editor without error! I think it will work. But I don't know how to upload here (I'm so noob  :P ) so I uploaded it here -> http://m4smln.1fichier.com

I didn't enable wake up. It doesn't work for me, but if brightness work for you, I will try.

Btw I tried FN + F1 and doesn't work. Thanks as well!!

DUDE it works! Can you summarize the steps you took to getting that far? maybe I can find a way to add onto that so we both get what we need. The slider works but like you said before no function keys. For sleep, look at your lights, mine goes to sleep for one blink, then wakes to very dim screen but its an improvement I think there was a fix in this form, ill keep looking THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Hi Super_LoP, Can you help me too? I am stuck and I tried what I could but when waking up, it is still black screen. I really don't need the brightness slider, so even post #6 in this thread suffices for me, but it doesn't work. Please look at my DSDT a few posts above. Thanks. :)

The memory region at 0xD00C8250 in RW-Everything is 13121312 same as mnorthern's.

Right now, I don't have screenshots with me (I've written down all those numbers from RW-Everything on a piece of paper), but if I should give you screenshots to be able to help, please let me know. Thanks again.

Guest Super_LoP

DUDE it works! Can you summarize the steps you took to getting that far? maybe I can find a way to add onto that so we both get what we need. The slider works but like you said before no function keys. For sleep, look at your lights, mine goes to sleep for one blink, then wakes to very dim screen but its an improvement I think there was a fix in this form, ill keep looking THANK YOU SO MUCH!

So great I helped you!  :D

What I did :

For Brightness

1 - Changing operations regions with your values and inject it before Scope (_SB).

OperationRegion (BRIT, SystemMemory, 0xD0048254, 0x04)
Field (BRIT, AnyAcc, Lock, Preserve)
{
LEVL, 32
}
OperationRegion (BRI2, SystemMemory, 0xD0048250, 0x04)
Field (BRI2, AnyAcc, Lock, Preserve)
{
LEV2, 32
}
OperationRegion (BRI3, SystemMemory, 0xD00C8250, 0x04)
Field (BRI3, AnyAcc, Lock, Preserve)
{
LEVW, 32
}
OperationRegion (BRI4, SystemMemory, 0xD00C8254, 0x04)
Field (BRI4, AnyAcc, Lock, Preserve)
{
LEVX, 32
}

2 - Navigate to DD02 and inject LCD1234.

Device (DD02)
   {
      Method (_ADR, 0, Serialized)
           {
                Name (_HID, EisaId ("LCD1234"))

3 - Injecting PNLF before Scope _PR . I modded PNLF by adding _SB below the two last Method. Just tried a lot of things coz my compilation had error. With _SB, no error.

Device (PNLF)
    {
        Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
        Name (_CID, "backlight")
        Name (_UID, 0x0A)
        Name (_STA, 0x0B)
        Method (_BCL, 0, NotSerialized)
        {
            Return (Package (0x13)
            {
                0x64, 
                0x32, 
                Zero, 
                0x06, 
                0x0C, 
                0x12, 
                0x18, 
                0x1E, 
                0x24, 
                0x2A, 
                0x30, 
                0x36, 
                0x3C, 
                0x42, 
                0x48, 
                0x4E, 
                0x54, 
                0x5A, 
                0x64
            })
        }
        Method (_BCM, 1, NotSerialized)
        {
            Store (0x80000000, LEV2)
            If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x64))
            {
                Store (0x12FF, LEVL)
            }
            Else
            {
                If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x5A))
                {
                    Store (0x11FF, LEVL)
                }
                Else
                {
                    If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x54))
                    {
                        Store (0x103A, LEVL)
                    }
                    Else
                    {
                        If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x4E))
                        {
                            Store (0x0EBB, LEVL)
                        }
                        Else
                        {
                            If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x48))
                            {
                                Store (0x0B24, LEVL)
                            }
                            Else
                            {
                                If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x42))
                                {
                                    Store (0x0873, LEVL)
                                }
                                Else
                                {
                                    If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x3C))
                                    {
                                        Store (0x065B, LEVL)
                                    }
                                    Else
                                    {
                                        If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x36))
                                        {
                                            Store (0x04C8, LEVL)
                                        }
                                        Else
                                        {
                                            If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x30))
                                            {
                                                Store (0x0396, LEVL)
                                            }
                                            Else
                                            {
                                                If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x2A))
                                                {
                                                    Store (0x02B0, LEVL)
                                                }
                                                Else
                                                {
                                                    If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x24))
                                                    {
                                                        Store (0x0266, LEVL)
                                                    }
                                                    Else
                                                    {
                                                        If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x1E))
                                                        {
                                                            Store (0x0218, LEVL)
                                                        }
                                                        Else
                                                        {
                                                            If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x18))
                                                            {
                                                                Store (0x01D1, LEVL)
                                                            }
                                                            Else
                                                            {
                                                                If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x12))
                                                                {
                                                                    Store (0x0191, LEVL)
                                                                }
                                                                Else
                                                                {
                                                                    If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x0C))
                                                                    {
                                                                        Store (0x0161, LEVL)
                                                                    }
                                                                    Else
                                                                    {
                                                                        If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x06))
                                                                        {
                                                                            Store (0x0132, LEVL)
                                                                        }
                                                                        Else
                                                                        {
                                                                            If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, Zero))
                                                                            {
                                                                                Store (0x82, LEVL)
                                                                            }
                                                                            Else
                                                                            {
                                                                                Store (0x11FF, LEVL)
                                                                            }
                                                                        }
                                                                    }
                                                                }
                                                            }
                                                        }
                                                    }
                                                }
                                            }
                                        }
                                    }
                                }
                            }
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
        Method (_BQC, 0, NotSerialized)
        {
            Return (^^_SB.PCI0.GFX0.DD02._BQC ())
        }
        Method (_DOS, 1, NotSerialized)
        {
            ^^_SB.PCI0.GFX0._DOS (Arg0)
        }
    }

For Wak (doesn't work)

1 - With RW Everything, went to memory. Went to address 00000000B00C8250, take value of second column.

2 - Adding this wak code http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287133-guide-backlight-brightness-for-intel-80860046-1st-gen-hd-gma-5700mhd/page-3?do=findComment&comment=1898982

Method (_WAK, 1, Serialized)
{
 Store (0x80000000, LEVW)
 Store (0x03D003D0, LEVX) //Injected
 Notify (\_SB.PCI0.VID.LCD0, 0x86)
 Notify (\_SB.PCI0.PEG.VID.LCD0, 0x86)
 Store (0xFF, \BRLV)
 \_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.BRNS ()
}

That's it. 

Another thing : I can wake only if I put down the cover. (don't know how to say?) but on wake up I could only move cursor, nothing work.

But I have a doubt about the DD02 value. Because in GFX0, I found DSEN, and not DD02. Could someone tell me about? I think it could have something with FN keys...

Device (GFX0)
    {
      Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)
          {
             Store (And (Arg0, 0x07), DSEN)

Hi Super_LoP, Can you help me too? I am stuck and I tried what I could but when waking up, it is still black screen. I really don't need the brightness slider, so even post #6 in this thread suffices for me, but it doesn't work. Please look at my DSDT a few posts above. Thanks. :)

The memory region at 0xD00C8250 in RW-Everything is 13121312 same as mnorthern's.

Right now, I don't have screenshots with me (I've written down all those numbers from RW-Everything on a piece of paper), but if I should give you screenshots to be able to help, please let me know. Thanks again.

Hello, iDo. :)

I'm not at all a DSDT pro. 

I don't know how to enable Wak and FN keys, for me.

I don't think I can help you, sorry...

So great I helped you!  :D

What I did :

For Brightness

1 - Changing operations regions with your values and inject it before Scope (_SB).

OperationRegion (BRIT, SystemMemory, 0xD0048254, 0x04)
Field (BRIT, AnyAcc, Lock, Preserve)
{
LEVL, 32
}
OperationRegion (BRI2, SystemMemory, 0xD0048250, 0x04)
Field (BRI2, AnyAcc, Lock, Preserve)
{
LEV2, 32
}
OperationRegion (BRI3, SystemMemory, 0xD00C8250, 0x04)
Field (BRI3, AnyAcc, Lock, Preserve)
{
LEVW, 32
}
OperationRegion (BRI4, SystemMemory, 0xD00C8254, 0x04)
Field (BRI4, AnyAcc, Lock, Preserve)
{
LEVX, 32
}

2 - Navigate to DD02 and inject LCD1234.

Device (DD02)
   {
      Method (_ADR, 0, Serialized)
           {
                Name (_HID, EisaId ("LCD1234"))

3 - Injecting PNLF before Scope _PR . I modded PNLF by adding _SB below the two last Method. Just tried a lot of things coz my compilation had error. With _SB, no error.

Device (PNLF)
    {
        Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
        Name (_CID, "backlight")
        Name (_UID, 0x0A)
        Name (_STA, 0x0B)
        Method (_BCL, 0, NotSerialized)
        {
            Return (Package (0x13)
            {
                0x64, 
                0x32, 
                Zero, 
                0x06, 
                0x0C, 
                0x12, 
                0x18, 
                0x1E, 
                0x24, 
                0x2A, 
                0x30, 
                0x36, 
                0x3C, 
                0x42, 
                0x48, 
                0x4E, 
                0x54, 
                0x5A, 
                0x64
            })
        }
        Method (_BCM, 1, NotSerialized)
        {
            Store (0x80000000, LEV2)
            If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x64))
            {
                Store (0x12FF, LEVL)
            }
            Else
            {
                If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x5A))
                {
                    Store (0x11FF, LEVL)
                }
                Else
                {
                    If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x54))
                    {
                        Store (0x103A, LEVL)
                    }
                    Else
                    {
                        If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x4E))
                        {
                            Store (0x0EBB, LEVL)
                        }
                        Else
                        {
                            If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x48))
                            {
                                Store (0x0B24, LEVL)
                            }
                            Else
                            {
                                If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x42))
                                {
                                    Store (0x0873, LEVL)
                                }
                                Else
                                {
                                    If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x3C))
                                    {
                                        Store (0x065B, LEVL)
                                    }
                                    Else
                                    {
                                        If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x36))
                                        {
                                            Store (0x04C8, LEVL)
                                        }
                                        Else
                                        {
                                            If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x30))
                                            {
                                                Store (0x0396, LEVL)
                                            }
                                            Else
                                            {
                                                If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x2A))
                                                {
                                                    Store (0x02B0, LEVL)
                                                }
                                                Else
                                                {
                                                    If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x24))
                                                    {
                                                        Store (0x0266, LEVL)
                                                    }
                                                    Else
                                                    {
                                                        If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x1E))
                                                        {
                                                            Store (0x0218, LEVL)
                                                        }
                                                        Else
                                                        {
                                                            If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x18))
                                                            {
                                                                Store (0x01D1, LEVL)
                                                            }
                                                            Else
                                                            {
                                                                If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x12))
                                                                {
                                                                    Store (0x0191, LEVL)
                                                                }
                                                                Else
                                                                {
                                                                    If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x0C))
                                                                    {
                                                                        Store (0x0161, LEVL)
                                                                    }
                                                                    Else
                                                                    {
                                                                        If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, 0x06))
                                                                        {
                                                                            Store (0x0132, LEVL)
                                                                        }
                                                                        Else
                                                                        {
                                                                            If (LGreaterEqual (Arg0, Zero))
                                                                            {
                                                                                Store (0x82, LEVL)
                                                                            }
                                                                            Else
                                                                            {
                                                                                Store (0x11FF, LEVL)
                                                                            }
                                                                        }
                                                                    }
                                                                }
                                                            }
                                                        }
                                                    }
                                                }
                                            }
                                        }
                                    }
                                }
                            }
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
        Method (_BQC, 0, NotSerialized)
        {
            Return (^^_SB.PCI0.GFX0.DD02._BQC ())
        }
        {
            ^^_SB.PCI0.GFX0._DOS (Arg0)
        }
    }

For Wak (doesn't work)

1 - With RW Everything, went to memory. Went to address 00000000B00C8250, take value of second column.

2 - Adding this wak code http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287133-guide-backlight-brightness-for-intel-80860046-1st-gen-hd-gma-5700mhd/page-3?do=findComment&comment=1898982

Method (_WAK, 1, Serialized)
{
 Store (0x80000000, LEVW)
 Store (0x03D003D0, LEVX) //Injected
 Notify (\_SB.PCI0.VID.LCD0, 0x86)
 Notify (\_SB.PCI0.PEG.VID.LCD0, 0x86)
 Store (0xFF, \BRLV)
 \_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.BRNS ()
}

That's it. 

Another thing : I can wake only if I put down the cover. (don't know how to say?) but on wake up I could only move cursor, nothing work.

But I have a doubt about the DD02 value. Because in GFX0, I found DSEN, and not DD02. Could someone tell me about? I think it could have something with FN keys...

Device (GFX0)
    {
      Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)
          {
             Store (And (Arg0, 0x07), DSEN)

Hello, iDo. :)

I'm not at all a DSDT pro. 

I don't know how to enable Wak and FN keys, for me.

I don't think I can help you, sorry...

Hey keep trying but dont worry too much about the function keys, I think I have a lead. I love this community. Ill keep you posted

Guest Super_LoP

Hey keep trying but dont worry too much about the function keys, I think I have a lead. I love this community. Ill keep you posted

Well, I'll try to do this.

Stay tunes! 

Super_LoP  Do you get these in your verbose boot too? Maybe on to something 

ACPIBacklightPanel: ACPI Methods _DOS _BCL _BCM _BQC found. Device path: (Ill fill in after, camera cut it off)
ACPIBacklightPanel: getIndexForLevel(50) not found in _BCL table ! 
ACPIBacklightPanel: Error in queryACPICurentBrightnessLevel _BQC
ACPIBacklightPanel: getIndexForLevel(16) not found in _BCL table !
ACPIBacklightPanel: Version 1.2

I have a feeling this is blocking the full potential of the patch (Brightness on wake)

Guest Super_LoP

Alright in terms of FN keys, just get a new voodooPS2 kext, theres one out there that supports remapping

Which one? I got one who support multitouch, and I don't really want to change...  :rolleyes:

Super_LoP  Do you get these in your verbose boot too? Maybe on to something 

ACPIBacklightPanel: ACPI Methods _DOS _BCL _BCM _BQC found. Device path: (Ill fill in after, camera cut it off)

ACPIBacklightPanel: getIndexForLevel(50) not found in _BCL table ! 

ACPIBacklightPanel: Error in queryACPICurentBrightnessLevel _BQC

ACPIBacklightPanel: getIndexForLevel(16) not found in _BCL table !

I have a feeling this is blocking the full potential of the patch (Brightness on wake)

l got it :

ACPIBacklightPanel: ACPI Methods _DOS _BCL _BCM _BQC found. Device path: PNLF

Maybe it is the right code for me?

For Wake problems you can check chameleon options (USB FIX) works for me.... 

No, doesn't work, I can wake, but on wakeup I can't write anything and it look like the screen freeze, except for the mouse cursor.

For FN KEYS i use SPARK... a little app that allows you to config your fn keys

IT WORKS! Even with the sun! Thanks you, thanks you, thanks you!  :D

I was looking for an app like that since the beggining of my Hackintosh adventure...

But it as trouble.

1 ) Cannot use it on boot sequence. (I know it is possible only with a good DSDT hack.)

2 ) Cannot use FN Keys directly. (Use Windows Keys)

3 ) When I go up +7 at luminosity, it doesn't change and stay to maximum. I will try to fix it on DSDT. 

4 ) It doesn't update brightness value in Prefs.

EDIT :

Conman997 sent me a message, with a proposition of fix for Keys and Wake up.

[...] following the guide with the exception of putting "lcd1234" part under DD03. The one you sentme has it under DD02. If your wondering why its because DD03 has the _BCM _BCL _BQC Values in it.

Here you are.

http://67advt.1fichier.com/

For me, it didn't change anything. Btw, got always "Unknown Screen" in Display Pref. What about you?