Acer V5-171BIOS 2.13

Crabhunter

10 posts in this topic

I've just got my Acer V5-171 working 99%

I had to swop the WIFI card but that was only £6 and took 2mins to do.

Only probs I know of now are the brightness buttons don't work but you can change it in preferences and for some reason the trackpad won work if you use "UseKernelcache=Yes" Trackpad also only works as a mouse, no gestures.

Huge thanks to all the people who have written guides, made kexts and boot loaders etc.

A special HUGE thanks to artur-pt for patching the DSDT.

I hope these files help someone get theirs up and running quicker than the three weeks it took me.

Mike

:EDIT: I was a little hasty posting up those files as there are two more kexts needed that I only realised after doing a nice fresh install, I have also tweaked the the boot.com file.

I will shortly organise the files and re-post.

:EDIT I have replaced the attached file with one that contains all the kexts that need to go in S/L/E and the Extra folder to go on the / partition this was posted @ 22.14pm on Friday 15th March 2013.

If you downloaded the file before then please download it again.

Mike

V5-171Bios2.13.zip

Hi,

From the above, install the ApplePS2Controller and any related kext, from /Extra/Extentions to /System/Library/Extensions with Kext Drop or something similar, remove the kextcache from /System/Library/Caches should solve the KernelCache=Yes issue.

I have no clue about the brightness keys :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmm, no it doesn't seem to work :( the little microphone comes up, I speak then click done the lights flash but nothing appears.

I'll do some testing on the mic and check that's working.

Mike

It seems the mic isn't working, I'll have to look into it.

At this stage I would say dictation probably works if the mic works.

Mike

Crabhunter

Tks, BTW is your ethernet work(not Wifi), cause apart from the mic a working lan port is also needed acording to some other comments in the past...I've a benq s42, mic is working but not the lan port so dictation is no go for me. Again Big TKS for your help :)

Cheers/Daryl

• 1 year later...