Pandora's Box (Beta1 Testing)

Micky1979

140 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm trying to build my first hack using the Pandora installation disk which is made following your instruction on my macbook air. The USB installation disk works fine when I plug into the new machine and starts to install OSX. However, when the program attempt to reboot for the first time, it stuck with the line "[iOBuletoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService".

I tried to reboot it again using the save mode (-x), it boot to the setup menu->choose location-->keyboard-->Internet connection (if I choose Ethernet, the screen return to "choose location" again!) I have to choose no internet connection-->setup name and password-->time zone-->login screen-->desktop (in the safe mode)

And when I try to post-install using the post-installation in Pandora's box, the installation program finished without a list of menu as you showed in the picture.

If I reboot the system, it stuck at the message that I mentioned above again...

Kind of depressed. I've spend a lot of time to try [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], clover, and finally pandora with no luck at all.

Could anyone help me to solve the problem? Thanks in advance!

The spec. of my build:

MB: H77N-Wifi

CPU: i7-3770

RAM: 8Gx2

SSD: M4 256G

this is not a problem with Pandora, its a problem with Graphics kexts, use the app Kext Wizard for repair Permissions/Rebuildcaches, and post your folder Extra, and the internet problem is because you not have installed a kext for Ethernet, for this in the first boot this not work

• Like 1

thanks a lot for what it seems to be the next installer i'll use for my comps ! :)

quick test on a gigabyte EP45-UD3 /Intel 8500 / Asus GT 520 / 4 GB / SSD crucial M4 :

i can boot with the usb stick i made, arrive to the instal menu, but after like 10 sec it freezes, i can start installing, but at some point it'll freezes. if i stay on the mac os instal menu, navigating in options for example, it freezes.

if i boot -x freeze also

it even freezes if i stay on the welcome menu

?

i used desktop default value, the first one

no recovery hd

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>SMbiosvendor</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMbiosversion</key>

<string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>

<key>SMboardproduct</key>

<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>

<key>SMfamily</key>

<string>MacPro</string>

<key>SMmanufacter</key>

<key>SMmanufacturer</key>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>MacPro3,1</string>

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>CK928549XYL</string>

</dict>

</plist>

it even freezes if i stay on the welcome menu

As long as you did not choose anything, should be like the original system.

Can you tell me which version of OSx is your app or dmg installer?

Micky

hi

pendrive prepared on a GA-p55 and then installed on a foxconn h67 its with i3 2015 and a nvidia gt220

just put fake... and null... on pen drive (to make it boot) and on the final HD after installation...

GE=yes, npci-0x2000,

I didn't play with power management...don't need sleep.....no DSDT...

now just trim..

didn't understand how put boot on final HD with pandora only..but installed Chameleon so everything ok...

c.frio

A new folder for custom kexts just like the acpi one would be nice. I'm trying for some time to find out how to integrate kexts into the installer but no one seams to know or at least no one answered me how.

What i mean is where to put kexts on a bootable osx installer usb to have them installed automatically to S/L/E with the system, so at first boot, have network, custom AppleHDA and such in the S/L/E

A new folder for custom kexts just like the acpi one would be nice. I'm trying for some time to find out how to integrate kexts into the installer but no one seams to know or at least no one answered me how.

What i mean is where to put kexts on a bootable osx installer usb to have them installed automatically to S/L/E with the system, so at first boot, have network, custom AppleHDA and such in the S/L/E

Hello

If I understand you correctly you want to insert the kext in usb

After preparation of the usb with Pandora

You can use app Kext Wizard and install the kext you want

It is important to select the USB

Or to customize when installing OS X

Fabio

Google Translator

Hello

If I understand you correctly you want to insert the kext in usb

After preparation of the usb with Pandora

You can use app Kext Wizard and install the kext you want

It is important to select the USB

Or to customize when installing OS X

Fabio

putting the kexts in the S/L/E of the installer does not help because the custom kexts are not copied over when installing. I want them to be copied to the S/L/E along with the OS ones.

As long as you did not choose anything, should be like the original system.

Can you tell me which version of OSx is your app or dmg installer?

legit 10.8.3 freshly downloaded from the app store

Hi, I'm new in insanelymac forum, and I thank the effort to make easier install OSx and this project for make that possible.

I think, the pandora's project is the most advanced method to install OSx in specific hardware own. In the guide of this post, I assume Pandora creates the optimal installer for specific hardware before install, but I have some question about this, that's means you can install OSx in any hardware, or you need select the right or recomended hardware before install? I say this because is more dificult instal OSx in Laptop, but Pandora offers the option for laptops, only selecting any options without take in count specific model of laptop.

I don't know if for example, is possible install Lion or Mountain Lion, in Sandy Bridge Systems, because the new Imac are Ivy Bridge Systems.

Another question, in the SMBIOS, what is the more important to choose the characteristics? I don't be sure about the model to choose and this is very important for the type of hardware for OSx installer, and is very important boot properly, the MB option, NullCPU Power Management, AHCI Injector, WIFI Injector.... I assume that options you can know in the specifications MB.

I hope help, but for now, i'm learning thanks to this forum's members, this will be my first Hackintosh.

• Like 1

putting the kexts in the S/L/E of the installer does not help because the custom kexts are not copied over when installing. I want them to be copied to the S/L/E along with the OS ones.

The intent custom kext for your hardware in signature.

When you customize the installation to find the kext for the machine.

Fabio

Google Translator

I just needed for Lnx2Mac kext to load at the first boot, and for that i need to slipstream it to S/L/E in the installer.

I apologize for not having answered right away, but I was sick (fever :censored2: )

This can also be done, but only worried when user must install only a kext plug-in or non Apple extensions. However, we'll do, Marchrius already showed me to implement such a thing...

Hi, I'm new in insanelymac forum, and I thank the effort to make easier install OSx and this project for make that possible.

I think, the pandora's project is the most advanced method to install OSx in specific hardware own. In the guide of this post, I assume Pandora creates the optimal installer for specific hardware before install, but I have some question about this, that's means you can install OSx in any hardware, or you need select the right or recomended hardware before install? I say this because is more dificult instal OSx in Laptop, but Pandora offers the option for laptops, only selecting any options without take in count specific model of laptop.

I don't know if for example, is possible install Lion or Mountain Lion, in Sandy Bridge Systems, because the new Imac are Ivy Bridge Systems.

Another question, in the SMBIOS, what is the more important to choose the characteristics? I don't be sure about the model to choose and this is very important for the type of hardware for OSx installer, and is very important boot properly, the MB option, NullCPU Power Management, AHCI Injector, WIFI Injector.... I assume that options you can know in the specifications MB.

I hope help, but for now, i'm learning thanks to this forum's members, this will be my first Hackintosh.

Sandy Bridge laptops?

Simple, choose smbios of MacbookPro8,1, with this automatic active the Intel HD3000 mobile.

Only problem when Laptop screen has more than 1400x pixels, then after serving dsdt with "Dual Link" patch for high-resolution display. Some time ago I asked Ermac to do something about it. If he does this, we will also put in Pandora.

However, during installation you have to choose all the choices for laptops, but also check the choice for NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, because there is a problem with natural power management in Sandy Bridge Systems (NullCPU is a kext that disables AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext). When you have installed and after the first boot, you can re-open Pandora, and patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement with a special option available to patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to make it working also on Sandy/Ivy Bridge CPUs (then probably also work the Sleep, and with better battery consuption etc).

AHCI injector? I do not know if you need, but if you're able to get the OSx GUI installation, then you do not need him!

However, the first time you make a Hackintosh, everything will not be perfect, ...after you will like to be able to find solutions :wink2:

I forgot to ask, is the script set to remove the TyMCE kext when selecting a MacPro smbios ?

This will be done in BETA 2

I just needed for Lnx2Mac kext to load at the first boot, and for that i need to slipstream it to S/L/E in the installer.

Option for this is already available, and kext is installed inside IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns.

Please Check

legit 10.8.3 freshly downloaded from the app store

You might try choosing retail installation on USB stick, and see if that happens anyway?

You will not see "Insanely Options", but it is curious to know if it's the same!

Micky

• Like 1

hi Micky, I sugest for you if possible add a button Smbios Model HELP when the user choose your Mac Model, some new users don`t no choose whatt model use.

Smbios Model HELP

post-333439-0-81483500-1365179571_thumb.png

You might try choosing retail installation on USB stick, and see if that happens anyway?

You will not see "Insanely Options", but it is curious to know if it's the same!

Micky

well i tried to reinstall once on the EP45 with a new usb stick. did the same.

i have reinstalled an mac os 10.7 on this mac and drive by now using other method, went fine

i tried the same usb stick on a Gigabyte P67X-UD3-B3 i had a kernel panic on instal menu, i have a pict of that if you want.

i tried the same usb stick on a Gigabyte P67X-UD3-B3 i had a kernel panic on instal menu, i have a pict of that if you want.

Yes, this would really help, if it contains data about the error

thanks

@dazz, HPET also shows an error, you have a DSDT with that section patched?

I can propose to try to patch AppleRTC.kext on Pandora USB Installer, and try again with vanilla HPET section (if have dsdt)?

Micky