10.8.3 iS OuT ..

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,409 posts
New structure in Power Management (aka speedstep) from IORegistryExplorer. This is what I have for my iHack9,1 (early 2009, C2D cpu):
Attached File  Captura de pantalla 2013-03-15 a la(s) 15.11.01.png   241.85KB   136 downloads

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,796 posts
Hi!

New CUDA drivers up and running in both the 9400M (ION) netbook and the 9800GT of my main machine. But then again, i never got that required update message.

Can someone confirm if the IntelHD 4000 reports less VRAM, as said before here in the thread, since the update? Because i just checked here and it's reporting 512MB of VRAM, as usual.

Best regards!

Moviemakergr

Moviemakergr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Clean install 10.8.3 with Smbios Mac pro 5.1 on 3570k (XMP 1) and GTX 660 Gpu.
Much better power management (i think) on ivy bridge goes the Geekbench 1200 points + More.

Confirm again on my second HTPC with 3220 and Gt 430 with Mac mini 6.1 smbios i have +800p more

Attached Files

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,796 posts

Clean install 10.8.3 with Smbios Mac pro 5.1 on 3570k (XMP 1) and GTX 660 Gpu.
Much better power management (i think) on ivy bridge goes the Geekbench 1200 points + More.

Amazing! With iMac 12,2, the higher i get at stock clock is 11.200. Do you use a custom SSDT for Ivy Bridge PM?

Best regards!

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,385 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello

sorry but i think that benchs are low...

with a ivy bridge cpu, something is wrong with it...

the Mac Pro must have something near to 13000 / 14000

and 8400 some sandy have better bench...

and with that cpu must use imac13,1 or 13,2

is only a opinion

good hack

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,796 posts
13.000 + with a i5 3570K at stock speed, Artur?!

I beg your pardon, but i've never seen anyone with a score that high with a 3570K without some overclocking. Remember - it's an i5: no hyperthreading.

All the best!

P.S.: and you're correct about iMac 13,x being the right smBIOS. I myself don't change mine for sheer laziness: i'd have to redo the iMessage fix.

XLR

XLR

2cores1cpu.mov

• Donators
  • 885 posts
Properly working 3770 stock speed with 1600Mhz dual channel memory should be around 14200 in Geekbench.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,796 posts
Yeah, but that would be a i7 3770, not a i5 3570K: i think Artur messed it up, hehehe... the 11800 result of moviemakergr with a i5 3570K is rather awesome. I've never got past 11.200 and used to brag about how fast it was at stock clock.

All the best!

My latest result: Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-15 at 6.14.18 PM.png   279.89KB   40 downloads

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
AGPM Changed to default just add graphics card ids to plist in the kext

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Also Nvidia cards seem to have a 20-30 percent OpenCl performance drop after the update. Anyone else notice lower scores in Lumark, Waves, other? Any tests on adobe open CL / Cuda apps in 10.8.3?

I got a 25fps or so boost in performance in Oceanwave with mine. I only know this because I posted the previous score in the Oceanwave thread recently.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,796 posts
It's rather unfortunate i didn't record my recent benchmark results with 10.8.2 on any of my hacks... if there's performance losses/gains, that should be confirmed and highly advertised.

Best regards!

Long Cat

Long Cat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Just updated my hack. Reinstalled sound and DVD player and all is working well.

GeekBench scores are within the same range that they were under 10.8.2, there's been no noticeable change for me.

Unfortunately the updated graphics drivers in this release perform worse than the older ones with my card/ system - some UI animations are no longer as smooth etc etc. This hasn't got anything to do with OSX, just the drivers from Nvidia. I got the same results when I upgraded them under 10.8.2. I'll have to look into downgrading them back to the old versions if possible, I’ll admit I’m not sure on this one.

Amazingly though, about as much as 30 sec has been shaved off my boot time. Before I estimate it was about 40-50, now it's down to just 20. Obviously something was wrong with my previous setup and, luckily for me, 10.8.3 has corrected this. Anyone else had a similar experience or know what may have caused this to happen?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,796 posts
Interesting, Long Cat!

Unfortunately, no such effect for me. In fact, since i upgraded to Mountain Lion, i haven't been able to use kernel cache, so the boot times aren't as good as they could potentially be. That's sad, because the boot time of my i5 rig is already quite fast.

Best regards!

Moviemakergr

Moviemakergr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Amazing! With iMac 12,2, the higher i get at stock clock is 11.200. Do you use a custom SSDT for Ivy Bridge PM?

Best regards!

No nothing special.. i Have not SSDT on my extra folder.
Just make new installation on 10.8.0 and direct combo update on 10.8.3 nothing else.
The normaly benches for 3570k is 9750 - 10500 max and for 3220 7300 - 7450 about
The only thing I changed is the profile 1 on XMP (1600Mhz)
But that I had before.

UpDate
I thought I found the difference.
The turbo ratio is Unlock and no need SSDT
Try that to understand the difference
Attached File  2013-03-16 07.21.47.jpg   118.49KB   72 downloads

..and here is the results and my extra folder without SSDT
Attached File  O:C.jpeg   150.76KB   66 downloads

Maybe we see overclocking on new Mac Pro.. :fiery: :)

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts

doof, on 15 March 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

"Also Nvidia cards seem to have a 20-30 percent OpenCl performance drop after the update. Anyone else notice lower scores in Lumark, Waves, other? Any tests on adobe open CL / Cuda apps in 10.8.3?"

I got a 25fps or so boost in performance in Oceanwave with mine. I only know this because I posted the previous score in the Oceanwave thread recently.

For me near same OpenCL speed. To be sure / valide try more than one OpenCL bench (Wave, Luxmark,..). 20-30% diff would be huge - for my knowledge never happend by OS X updates. It can be that in such case the AGPM changed (overwritten modded AGPM) and thats the reason for the diff - GPU wents slower / not to fastest gpu clock.
Mostly OS X updates (in the past) changed OpenCL "feeling" in general, means the known benches / Apps running well OR made trouble on some gpu types = crashes or wrong results running OpenCL.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,796 posts
Well, guys: i think 10.8.3 finally reared its ugly head for me:

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-16 at 12.22.38 AM.png   28.23KB   14 downloads

All the best!

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,291 posts

AGPM Changed to default just add graphics card ids to plist in the kext

Dont work ...mhmmm

Long Cat

Long Cat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Interesting, Long Cat!

Unfortunately, no such effect for me. In fact, since i upgraded to Mountain Lion, i haven't been able to use kernel cache, so the boot times aren't as good as they could potentially be. That's sad, because the boot time of my i5 rig is already quite fast.

Best regards!

My estimates were actually a bit off. I restored 10.8.2, timed it, then re-applied the 10.8.3 update and timed again. Times are taken from the boot loader, not power on.

10.8.2: 35 sec
10.8.3: 14 sec

Very pleased, but also a little puzzled. If it helps, I'm on a x79 system. Windows boots in about 18 sec so I always suspected something was causing OSX to boot slower than it should. Oh well...

Seems this update has also fixed the occasional problems I would have with popping/ stuttering sound. Although it wasn't a consistent problem, it only reared it's head now and again. We'll have to wait and see.

So, all in all, better boot time plus a minor issue potentially solved, with no negative side effects discovered (yet).

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,796 posts
Well, would you mind to tell me how do you do to use the kernel cache? Don't need to elaborate much, so we don't hijack the topic.

All the best!

plsh2me

plsh2me

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
New release new patch :weight_lift:

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v, All ok !!!

Attached File  ATI HD 550v.jpg   336.16KB   65 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy