• 17 posts
I update it bu my ati7750 display not install

fau7i

fau7i

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Hi, another flawless update. I used delta update on Z77 + IGPU. Everything in previous setup seems working. Currently, trying to figure out with HD 7870 XT.

RobertX

RobertX

Yosemite Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
just to conclude my earlier post...the usb i install from will only boot in safe mode as well... clover and chameleon both show the same "waiting for system mapper" hang ...although it shows installation complete :smoke: i'll have to try another installer...oh well

Edit: seems this may be a graphics issue (GT 430) as even in safe mode i get native speedstepping right away... Geforce.kext is the culprit i think... :worried_anim:

SS01

SS01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Personally I'm holding off as long as possible.

I suppose nobody has a spare GTX Titan to test?

http://www.newegg.ca...N82E16814121724

EDIT: Oops, it was the Quadro that they added support for, not the Titan. Ignore this post. :worried_anim:

plsh2me

plsh2me

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Oh by the way, you have a laptop with ATICard, right?
Please, check your DVDPlayer with any battery kext. Try to put some sort of DVDdisk to your laptop. And give me a feedback.

Looks ok... :)
No problem detected while playing DVD.
Attached File  dvd.jpg   91.52KB   42 downloads

Thank you
Palash

Alex Auditore

Alex Auditore

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 706 posts

Looks ok... :)
No problem detected while playing DVD.
Thank you
Palash

Thank you that answer me but I said not to lanch AppleDVDPlayer,
Namely you must put DVD-disk into your computet, or try to play something straight with the hard disk.
I also have no problem with the launching of DVDPlayer.
But all problems appears when I trying to play my movies. Not just launch DVDPlayer.

ncmontas

ncmontas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
10.8.3 combo update updated fine . . . . . . .

clarktim

clarktim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
10.8.3 update from AppStore worked fine for me. Everything "seems" to be OK.

Anubis111

Anubis111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Upgrade from 10.8.2. After update /via Appstore/ all work OK.
ASUS PK5PL-CM, PENTIUM DUAL E2180, NVIDIA 9500 GL, SOUND - VOODOO.

Greetings :)

plsh2me

plsh2me

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Thank you that answer me but I said not to lanch AppleDVDPlayer,
Namely you must put DVD-disk into your computet, or try to play something straight with the hard disk.
I also have no problem with the launching of DVDPlayer.
But all problems appears when I trying to play my movies. Not just launch DVDPlayer.

Yes I have checked with a DVD-disk and it run without problems.

I guess the problem you are saying, have faced once.

http://www.insanelym...n/#entry1655903

If I patch the kexts using new method- occours DVD error(on OSX 10.8.2; on OSX 10.8.3 not tested), old method - everything goes fine.

Thank you
Palash

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,857 posts
  • Interests:Programming stuff for Mac OS X...
    Hacking...
    Hard rock (also really big Metallica...
10.8.3 update succes.
No issues here.
New AppleHDA after patching works great too.

Huckleberry Pie

Huckleberry Pie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
Silly question, but how do we patch the new AppleHDA?

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
I have 10.8.3 up and running on my HPEnvy 17t-3200 with no problems. However, it is still using the Intel HD4000 GPU. Can anyone confirm whether there is support yet for the AMD Radeon 7850M? I don't see support for it yet in Chameleon but I do see my Vendor ID and Product ID in the info.plist for the Controller and Framebuffer kexts.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,236 posts
  • Interests:AKern@RampageDev.com

I have 10.8.3 up and running on my HPEnvy 17t-3200 with no problems. However, it is still using the Intel HD4000 GPU. Can anyone confirm whether there is support yet for the AMD Radeon 7850M? I don't see support for it yet in Chameleon but I do see my Vendor ID and Product ID in the info.plist for the Controller and Framebuffer kexts.

Can you turn off HD4000 in the BIOS? If you can not then you will never be able to use the card under Mac OS X.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 3,028 posts
If OSX can switch between discrete and integrated graphics on non-Apple hardware, mnfesq, i've never heard about it, so i'll assume it's not possible.

Thus, the solution for you to use your 7850M is to turn off the Intel HD4000 in the BIOS. Did you try that? Do it and please post the results here.

All the best!

P.S.: Well, Rampage was faster than me, as usual! :D

Alex Auditore

Alex Auditore

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 706 posts

Yes I have checked with a DVD-disk and it run without problems.

I guess the problem you are saying, have faced once.

http://www.insanelym...n/#entry1655903

If I patch the kexts using new method- occours DVD error(on OSX 10.8.2; on OSX 10.8.3 not tested), old method - everything goes fine.

Thank you
Palash

What the difference between New and old methed?, but it isn't so important.
My video is injected by correct frambuffer and dsdt or more exactly VideoBios placed in DSDT.
Without any battery kext my DVDPlayers runs without any problems. Therefore I think that it is not sin of Frambuffer. And also in the Lion I didn't have any problem with DVDPlayer
ML get rid of one problem was shuffling line at HDMI, and give me another with DVDPlayer
Would you be so kind as to give me your IOreg and battery kext
I use this battery
https://github.com/R...tBatteryManager

RobertX

RobertX

Yosemite Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
...well, finally a normal startup :smoke:
...and i'm not entirely sure why... first off, i switched fakesmc.kext with ANV's appledecrypt.kext, rebooted again to safe mode...while in safe mode i edited info.plist of geforce.kext adding the line osbundlerequired/string/root at the end of the file, so it would load in safe mode(that gave me graphics acceleration in safe mode on a restart) finally, in a last-ditch attempt i plugged in the usb installer and booted from it(using 1 at boot to use chameleon) to the new installation, using bootflags at boot prompt -v -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes and presto! a clean boot without -x...now to figure out why this worked :weight_lift:

...and this from console

Spoiler

..now i'm a bit worried about restarting :worried_anim:

...used this script to enable OpenCL:

sudo perl -pi -e '$c+=s/\x8b\x81\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\xeb\x06\x8b\x81\x20\x0c\x00\x00/\xb8\x02\x00\x00\x00\x90\xeb\x06\xb8\x00\x00\x00\x00\x90/; END { printf "%s: %d substitution%s made.\n",($c==1 ? "Success" : "Error"),$c,(!$c || $c>1 ? "s" : ""); $?=($c!=1); }' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

edit:seems that i am loading fakesmc from the installer usb and appledecrypt from my extensions folder(fakesmc shows up in ioregistryexplorer...appledecrypt also shows loaded in system information :wallbash:

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,532 posts

Silly question, but how do we patch the new AppleHDA?

This patch script (big thanks to bcc9) worked for me in 10.8.2 and 10.8.3: http://www.insanelym...60#entry1840394
New Thread: http://www.insanelym...-for-osx107108/ (now executable shell script).

plsh2me

plsh2me

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

What the difference between New and old methed?, but it isn't so important.
My video is injected by correct frambuffer and dsdt or more exactly VideoBios placed in DSDT.
Without any battery kext my DVDPlayers runs without any problems. Therefore I think that it is not sin of Frambuffer. And also in the Lion I didn't have any problem with DVDPlayer
ML get rid of one problem was shuffling line at HDMI, and give me another with DVDPlayer
Would you be so kind as to give me your IOreg and battery kext
I use this battery
https://github.com/R...tBatteryManager

Old method is best for all, cause process of working exact framebuffer personality as one have, with no doubt.
I attached my ioreg and battery kext for you.
Attached File  ioreg n battery.zip   521.71KB   3 downloads

Thank you
Palash

RobertX

RobertX

Yosemite Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
:smoke: ...well well well, what a pain...finally booting without usb hdd... using chameleon wizard i installed boot0md to my windows 8 partition(on a separate hdd) and can choose my mac partition(on another hdd e-sata) from the windows 8 bootloader...system does a restart, boot0: done, and i'm looking at the barebones chameleon 2187 boot screen(just text, no background theme, from there i can enter bootflags -v -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes and here i am :angel_not:

here is my bdmesg, for the curious

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy