Thoughts about AppleHDA patching on AMD hardware (ATI chipsets, nVidia)

theconnactic

166 posts in this topic

Edit

With both drivers and Dsdt. aml

but the Sound is not clean as I have described . I suspect that the problem comes through from VoodooHDA. I do not know how I can modify the problem

I've made every adjustment to changes VoodooHDA and tried every tip from diverse osx treads but nothing changes.

I'm trying to work on my AppleHDA and hope that it is possible soon. Meroni and others please read on here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290796-realtek-alc-applehda-audio-injection/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1981867

I have uploaded a new files in the hope that will work

this is good, now what's your progress?
this using one of my kexts as an attempt?

this is with your DSDT.aml and AppleHDA.kext and Toleda HDAEnabler12.kext

I'm going to make a small change in the dsdt, so layout is identified 12 then. I will hope, then a small change the AppleHDA.plist,   I'll renewed boot and look. which results then I'm going to get.

Edit:

this test does not include the VoodooHDA

Edited by spakk

this will
auditioning.
I have not
AMD hardware to test.
I can offer my help with some
knowledge I have.

I appreciate your work and Toleda been doing very much! and I hope that together we can create a solution. that would be a wonderful performance but not without your knowledge, it will probably not work. :yes:

this will
auditioning.
I have not
AMD hardware to test.
I can offer my help with some
knowledge I have.

:)

hello Mirone , 

I do not understand that VoodooHDA works perfectly and not patched AppleHDA ?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290796-realtek-alc-applehda-audio-injection/page-3

I have sent Toleda this message:

Hi Toleda showing my last test with patched AppleHDA by Meroni with DSDT.aml and your HDAEnabler12, with HEX patch
since only the hex patch Has Brought No Successes with the unpatched AppleHDA, I am now experimenting on.
In addition, I tried the PINConfiguration from my code_dump (from Linux and PINConfigurator modified) insert in your HDAEnabler.plist, this is the result-.
fascinating it is did is the AppleHDAController.kext loaded, see Figure 1

the Toleda replied:

The enabler Has found two codecs, Realtek and Nvidia. In IOREG, HDEF @ 14.2 is the Realtek codec, no AppleHDAController. 
In IOREG, there is so HDEF @ 0.1, the Nvidia codec with AppleHDAController. In Both cases, there is no audio. Without the 
enabler and with dsdt edits, you can get HDMI audio to work. Until AppleHDAController shows up attached to HDEF @ 14.2 
there is no chance for onboard audio.

perhaps has someone an idea?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

next Test:

no luck with sound!

here my test with AppleHDA+HDAEnabler+VoodooHDA+DSDT without Kernel Panik!:

444895HDMI1.png

358314HDMI2.png

354542HDMI4.png

496925HDEF1.png

538216HDEF2.png

647343HDEF3.png

135349HDEF4.png

Now HDMI is detected but the sound can not be activated, by adjustment of the DSDT.aml can I detect the HDMI, but what next?

may need to be adjusted some but what??

AppleHDA.zip

spakks.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

Edited by spakk

Now HDMI is detected but the sound can not be activated, by adjustment of the DSDT.aml can I detect the HDMI, but what next?

may need to be adjusted some but what??

Your dsdt/PEGP edits are not correct. GTX 550 ti HDMI audio is not natively supported in Mavericks.  Voodoo may be your only option.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hi toledo I can not understand how to run hdmi audio on my computer (in signature p5qpl-qm......) this is my dsdt

best regards francesco

hi toledo I can not understand how to run hdmi audio on my computer (in signature p5qpl-qm......) this is my dsdt

best regards francescoDsdt.zip