11 replies to this topic

nankura

nankura

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
hey guys

im just wondering if anyone has had a successful install with ML 10.8.3 and an ATi 7xxx series graphic's card, from what i've read is that 10.8.3 is just an update, so having a 7xxx series card i would wonder how you would install ML and then update to that release rather than getting a bootloader/iso and installing mac os x

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
yup. use -x until updated

nankura

nankura

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
is there a guide on how to use -x, alot of guide's i find either require linux software to make the usb/bootloader/kernel or are just a tad complicated

khe91

khe91

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
type -x at the boot prompt

nankura

nankura

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I have an AMD system. ive already confirmed my processor/most of my hardware will work, the only issue holding me back was my graphic's card, its the HD 7770, but now im stuck with most guides on creating a bootable USB with chameleon/Mac ML are written assuming you have mac on vm or already installed with an older version

so im after a guide for making a bootable ML USB Drive. with the chameleon loader/AMD kernel from windows or linux

hacbookpro

hacbookpro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 73 posts

is there a guide on how to use -x, alot of guide's i find either require linux software to make the usb/bootloader/kernel or are just a tad complicated

That's X as in a http://en.wikipedia....nd_architecture
What you are after is -x as in booting OSX in safe mode. Simply type -x into the bootloader before the computer boots.

nankura

nankura

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
yea, ive figured that part out, the problem is finding a bootloader along with an AMD kernel, and getting all of this onto a bootable Mountain Lion USB through tools in windows, all the guides are catered to you already having a mac

nankura

nankura

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
is there anybody out there willing to make a guide for newcomers who have windows to get mac going? especially with the 8.3 update and AMD hardware

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,894 posts
There's an AMD development section with a help topic. You're asking the wrong place.

All the best.

P.S.: your card will only work without workarounds like the sleep trick - and sleep is kinda problematic with AMD - if you use Clover UEFI as your bootloader. Does your motherboard support UEFI?

To make your USB installer: http://www.insanelym...-for-beginners/ (you'll have to include the amd_kernel on it after it's done).

nankura

nankura

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
that guide is great but the only problem is that it assume's you already have mac in a virtual machine or installed somewhere. i only have windows right now

basically right now, all i have is a computer with linux and windows, and a MAC OS X 10.8 installation ISO ( converted from dmg ) ready to be burned and installed. but im not sure were to go from there

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,894 posts
Download Virtualbox and try to install there. Then, when everything is up and running, make your USB installer for native (HDD) installation. Ask for help in the appropriate place.

All the best!

Guest: minty_lite_*

Guest: minty_lite_*
  • Guests
I saw this one Niresh's OS X 10.8.2 With AMD Support using Vaio Y

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy