Pandora's Box (Beta1 Testing)

Micky1979

140 posts in this topic

Under costruction

Lo Staff di InsanelyMac è lieto di presentare Pandora's-Box.app

Pandora è un nuovo Tool che permette di creare il tuo sistema di istallazione partendo dall'immagine di Lion o Mountain Lion per sviluppatori e con le rispettive app (Installa OS X Mountain Lion.app oppure Installa Mac OS X Lion.app, non importa quale versione Retail o GM avete al momento), in più ha già con sè la soluzione di Post-Installazione che Vi permetterà di mantere le modifiche apportate anche dopo un ComboUpdate.

Fino a qui nulla di speciale, ma capirete subito che Pandorà offre molto di più, in quanto vi permetterà di personalizzare da subito le minime cose che vi permetteranno di avviare facilmente su quello che sarà il vostro Hack:

Alla prima apertura dell'applicazione l'interfaccia di Pandora, vi mostrerà la due semplici opzioni:

senzatitolohc.png

Installer per le due versioni di OS X Lion e Mountain Lion serve per creare una USB o un immagine DVD.

Cliccando sull'icona dell'Installer si aprirà in automatico sia il Terminale che la cartella ACPI per copiare DSDT-SSDT, fatta questa operazione inserite la Password nel Terminale quindi clic su Invio.

senzatitolo1sx.png

Fabio

Create DVD and/or RecoveryHD-ready image (both USB and DVD compatible)

Create DVD image

The steps for creating the iso are similar if not identical to those of the creation of the pendrive (USB).

You just have to choose option 2 from the menu pictured below:

http://www.insanelym...ttach_id=121303

Once this is done you can continue the development of your image with the instructions from the first post Micky1979.

Create RecoveryHD

In order to create the Recovery partition you choose "Y" when you are asked (see image below):

http://www.insanelym...ttach_id=121328

Be careful though, you can create the Recovery partition on only one disk partitioned as GUID Partition Table (GPT). This does not depend on us but on the tools made ​​available by Apple.

It should be noted that the script file download from internet RecoveryHDUpdate.dmg (for a total of about 452 MB) to retrieve needed files. If you already have the file you can copy it in the folder mentioned above and follow the instructions on the first post. This will create everything you need to create the RecoveryHD with the version file used to create the USB/DVD.

• Like 4

OSX INSTALL: RUNNING AND USING YOUR PANDORA BUILT INSTALLER

Set your PC's BIOS to boot from USB or DVD, depending on what type of installer you created. Once your installer boots, you will see this screen. This GUI screen is the Enoch branch of the Chameleon bootloader. From here, choose the Pandora installer and press enter on your keyboard to boot.

post-674334-0-26762200-1363548230_thumb.png

Wait for the OSx installer to load. Once it has finished booting you should arrive at the first OSx screen. Here choose your language to continue:

post-674334-0-22582100-1363548321_thumb.png

You should now see an Install confirmation screen with the InsanelyMac logo. At his time, if you already have a properly formatted partition ready to install onto, you can click yes and continue on to the next screen.

If you still need to create a partition to install to, from the menu bar above, click on "utilities" and choose "Disk Utility" from the drop down list to launch OSx's hard drive utility and format a new partition or entire hard drive to install onto. You can install onto a drive with either a GUID orMBR partitioning scheme, but the file system you choose for your OSx partition needs to be "Mac OS Extended Journaled" also known as NFS+. Another important note, while you can install to a drive with an MBR partition scheme, which means is you have a Windows installation on the same disk you can still combine an OSx installation partition onto the same hard drive, you will need to have created these partitions ahead of time as OSx's Disk Utility.app is not capable of making changes to a hard drive that already contain a Windows file formatted (NTFS) partition, without completely reformatting and erasing it first. Once you have your new partition ready, quit Disk Utility and continue past the install confirmation screen.

post-674334-0-90018300-1363548330_thumb.png

Here you will see a list of available partitions, chose the once you want to install OSx to, and you can now also choose to further customize you installation

post-674334-0-20376100-1363548533_thumb.png

Insanely Options .... here you'll find a number of different options that can be used to enable hardware found on most PC's or Notebook computers

post-674334-0-68138100-1363548415_thumb.png post-674334-0-07320600-1363548425_thumb.png

The categories that contain further options are: Bootloader, Audio, Network, USB, Laptop Support, CMOS, Disk, Video and Applications for your Hack

Now moving onto the actual installation, you have the opportunity to open the Installation Summary log. At the end of the installation process you can then save a "log" of the installation you just made. If you think possible problems may have occurred, this log file can be given to us for review and can help assess if something went wrong during the installation!

post-674334-0-91187100-1363548762_thumb.png post-674334-0-51983000-1363549102_thumb.png

Note: The Summary of Installation will be saved within 10 seconds

post-674334-0-79203900-1363548878_thumb.png

otherwise ... it will restart automatically!

Now you should be able to boot into your new OSx installation! When you boot for the first time, you'll see a copy of the Pandora's Box application already available in your Applications folder or accessible via LaunchPad, along with optional applications you may have chosen to include from the "Insanely Options" choices made earlier

post-674334-0-40506800-1363548893_thumb.png

• Like 11

Hi all,

before we begin, I want to thank InsanelyMac and my colleagues and all participants in the Project!

This project may have a great development, and was born developing the initial work of ErmaC in Lionize. My only idea was to create on the fly the "Pandora System", and through the contributions of Ermac and Marchrius that are an essential part of the Pandora's engine. Together we have laid the foundation for a fascinating Tool integrated into the app you see now, thought by eep357 and TH3L4UGH1NGM4N.

But now, I want to thank as "Men", Alessandro17 and Ermac for allowing me to work on a project like this, which I feel a friend of them.

Micky1979

• Like 8

Hi Micky1979

Looking through the package contents I see there's been a large amount of work gone in to this. Is it going to be possible to provide a list of credits for everyone responsible for each patch, kext, tool etc?

With regards to Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/Insanelymac/PKG/Applications/DarwinDumper.app.zip

Can you include the latest version?

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Micky1979

Looking through the package contents I see there's been a large amount of work gone in to this. Is it going to be possible to provide a list of credits for everyone responsible for each patch, kext, tool etc?

With regards to Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/Insanelymac/PKG/Applications/DarwinDumper.app.zip

Thanks

Of course, I hope that we can agree to this.

After a short break, and collected some feedback, Pandora.app will be updated regularly, and we will focus in doing this.

It 's Pandora Team intention, give all the necessary credits, if someone lacks safe will be added! In Pandora.app any packages inside was created by the Pandora Team, including scripts.

Please wait for the next upcoming release

• Like 1

Hi Micky1979

Thanks

Yes, and no. For any included files, kexts, tools that is the intent. Adding and adjusting all the descriptions is still ongoing...Then comes doing it all again in every other language. Since I'd expect there will be many contributions made by users in bug fixes, and numerous other improvements to the app itself as time goes on, which could number in hundreds maybe, it may be difficult to include everyone in that credit list. We'll see, I too have to remind myself: beta, beta, beta. So many things I think now may change or be wrong.

Of course, I hope that we can agree to this.

After a short break, and collected some feedback, Pandora.app will be updated regularly, and we will focus in doing this.

It 's Pandora Team intention, give all the necessary credits, if someone lacks safe will be added! In Pandora.app any packages inside was created by the Pandora Team, including scripts.

Please wait for the next upcoming release

Yes, and no. For any included files, kexts, tools that is the intent. Adding and adjusting all the descriptions is still ongoing...Then comes doing it all again in every other language. Since I'd expect there will be many contributions made by users in bug fixes, and numerous other improvements to the app itself as time goes on, which could number in hundreds maybe, it may be difficult to include everyone in that credit list. We'll see, I too have to remind myself: beta, beta, beta. So many things I think now may change or be wrong.

Hi Micky1979 & eep357

Thanks for your replies.

I have no problem with DarwinDumper being included in your project, in fact I think it's a good idea that it is included, I just wanted to suggest you used the most recent version.

I understand this is an early release and things will undoubtedly change as this matures. I was only pointing out my initial thoughts when I saw this. Don't get me wrong, I think what you guys are doing is great and anything that gives users an alternative to the "beast" tools is a good thing. I just remember one of the issues with tony mac was he never gave credit for anything so I just didn't want to see this get tarnished in the same way before it's even got off the ground. eep357's reply to 3.14r2's question about the downloads section is spot on and should apply here too.

So keep up the good work and I look forward to watching this evolve.

I still haven't actually run this yet as I have my system all up an running so I don't have a need to, but I was familiar with Erma C's previous lionize script so I get an idea of what it does. Maybe when I come to do a re-install I may try it.

Regards

blackosx

• Like 2

OSX INSTALL: RUNNING AND USING YOUR PANDORA BUILT INSTALLER

Set your PC's BIOS to boot from USB or DVD, depending on what type of installer you created. Once your installer boots, you will see this screen. This GUI screen is the Enoch branch of the Chameleon bootloader. From here, choose the Pandora installer and press enter on your keyboard to boot.

post-674334-0-26762200-1363548230_thumb.png

Wait for the OSx installer to load. Once it has finished booting you should arrive at the first OSx screen. Here choose your language to continue:

post-674334-0-22582100-1363548321_thumb.png

You should now see an Install confirmation screen with the InsanelyMac logo. At his time, if you already have a properly formatted partition ready to install onto, you can click yes and continue on to the next screen.

If you still need to create a partition to install to, from the menu bar above, click on "utilities" and choose "Disk Utility" from the drop down list to launch OSx's hard drive utility and format a new partition or entire hard drive to install onto. You can install onto a drive with either a GUID orMBR partitioning scheme, but the file system you choose for your OSx partition needs to be "Mac OS Extended Journaled" also known as NFS+. Another important note, while you can install to a drive with an MBR partition scheme, which means is you have a Windows installation on the same disk you can still combine an OSx installation partition onto the same hard drive, you will need to have created these partitions ahead of time as OSx's Disk Utility.app is not capable of making changes to a hard drive that already contain a Windows file formatted (NTFS) partition, without completely reformatting and erasing it first. Once you have your new partition ready, quit Disk Utility and continue past the install confirmation screen.

post-674334-0-90018300-1363548330_thumb.png

Here you will see a list of available partitions, chose the once you want to install OSx to, and you can now also choose to further customize you installation

post-674334-0-20376100-1363548533_thumb.png

Insanely Options .... here you'll find a number of different options that can be used to enable hardware found on most PC's or Notebook computers

post-674334-0-68138100-1363548415_thumb.png post-674334-0-07320600-1363548425_thumb.png

The categories that contain further options are: Bootloader, Audio, Network, USB, Laptop Support, CMOS, Disk, Video and Applications for your Hack

Now moving onto the actual installation, you have the opportunity to open the Installation Summary log. At the end of the installation process you can then save a "log" of the installation you just made. If you think possible problems may have occurred, this log file can be given to us for review and can help assess if something went wrong during the installation!

post-674334-0-91187100-1363548762_thumb.png post-674334-0-51983000-1363549102_thumb.png

Note: The Summary of Installation will be saved within 10 seconds

post-674334-0-79203900-1363548878_thumb.png

otherwise ... it will restart automatically!

Now you should be able to boot into your new OSx installation! When you boot for the first time, you'll see a copy of the Pandora's Box application already available in your Applications folder or accessible via LaunchPad, along with optional applications you may have chosen to include from the "Insanely Options" choices made earlier

post-674334-0-40506800-1363548893_thumb.png

:hammer: Epp ...why if click on your image thumb...i see

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

• Like 1

Attention for all user ..if have problem your pc restart when start with pen drive , edited your org.plist

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v npci=0x2000</string>

If dont have permission for edited it , put on destktop and edited, of course after copy and paste in Extra folder

:hammer: Epp ...why if click on your image thumb...i see

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

Sorry! That video is from Italian version, updated images will be coming.

Attention for all user ..if have problem your pc restart when start with pen drive , edited your org.plist

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v npci=0x2000</string>

If dont have permission for edited it , put on destktop and edited, of course after copy and paste in Extra folder

Same problem...

Thanks Magnifico, to notice this.

In the first installation made with Pandora, OSx installer that assigns permissions to the Extra folder located in the root, as other files that are in there!

However, you can try running Kext Utility, included with every installation, and I think this problem will go away. You can do this test?

Micky

Hi Micky1979 & eep357

Thanks for your replies.

I have no problem with DarwinDumper being included in your project, in fact I think it's a good idea that it is included, I just wanted to suggest you used the most recent version.

I understand this is an early release and things will undoubtedly change as this matures. I was only pointing out my initial thoughts when I saw this. Don't get me wrong, I think what you guys are doing is great and anything that gives users an alternative to the "beast" tools is a good thing. I just remember one of the issues with tony mac was he never gave credit for anything so I just didn't want to see this get tarnished in the same way before it's even got off the ground. eep357's reply to 3.14r2's question about the downloads section is spot on and should apply here too.

I still haven't actually run this yet as I have my system all up an running so I don't have a need to, but I was familiar with Erma C's previous lionize script so I get an idea of what it does. Maybe when I come to do a re-install I may try it.

Regards

blackosx

Thanks for that.

You are absolutely right, and what you suggest be done, just a little bit of time (a little).

I agree that OSx86 scene (the real one), should work together, but to do this I never thought how to accomplish this. Unfortunately I do not do politics in this sense, because my personally thought, is usually free from malice. Although my feelings recognize when something is wrong

Micky

Hi Micky1979 & eep357

Thanks for your replies.

Regards

blackosx

To me, making sure credits are included on these things is a very top priority. Even understanding it's very early beta, this was a mistake for them not to all be updated even in this is early first release version. My apologies, is my fault as I should have double checked on this very thing first. Your understanding and updated version are both much appreciated!

Sorry! That video is from Italian version, updated images will be coming.

well ... :wink2:

Mhmmmm strange ...i have this problem

I installed the vodoohda first, then I tried to patch Hda and the voodoo and 'disappeared from SLE, but I noticed that the application VoodooHdaSettingsLoader.app not' disappeared from general use, why?

Hei Miscel , sorry for my bad english

well ... :wink2:

Mhmmmm strange ...i have this problem

I installed the vodoohda first, then I tried to patch Hda and the voodoo and 'disappeared from SLE, but I noticed that the application VoodooHdaSettingsLoader.app not' disappeared from general use, why?

Hei Miscel , sorry for my bad english

Thanks again Magnifico, check the script, and let you know in a short time

Micky