28 replies to this topic

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Unfortunately I am at work, and...

It's not unfortunate to have a job, it's good to have a job :)

Jokes aside. Xcode is included with each and every OS X disk/Image. If you have SL DVD, then you could install the SL version from the disk.

com.apple.Boot.plist is also located (the original that OS X on Macs uses) in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration.

xj0hnx

xj0hnx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Family, computers, guns, home theater/audio/video, and remote controlled helicopters.
Actually it is good to have a job :) I will try to install it from my disc when I get home, I just remember that I downloaded a version that would not install, I think it had some updated too that I wanted is why I DL'ed the version I have.

I'll look for the right com.apple.Boot.plist when I get home. So it doesn't use the one that's in /Extra?

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • 1,333 posts

I'll look for the right com.apple.Boot.plist when I get home. So it doesn't use the one that's in /Extra?

I don't know. This is the only other place (except /Extra) where this file should be located. By default, if you use a properly installed Chameleon, it should use the one that is located in /Extra, not the system one.

xj0hnx

xj0hnx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Family, computers, guns, home theater/audio/video, and remote controlled helicopters.
Here's the one from /Library/Preferences/system configuration.

By default, if you use a properly installed Chameleon, it should use the one that is located in /Extra, not the system one.

I have a vanilla install off the retail disc, used ib0ot to install, and MB after install for the set up stuff, don't know if this makes a difference.

Attached Files

xj0hnx

xj0hnx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I am considering copying my applications/user folder to one of my HDD's, and doing a reinstall with the tools from here. This time though I will e installing on my SSD over my Windows install, and then reinstalling Windows on the Raptor. This way if there's any thing I need to post about the utilities will e from here instead of tm's site.

Are there any issues installing on a SSD? Specifically an Intel 335 series?

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • 1,333 posts

Are there any issues installing on a SSD? Specifically an Intel 335 series?

None that I'm aware of.

xj0hnx

xj0hnx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
So I looked in the com.apple.Boot.plist I attached, and there's not much of anything in it ...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
</dict>
</plist>

Shouldn't there's be ..."stuff" in there?

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • 1,333 posts
This the way that file should look like. It's untouched (though one line is missing).
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
</dict>
</plist>
This means that the confic file your bootloader uses is located somewhere else.

xj0hnx

xj0hnx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I've been trying to find it, but to no avail. I tried reinstalling with even with MB using the 4.1, but it had zero effect. I'm at a loss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy