• Interests:Tech, Science, Biology, OSX86 stuff

Hello
If I understand you correctly you want to insert the kext in usb
After preparation of the usb with Pandora
You can use app Kext Wizard and install the kext you want
It is important to select the USB

Or to customize when installing OS X

Fabio

putting the kexts in the S/L/E of the installer does not help because the custom kexts are not copied over when installing. I want them to be copied to the S/L/E along with the OS ones.

dazz

dazz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

As long as you did not choose anything, should be like the original system.
Can you tell me which version of OSx is your app or dmg installer?

legit 10.8.3 freshly downloaded from the app store

newtrack

newtrack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I'm new in insanelymac forum, and I thank the effort to make easier install OSx and this project for make that possible.

I think, the pandora's project is the most advanced method to install OSx in specific hardware own. In the guide of this post, I assume Pandora creates the optimal installer for specific hardware before install, but I have some question about this, that's means you can install OSx in any hardware, or you need select the right or recomended hardware before install? I say this because is more dificult instal OSx in Laptop, but Pandora offers the option for laptops, only selecting any options without take in count specific model of laptop.

I don't know if for example, is possible install Lion or Mountain Lion, in Sandy Bridge Systems, because the new Imac are Ivy Bridge Systems.

Another question, in the SMBIOS, what is the more important to choose the characteristics? I don't be sure about the model to choose and this is very important for the type of hardware for OSx installer, and is very important boot properly, the MB option, NullCPU Power Management, AHCI Injector, WIFI Injector.... I assume that options you can know in the specifications MB.

I hope help, but for now, i'm learning thanks to this forum's members, this will be my first Hackintosh.

rvxtm

rvxtm

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

I forgot to ask, is the script set to remove the TyMCE kext when selecting a MacPro smbios ?

.::Fabio::.

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 8,907 posts

putting the kexts in the S/L/E of the installer does not help because the custom kexts are not copied over when installing. I want them to be copied to the S/L/E along with the OS ones.

The intent custom kext for your hardware in signature.
When you customize the installation to find the kext for the machine.

Fabio
Google Translator

rvxtm

rvxtm

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I just needed for Lnx2Mac kext to load at the first boot, and for that i need to slipstream it to S/L/E in the installer.

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 8,907 posts

I just needed for Lnx2Mac kext to load at the first boot, and for that i need to slipstream it to S/L/E in the installer.

Your motherboard uses 2 x Realtek 8111C
Select RealtekRTL81xx.kext

Fabio

Micky1979

Micky1979

I realized that I am lucky

• Moderators
  • 2,002 posts
I apologize for not having answered right away, but I was sick (fever :censored2: )

A new folder for custom kexts just like the acpi one would be nice. I'm trying for some time to find out how to integrate kexts into the installer but no one seams to know or at least no one answered me how.

What i mean is where to put kexts on a bootable osx installer usb to have them installed automatically to S/L/E with the system, so at first boot, have network, custom AppleHDA and such in the S/L/E

This can also be done, but only worried when user must install only a kext plug-in or non Apple extensions. However, we'll do, Marchrius already showed me to implement such a thing...

Hi, I'm new in insanelymac forum, and I thank the effort to make easier install OSx and this project for make that possible.

I think, the pandora's project is the most advanced method to install OSx in specific hardware own. In the guide of this post, I assume Pandora creates the optimal installer for specific hardware before install, but I have some question about this, that's means you can install OSx in any hardware, or you need select the right or recomended hardware before install? I say this because is more dificult instal OSx in Laptop, but Pandora offers the option for laptops, only selecting any options without take in count specific model of laptop.

I don't know if for example, is possible install Lion or Mountain Lion, in Sandy Bridge Systems, because the new Imac are Ivy Bridge Systems.

Another question, in the SMBIOS, what is the more important to choose the characteristics? I don't be sure about the model to choose and this is very important for the type of hardware for OSx installer, and is very important boot properly, the MB option, NullCPU Power Management, AHCI Injector, WIFI Injector.... I assume that options you can know in the specifications MB.

I hope help, but for now, i'm learning thanks to this forum's members, this will be my first Hackintosh.

Sandy Bridge laptops?
Simple, choose smbios of MacbookPro8,1, with this automatic active the Intel HD3000 mobile.
Only problem when Laptop screen has more than 1400x pixels, then after serving dsdt with "Dual Link" patch for high-resolution display. Some time ago I asked Ermac to do something about it. If he does this, we will also put in Pandora.

However, during installation you have to choose all the choices for laptops, but also check the choice for NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, because there is a problem with natural power management in Sandy Bridge Systems (NullCPU is a kext that disables AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext). When you have installed and after the first boot, you can re-open Pandora, and patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement with a special option available to patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to make it working also on Sandy/Ivy Bridge CPUs (then probably also work the Sleep, and with better battery consuption etc).
AHCI injector? I do not know if you need, but if you're able to get the OSx GUI installation, then you do not need him!
However, the first time you make a Hackintosh, everything will not be perfect, ...after you will like to be able to find solutions :wink2:

I forgot to ask, is the script set to remove the TyMCE kext when selecting a MacPro smbios ?

This will be done in BETA 2

Option for this is already available, and kext is installed inside IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns.
Please Check

legit 10.8.3 freshly downloaded from the app store

You might try choosing retail installation on USB stick, and see if that happens anyway?
You will not see "Insanely Options", but it is curious to know if it's the same!

Micky

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts
hi Micky, I sugest for you if possible add a button Smbios Model HELP when the user choose your Mac Model, some new users don`t no choose whatt model use.

Smbios Model HELP

Attached File  Captura de pantalla 2013-04-05 a la(s) 18.23.13.png   109.03KB   125 downloads

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 2,002 posts
Yep,

ride request to Ermac and Marchrius :help:

dazz

dazz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

You might try choosing retail installation on USB stick, and see if that happens anyway?
You will not see "Insanely Options", but it is curious to know if it's the same!

Micky

well i tried to reinstall once on the EP45 with a new usb stick. did the same.
i have reinstalled an mac os 10.7 on this mac and drive by now using other method, went fine

i tried the same usb stick on a Gigabyte P67X-UD3-B3 i had a kernel panic on instal menu, i have a pict of that if you want.

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 2,002 posts

i tried the same usb stick on a Gigabyte P67X-UD3-B3 i had a kernel panic on instal menu, i have a pict of that if you want.

Yes, this would really help, if it contains data about the error

thanks

dazz

dazz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Yes, this would really help, if it contains data about the error

Posted Image

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 8,907 posts
I would not be wrong but the cause is AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext
Add to usb NullCPUMPowerManagement.kext

Fabio

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 2,002 posts
@dazz, HPET also shows an error, you have a DSDT with that section patched?
I can propose to try to patch AppleRTC.kext on Pandora USB Installer, and try again with vanilla HPET section (if have dsdt)?

Micky

anup756

anup756

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi
I was just wondering. Does Pandora support almost all laptops? Does it even support the ones with AMD Processor?

I want to know if my Ideapad Y400 can run this. It has Intel i7 3630Q 2.6GHz Processor, NVidia GT650M graphics, 8GB DDR3 Memory, 1TB HDD, Intel Centrino Wireless & Bluetooth N2230 and Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 Ethernet.

My Laptop came with Win 8 pre-installed. I don't want to mess that up. So, How can I install Mac OSx without disturbing my windows installation and recovery partition?

I would be really glad if you could answer these questions for me.

Thanks,
Anup

C.Frio

C.Frio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Pandora Team
  • 1,252 posts
hi

Are we close to seePandora's Box Beta 2 testing ?

c.frio

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 2,002 posts

Hi
I was just wondering. Does Pandora support almost all laptops? Does it even support the ones with AMD Processor?

I want to know if my Ideapad Y400 can run this. It has Intel i7 3630Q 2.6GHz Processor, NVidia GT650M graphics, 8GB DDR3 Memory, 1TB HDD, Intel Centrino Wireless & Bluetooth N2230 and Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 Ethernet.

My Laptop came with Win 8 pre-installed. I don't want to mess that up. So, How can I install Mac OSx without disturbing my windows installation and recovery partition?

I would be really glad if you could answer these questions for me.

Thanks,
Anup

Result is not guaranteed of course, also need to know if you have a screen less than or greater than 1400x pixels. if above serves patched dsdt.
Pandora allows installation on MBR, so just create the partition on the existing drive. But to give it a try, why not make a backup first, so all problems do not exist?

Sorry, I correct, you need to force patched DSDT to activate intel 4000 Mobile.

Micky

hi

Are we close to seePandora's Box Beta 2 testing ?

c.frio

It 's already over my desktop, only we have to add the last things.

Micky

anup756

anup756

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Result is not guaranteed of course, also need to know if you have a screen less than or greater than 1400x pixels. if above serves patched dsdt.
Pandora allows installation on MBR, so just create the partition on the existing drive. But to give it a try, why not make a backup first, so all problems do not exist?

Sorry, I correct, you need to force patched DSDT to activate intel 4000 Mobile.

Ok.

Btw, my screen resolution is 1366x768. I know this resolution sucks for a 14inch Laptop but that's what I have. So you mean that I cannot patch with DSDT then? Also, I don't see Intel 4000 option in my Device Manager and can only see nVidia.

Thanks.

salvosnake

salvosnake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
you can relase pandora for snow leopard?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy