[FIXED!] (Little) problem with my good old radeon hd4830.

displaysleep radeon 4830 dsdt

Best Answer nyolc8, 18 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

OMG I just fixed the problem by just using Cardinal framebuffer instead of Motmot. Everything perfect :D Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
I always had problem with my display sleep on my old sapphire radeon hd4830 512mb card (it worked once perfectly but I don't have an idea why it worked for that 2-3 days), when osx should disable the monitor, the screen just freezes but the display not going into standby mode.

If I plug my display into the other DVI connector on the card (it have 2 DVI and one s-video) then display sleep works perfectly BUT my display not recognized properly and I have 800x600 resolution.

So I plugged my display back to the first DVI port (where I get 1920x1080 and everything but no display sleep) and checked my system in ioregistryexplorer and found some strange things:

Attached File  gsdhsh.png   109.04KB   22 downloads

FIRST: it says my display is "CRT" but my display is LCD and OSX recognizes it nicely in about this mac and loads specific the color profile for it automatically.

SECOND: no connect flags, it's totally zero.

THIRD: what is that "pci1002,aa30@0,1" thing there? My vga card IDs are not equal with that and I don't have anything in DSDT.aml there.

Is anyone have an idea what is the problem with my setup? Do I need to modify ati-personalities?

Maybe someone have some DSDT.aml tweaks for my problem? I tried to inject connect flags and such via DSDT.aml, but they just won't get injected.

Please if anyone have some idea, let me know.

edit: I forgot: If I plug the monitor into the other connector, it still appears in @0 section, not in the @1 section.

Problem solved by using Cardinal framebuffer instead of Motmot!

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,993 posts
hi nyolc8 :)

never had this problem on my old HD4830 (at least in my memories)

Do I need to modify ati-personalities?

possible

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
Did you used your hd4830 with a display that have DVI cable, or you used a VGA to DVI adapter? Because I have to use a VGA > DVI adapter... I thinking more and more that could be the problem... but then why display sleep works on the other connector with the same adapter used...? I'm confused... :/

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,993 posts
I use DVI to DVI cable

I never used VGA -> DVI adapter but I can do the test

and if it doesn't works (big chance that it doesn't works), so it would have to modify ati-personnality to patch motmot

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
Maybe the connector type in ati-personality should be changed to VGA type or something?

I read some tutorial about customizing the ati-personalities, but I couldn't figure out how to find the existing motmot personalities in the ATIframebuffer binary file (to know what should be changed).

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
I tried to use the default "RadeonFramebuffer", and no screen tearing, full resolution, DISPLAY SLEEP WORKING, BUT I have a second display recognized which doesn't exist. So 99% that display sleep is a framebuffer issue.

Is there a way to edit ati-personalites without installing the developer tools?

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Best Answer

OMG I just fixed the problem by just using Cardinal framebuffer instead of Motmot. Everything perfect :D

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,480 posts
By the way @0,1 (address = ADR in dsdt = 0x01 or One) is HDMI, usually called HDAU. You can add it in the right place, for example:
Attached File  Captura de pantalla 2013-03-18 a la(s) 13.37.29.png   225.02KB   16 downloads
The result in IOReg, using patched AppleHDA (ALC888 in my case) to avoid sound assertions in log console:
Attached File  Captura de pantalla 2013-03-18 a la(s) 13.41.19.png   211.9KB   15 downloads

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
So the "pci1002,aa30@0,1" device there (see picture in the first post) is the hdmi audio device on my graphics card, right?

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,480 posts
Yes. But as I tried to say, please sorry for my English, that device is NOT present (do not exist) right now in your DSDT.

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
I know it's not there, I'll try to make it work :) Btw is it possible to control hdmi audio + onboard alc audio at the same time with applehda?

edit:Well, maybe I leave it as it because on this card, there is no hdmi connector, the card's website says for hdmi I should use an adapter. But without hdmi connector, i don't know how should I patch this...

edit2.: I just added the onboard-1 thing into gfx0 and added the whole hdau section to dsdt, and this is what I get:
Attached File  hfdhd.jpg   108.98KB   5 downloads

So in system profiler it's good, in ioregistry it's good, but no device in sound preferences. (I checked and there is no sound assertion error in console)
So... now I need to modify the framebuffer to get audio? Or I need to patch something in applehda? I read some tutorials but all tutorial is for HD5XXX cards.
It's not that important, just asking... :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: displaysleep, radeon, 4830, dsdt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy