• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

manta

manta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Tried this driver on my ancient GA-EP45-DS3 and it seems to work a lot better than the lnx2mac driver I was using previously. :)

Actually my ethernet worked fine (out of the box) under 10.5 and 10.6. Installing 10.7 on a different disk required a driver and it also somehow killed the ethernet functionality on the SL partition, and I had to install lnx2mac driver on both.

Anyway thanks for this driver, it works great in a 32-bit kernel (some hardware I'm using limits me to 32-bit).

edit - I spoke too soon... the driver worked great until a reboot. Now the DHCP doesn't work properly (gets some random address) and although I can set things manually, it doesn't connect to the network.

The chip is a Realtek 8111C - it has 2 of them in fact, with identical results on both :(

So anyone know why this would work on install, but then stop working completely?

Ruben-P

Ruben-P

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Working 10.10 like a charm on RTL8168B/8111B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy