24 replies to this topic

timp

timp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Wow, good news! Nice to hear that.

Did your sleep work with the HD 4000 too?

Can Mac OS switch automaticly from HD 4000 to m8900?

Yeah.  All works great with the M8900 although no VGA out and no HD4000 switching.  The integrated GPU seems to be disabled with ATI cards.  Would be good to know how the M6000 works.   I also got the SD card reader working.  I'll try and post a summary with once I've got things configured right.

Did you get the brightness working with your NVidia card?   Have you tried the PNLF DSDT mod:

Device (PNLF)
{
    Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
    Name (_CID, "backlight")
    Name (_UID, 0x0A)
    Name (_STA, 0x0B)
}

Needs to be added at the same scope as the power button PWRB.

cdyFlorian

cdyFlorian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Thats really good. 

How did you get your SD Card Reader working?

I don't know how to edit DSDT´s. 

I has looked for the PWRB Scope, but hasn't found anything.

Can you take a look on my DSDT File please?

But the Graphic switching Problem is gone. I has installed the latest bios version. And now if i have optimus activated, it will rest activated if restart or shutdown my Computer. 

timp

timp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

For Andy.

Here are my before and after DSDT .dsl files.   Use iasl to compile them into .aml files.  Sorry about all the iasl generated comments in one of the files but not the other.  The newer version on iasl seems to decompile things slightly differently.

I've included my modded AMD6000Controller kext binary too.  It's from 10.8.4.  The modded personality is Duckweed at byte offset 605008(decimal)

Note my setup is an M6700 with a ATI/Dell 6970m 2GB card and Chimei N173HGE-L21

Attached Files

outomyelement

outomyelement

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi timp

I noticed that you provided the zip file, but I could only figure out what to do with the postInstall folder:

1. copy data from org.chameleon.Boot.plist

2. copy data from extra/extensions into the System/Library/Extensions folder

Can you clarify what you mean when you say, "I also moved all NVDA* and GeForce* kexts out of SLE"?

Also, I noticed the is an "ForSLE" folder in there, and I'm not sure what to do with those files. Can you clarify? 

I was able to get OSX Mountain Lion (Niresh) up and running, although i'm getting so much lag it's almost unusable. It improved slightly when I modified the bios, added the data to the chameleon file, and dropped the extensions in the folder. I do believe I have the same configuration you do. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!! :) 

emeralds

emeralds

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Thank you! But my 6700‘s IGPU forced disabled by the motherboard :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)
© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy