Thoughts about AppleHDA patching on AMD hardware (ATI chipsets, nVidia)

AppleHDA AMD ATI Chipset nVidia chipset HDMI DSDT Codec Dump VoodooHDA

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,942 posts
Okay, Thank you! :)

Here's the results of the test:

I changed the value of the layout ID to 1 and installed the new AppleHDA with KextUtility, then repaired permissions, rebuilt caches and reboot with -f bootflag. When the computer started again, i had no sound, neither internal, nor the HDMI sound i had previously with the Lion AppleHDA/layoutID 12:

- looking at SysInfo/Extensions, i realized it wasn't loaded: Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-25 at 1.36.49 PM.png   222.29KB   19 downloads

- then i loaded it manually using sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext: Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-25 at 1.39.15 PM.png   352.88KB   19 downloads

- but no change: no sound, no output is SysPrefs: Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-25 at 1.35.47 PM.png   72.03KB   13 downloads

- or in SysInfo: Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-25 at 1.36.08 PM.png   182.42KB   21 downloads

- Despite IOReg reporting HDEF@14,2 correctly, with layoutID 1: Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-25 at 1.40.22 PM.png   168.69KB   24 downloads

Attached, the IOReg output: Attached File  IOReg.ioreg.zip   382.51KB   2 downloads

All the best!

P.S.:

We can inject the values ​​of your graphics card through DSDT.
send me
ioreg and your current dsdt.

Here it is, mirone! Thank you: Attached File  DSDT.aml.zip   12.23KB   4 downloads

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,820 posts
TheConnactic

in your ioreg the Pincofigurations are not loaded,
will never sound this way we have to try to fix it

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,942 posts

TheConnactic

in your ioreg the Pincofigurations are not loaded,
will never sound this way we have to try to fix it

Hi, Mirone! Understand. Can this be fixed in the DSDT? Or must be a binpatch to the HDA?

All the best!

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Producing Music
Hi guys I would love to get hdmi audio working on my hd4890. If I upload my dsdt and ioreg, could you try to fix it mirone?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,942 posts

Hi guys I would love to get hdmi audio working on my hd4890. If I upload my dsdt and ioreg, could you try to fix it mirone?

Bitcore, the dsdt part you can easily do yourself. First, download DSDT Editor (link in the first post). Then, locate SBAZ in your dsdt and change it and all further calls for it to HDEF (use cmd+f, find-and-replace tool and be sure to replace all calls). Then, you'll need Toleda patches for Mountain Lion HDMI audio: do a quick google search for it. Least but not last, you have to patch your AppleHDA: perhaps this step is where someone might as well help you, if there's no already patched HDA for your CODEC. Then, what worked for me was the combination of patched dsdt + loaded AppleHDA.kext + GraphicsEnabler=No + PCIRootUID=0: don't know if the same recipe would do the trick for you, but let us know! :D

All the best!

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,820 posts

Leave your codec_dump obtained from Linux,
Your DSDT + ioreg to analyze.

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,820 posts
Hi, TheConnactic
Try this: http://www.sendspace.com/file/s8go6k

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Producing Music
Hi mirone,

Thanks for your offer to help me, but only installing HDAenabler did the job :)
Thanks anyways

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,942 posts

Hi, TheConnactic
Try this: http://www.sendspace.com/file/s8go6k

Thank you, Mirone! The results improved dramatically, yet there's no internal audio:

1) This time, i didn't lose the already working HDMI audio: Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-27 at 1.34.48 PM.png   74.5KB   18 downloads

2) But no sign of the internal in/outs in SysPrefs: Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-27 at 1.34.55 PM.png   75.21KB   28 downloads

3) However, and that's the great achievement up to now, for the first time the in/outs of internal IntelHD are listed in SysReports: Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-27 at 1.28.38 PM.png   149.5KB   26 downloads

Here's the ioreg output: Attached File  ioreg.ioreg.zip   398.89KB   2 downloads

All the best!

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,820 posts
TheConnactic

We almost got it!
try this: http://www.sendspace.com/file/cxii82

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,942 posts
Hi, Mirone! :)

Same results as test 1. Here's the IOReg, with a headphone connected to the green output: Attached File  ioreg2.ioreg.zip   404.16KB   1 downloads

All the best!

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,820 posts

Hi, Mirone! :)

Same results as test 1. Here's the IOReg, with a headphone connected to the green output: Attached File  ioreg2.ioreg.zip   404.16KB   1 downloads

All the best!

try this: http://www.sendspace.com/file/wyl9ed

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,942 posts
Hello, Mirone!

Juste tested it: still no sound other than HDMI (which still works wondefully) in SysPrefs Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-28 at 12.59.17 PM.png   74.5KB   15 downloads but is SysInfo, a curious behavior: some ports under Intel HD Audio, like HDMI, look to have duplicates Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-28 at 12.59.35 PM.png   166.33KB   19 downloads i also noticed something in common between all three test HDAs: there's an "unknown" port.

Here's my latest IOReg, again with a headphone plugged in the green out (and obviously a TV through HDMI): Attached File  ioreg.ioreg.zip   405.92KB   1 downloads

Thank you very much and all the best!

Attached Files

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,820 posts

Hello, Mirone!

Juste tested it: still no sound other than HDMI (which still works wondefully) in SysPrefs Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-28 at 12.59.17 PM.png   74.5KB   15 downloads but is SysInfo, a curious behavior: some ports under Intel HD Audio, like HDMI, look to have duplicates Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-28 at 12.59.35 PM.png   166.33KB   19 downloads i also noticed something in common between all three test HDAs: there's an "unknown" port.

Here's my latest IOReg, again with a headphone plugged in the green out (and obviously a TV through HDMI): Attached File  ioreg.ioreg.zip   405.92KB   1 downloads

Thank you very much and all the best!

your motherboard only has 3 outputs back?
pink, green and blue?

http://www.ecs.com.t...enuID=1&LanID=0

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,942 posts
Yes, exactly, Mirone! I think i should have provide a picture of this, sorry.

It's exactly this configuration: pink - green - blue.

All the best!

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,820 posts
Hi, TheConnactic
Try This: http://www.sendspace.com/file/9jeri3

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,942 posts
Hi, Mirone!

Still no change. Here's the IOReg: Attached File  ioreg4.ioreg.zip   404.4KB   8 downloads

HDMI audio working like a charm, jut as before.

All the best!

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,820 posts
TheConnactic hi, use this tool and let me know,
which the id of your codec.
Note: just run the file getcodecid inside the folder Realease.
you must have installed a Applehda or voodooHDA.
http://cl.ly/0A3B302x2D1v

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,942 posts
I'll do it and post it here in the next five minutes!

Did you get a solution for your G250?

All the best!

P.S.: Ran it. Only got this:

ATI R6xx HDMI

Which is my working HDMI by the way. Didn't know it was R6xx, how funny. Strange, AppleHDA is loaded, yet the CODEC is not returned by the tool.

I remember i did use this file before, and the result was Via VT1708S. Here: #16

P.P.S.:

VIA VT1708S_4. I was using VoodooHDA in the occasion, and internal audio worked fine (but HDMI not).

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,820 posts
try this TheConnactic
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ptxhmk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AppleHDA, AMD, ATI Chipset, nVidia chipset, HDMI, DSDT, Codec Dump, VoodooHDA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy