[How TO] ATi Mobility Radeon 3000/3100/3200 Leopard and Snow Leopard

Alen Osmancevic

8 posts in this topic

Hi, i couldn't find any kext for this and i just tried the ATi 3200 for my 3100, amazingly it worked.

It works for Leopard and Snow Leopard!

Hardware Tested>>

ATi Radeon HD 3000

ATi Radeon HD 3100

ATi Radeon HD 3200

These are CONFIRMED!

1) Download KextUtility and The Kext>> http://tinyurl.com/cvea7ch and http://tinyurl.com/bsqeto3

2) Open KextUtility and wait for it to repair permissions and others.

3) Now just drag and drop RadeonHD.kext to that window and wait for it to say Have a nice day.

4) Now restart your machine and it should max the resolution itself.

That's about it! Feel free to comment on this and test it with other ATi 3xxx so i can add it to the compatibility list!

Thanks!

EDIT:

Don't be too excited! No QE/CI yet!

EDIT2:

It is gone through an update without any problems!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for sharing this got it working on my system Radeon HD 3000 on AMD 760g chipset only problem is I can not get the native resolution of 1366x786 I have tried "Graphics Mode"="1366x786x32" with no luck. The only resolution I can get is 1280x1024 does anyone know of a way to get my native resolution?

• 1 month later...

Thanks for sharing this got it working on my system Radeon HD 3000 on AMD 760g chipset only problem is I can not get the native resolution of 1366x786 I have tried "Graphics Mode"="1366x786x32" with no luck. The only resolution I can get is 1280x1024 does anyone know of a way to get my native resolution?

Isn´t it 1366x768? Can i have a screenshot of the settings-window where the resolutions are? (you take a screenshot by pressing Command+Shift+3. Note:Command is alt on a Windows keyboard)

-Alen

• 2 weeks later...

it's possible to watch vidéos and launching the vidéo editor including on OSX (i have forget the name) ? Thx ! Sorry for y english !

Edit : not working with mobility HD3430

Edited by flo9z