Realtek WLAN Client Utility Facelift

16 posts in this topic

I have updated the Realtek WLAN Client Utility aka. Wireless Network Utility (Version 2.0.1).

Before:

post-356777-0-47018000-1363439462_thumb.png

After:

post-356777-0-88413500-1363439546_thumb.png

Instructions:

Backup

/Applications/Wireless Network Utility.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/MainMenu.nib

and replace it with the file in the attached zip.

MainMenu.nib.zip

• Like 4

offtopic: Is there no way to use such Apps like Airradar with that WLAN USB? No WLAN (Mac) App seems to work with non buildin WLans, because Framewaork/driver of Apple isnt used with Realtec WLAN USB Stick?

offtopic: Is there no way to use such Apps like Airradar with that WLAN USB? No WLAN (Mac) App seems to work with non buildin WLans, because Framewaork/driver of Apple isnt used with Realtec WLAN USB Stick?

For Mac OS these WLAN USB sticks are just like wired network interfaces.

I have updated the Realtek WLAN Client Utility aka. Wireless Network Utility (Version 2.0.1).

Before:

post-356777-0-47018000-1363439462_thumb.png

After:

post-356777-0-88413500-1363439546_thumb.png

Instructions:

Backup

/Applications/Wireless Network Utility.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/MainMenu.nib

and replace it with the file in the attached zip.

Thanks it looks good! Can you please tell us how you did it (what steps)? Did you have to decompile the original application? I am just starting with XCode and any pointers would be useful :) Thanks!!

Thanks it looks good! Can you please tell us how you did it (what steps)? Did you have to decompile the original application? I am just starting with XCode and any pointers would be useful :) Thanks!!

I used https://github.com/akahan/Nib-Decompiler to decompile the nib file and xcode to modify the nib. The actual code remained unchanged.

• Like 2

I

It does :-)

Excellent work - All I ever wanted from this client was to 'AutoHide' on boot up.

BTW - The 'Minimise' (Hide ) yellow button has disappeared from the GUI. Any chance of bringing back?

Cheers

Edit: The red button does hide it - Shouldn't the Red Button be a 'QUIT' function ?

Excellent work - All I ever wanted from this client was to 'AutoHide' on boot up.

BTW - The 'Minimise' (Hide ) yellow button has disappeared from the GUI. Any chance of bringing back?

Cheers

Edit: The red button does hide it - Shouldn't the Red Button be a 'QUIT' function ?

You typically don't want to quit this application, since this also terminated the connection. You can still quit it from the dock menu.

BTW: ESC hides it as well.

You typically don't want to quit this application, since this also terminated the connection. You can still quit it from the dock menu.

BTW: ESC hides it as well.

Yes, you are right. I was just being pedantic and would have wished the new version to preserve the original button function.

Thanks again.