ATi 7xxx series and 10.8.3

nankura

12 posts in this topic

hey guys

im just wondering if anyone has had a successful install with ML 10.8.3 and an ATi 7xxx series graphic's card, from what i've read is that 10.8.3 is just an update, so having a 7xxx series card i would wonder how you would install ML and then update to that release rather than getting a bootloader/iso and installing mac os x

I have an AMD system. ive already confirmed my processor/most of my hardware will work, the only issue holding me back was my graphic's card, its the HD 7770, but now im stuck with most guides on creating a bootable USB with chameleon/Mac ML are written assuming you have mac on vm or already installed with an older version

so im after a guide for making a bootable ML USB Drive. with the chameleon loader/AMD kernel from windows or linux

is there a guide on how to use -x, alot of guide's i find either require linux software to make the usb/bootloader/kernel or are just a tad complicated

That's X as in a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Window_System_protocols_and_architecture

What you are after is -x as in booting OSX in safe mode. Simply type -x into the bootloader before the computer boots.

yea, ive figured that part out, the problem is finding a bootloader along with an AMD kernel, and getting all of this onto a bootable Mountain Lion USB through tools in windows, all the guides are catered to you already having a mac

There's an AMD development section with a help topic. You're asking the wrong place.

All the best.

P.S.: your card will only work without workarounds like the sleep trick - and sleep is kinda problematic with AMD - if you use Clover UEFI as your bootloader. Does your motherboard support UEFI?

To make your USB installer: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-mountain-lion-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/ (you'll have to include the amd_kernel on it after it's done).

that guide is great but the only problem is that it assume's you already have mac in a virtual machine or installed somewhere. i only have windows right now

basically right now, all i have is a computer with linux and windows, and a MAC OS X 10.8 installation ISO ( converted from dmg ) ready to be burned and installed. but im not sure were to go from there